David Moyes - Hmm!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One of the many rumours going are that we're in for him should 'Arry take us all by surprise and take a job down Wembley Way.

Moyes does not inspire me at all, but give him his due we know what he does, he takes a team who are sketchy for the start of the season and get better come the run in. He has achieved a lot with very little to spend.

Now, if we take Levy's point of view, he has to finance a new stadium and that has to take some money away from the playing budget. So if you were thinking you need a manager who can keep the machine ticking over while we finance the Naming Rights Stadium, you'd look at him too.

As for me, I like what he's done for Everton but seriously he can stay the fuck away from my beloved Spurs...

problem with Moyes IMO is that he has stayed at Everton too long - he's spent so long doing what he has to to get by there (playing negative but effective football) that there is a question mark as to whether he could do better given the freedom to buy/play better players. plus his record n the transfer market when he has had a bit of money to spend is not inspiring.

given the chance he would probably play better football, but he hasn't proved he can do this to the level we would require

i don't think we need a big name manager and i think Harry has gone someway to show you don't need to be a tactical genius to succeed at the highest level. id be happy with either of the guys in charge at Norwich/Swansea and i also think highly of Martinez

anyone but Mourinhio - guy is a classless arrogant egotistical slimy cunt

IT's funny, when Moyes was being talked about in terms of taking over from Alex Ferguson one day, it somehow made sense; a shrewd, wily Scot, who wouldn't take any shit and could get the best out of players... I could actually see it happening!

Now he's being linked with us, it's like he's become a poor man's Mick McCarthy overnight... he clearly can't be both!

no thanks his teams are too hit and miss and go in and out of form on a whim.

Does make me laugh when (as happened again last night on MOTD) a pundit says the famous "A special mention to Moyes for what he's done." Well considering they've been saying it since he joined it's not exactly groundbreaking. Is he getting fucked by a shit owner and board? Absolutely. However after near enough a decade in charge you'd think that he'd have done the groundwork of bringing in players that will perform for him (either inter promoted from the youth or on the cheap) to make the board's tight arsed ways not affect his team at all.

He could have quite easily talked himself into a higher profile job in that timescale, hell even getting some CL experience up in Glasgow but he just seems happy to stagnate while greasing his arse up for the board every year.

Next appointment is vital and we need someone that either has the right pedigree or has ambition. Moyes ain't that man

He would be a huge success here. Everton are a fucking nightmare to beat. Imagine how well he'd do when he could spend more than £5m on shite players?

Moyes has spent the last two seasons moaning about not having any decent strikers. Yesterday, Yakubu and Saha were outstanding. Might've taken him after Ramos went, but we're better than that now.

Personally I think in an ideal world we'd have someone notorious for playing our kinda football and have experience in winning stuff (A no brainer I know). Don't ask me who that should be but if we can get as close to that as possible I'll be happy. I rate him, but Moyes ain't either of those imho.

As I've said in other threads, Redknapp wasn't known for playing this kind of football so you never know about Moyes. Personally, I don't particularly want him but with that amount of shit I've got wrong of late I'll have to trust in Spurs/Levy.

I think a teams style is more defined by the players in it, than the manager. What I mean by that is, unless a manger gives strict instructions to play anti football, they're going to play their natural game, which for us is attractive creative football.

That's the beauty of what Redknapp does, it's all very simple, assemble a squad of players with the right attributes and just get them to play to they're strengths.

I think moyes does much the same, but he has a squad that's less naturally inclined to attack. And that's due to limits on what he can buy because to restraints on budget etc.

Tell you what, any manager that takes over from harry has an amazing opportunity in front of them, everything is in place for them.

Just not sure about Moyes. He's a decent enough manager but whilst he's done well with not much money, he's actually shown that when he's spent a lot of money, he's not done great with it.

He spent £7m on Heitinga, £9m on Bilyaletdinov, £15m on Fellaini, £11.25m on Yakubu, £9m on Andy Johnson. He's made some good cheap signings, but when he's been given a lot of money to buy a "special" player, I think more often than not, he's not bought well.

I'm not convinced Moyes is right for us, especially if we want to have title aspirations.

Moyes doesn't play that negatively, does he? I mean, he's no Sam Allardyce. I don't know about him, he might not be my first choice, but he has consistently ended up in decent positions with a side nowhere near as good as the one we now have. At some point, we will have to stop focusing on the ideal and start focusing on the best available option. Whether that turns out to be DM, I don't know.

I find it astonishing anyone can have a pop at Moyes transfer record.

Every manager out there has signed shitters along the way. Moyes hasn't had too many.

I'm not saying we should get him, but in all fairness he's done the best he can with the players he can get, and it's worked for him. I have a lot of respect for the job he has done with Everton

He's done OK but the truth is that more times than not when he's made a signing of more than, say, £8 million (as listed above - "He spent £7m on Heitinga, £9m on Bilyaletdinov, £15m on Fellaini, £11.25m on Yakubu, £9m on Andy Johnson") he's not done great. Fellaini is the exception there but look at just this.

Bilyaletdinov, Yakubu, Johnson, Beckford, Joao Silva, Louis Saha, Steven Pienaar - the vaguely significant attacking signings that Moyes has made in the last 4-5 years on a permanent basis. Loans are obviously more numerous - Drenthe, Jo (remember him?) Donavan...

EVEN WITH the financial restrictions at Everton, surely he could have done better than that?

I think Moyes has not done too badly when you look at the money he has spent, Yak, Saha, Pienaar, not exactly shite players after all. No argument that he's not in the same league as Arry though, in terms of transfer dealings. I do think it's a bit harsh to use some of the players mentioned as examples of him being shit at transfers though.

The point is we don't know what he'd be like with money..

I think David Moyes could be a case of 'Mike Walker' Syndrome, a guy who was a legend at Norwich and then moved out to, oddly enough, Everton - it didn't work out. Bit like Curbishley at Charlton.

Everton do play decent enough football and he has built a squad that are competent and pound for pound offer value, I'd take Moyes over Allardyce any day.

The funny thing is we need 'a name' someone who will make sure we retain Modders & Bale but also can attract big names in. Whilst I hate to say it, that does sound worryingly like Mourinho doesn't it??

Moyes is a very good shout tbh. For 1 you know somethings that you'll definately get with him like a strong commitment to the cause and his players tend to give their all for him. Now like Harry he'd have to grow into his role and really learn how play with a far better group of footballers than he's had before but he'd hardly show up and try to get us playing like Everton. Moyes I think has been around long enough in the top flight and gained enough experience to deserve a shot at a more financially sound club. He's great at bringing the youth players thru at Everton too. Plus I reckon him and Levy would work well together.

Whilst i'm not particularly fussed whether we go for Moyes or not, after watching Phil Neville touting OUR manager for the England job (and Lee Dickhead, but I expect it of him) I really wanted Colin Murray to ask Neville who Everton were looking for as manager now that Moyes was going to Spurs... just to see the expression of his strokey face!

But no one will be asking ANY player of ANY club who they want as their new manager seeing as their own is so definitely on his way to White Hart Lane, 'cos they've got more fucking manners than that...

...meanwhile, we've got to listen to what Harry's first England team will be on every fucking Sports bulletin (not just SSN) and to be honest, had we not just won so convincingly at the weekend to ram it down their fucking presumptuous throats, I'd be spitting a fucking CHICKEN, let alone just the feathers!

Back
Top Bottom