David Moyes - Hmm!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I must be the only person not bothered at other people saying Redknapp is the best (English) man for the job. It's fairly obvious. It's not like Redknapp has never tapped anyone up before.

I agree he's the best man for the job... and I concede he will almost 100% take it... but for me, the media need to ACCEPT that this will happen at the END OF THE SEASON... Harry's already alluded to it ("I won't leave Spurs in the lurch" speech) but until I see him take to the home dugout for the Fulham game in May, I'll reserve my right to fear the worst...

the thing is (and quite obviously it hasn't done so far, judging by Saturday's performance) but IF this speculation of taking the job early either turned Harry's head and he DID leave before the end of the season, or simply unsettled the dressing room enough to affect performances and results coming into the run-in, then the media/FA want to take a real good look at themselves, and ask if they really DO want a 3-way fight for this title, or are they happy to affect things sufficiently to ensure it's their two favourite Manchester clubs only, and bore the shit out of the rest of us!

I don't think for one minute we'd WIN the title, but fuck me we can come close... WITHOUT the disruption and destabilising effect all of this premature talk could cause.

If it is to happen, then Harry/THFC/The FA need to just come to an arrangement as soon as possible, decide it IS to be the end of the season, and not moment before. Then they can come out and say it, and we can all focus on TOTTENHAM'S season, which (and call me un-patriotic) is ALL I care about right now!

It's something created by Redknapp though, he was making eyes at that job for the last 2 years, now it's become available, this was always going to happen.

The media aren't the only ones to blame here, Redknapp taps up players and was making subtle hints at wanting the job all along.

Aw, I sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss'pose! :harrysmile:

But still... the joy that his impending departure is causing amongst the fans/players of pretty much EVERY other club in the CUNTry is doing my head in... and Lee Dickhead & Martin Keown don't help my mood!!!

Seem like Redknapp is already thinking about who he's taking to the Euro's - talking about taking Scholes and Parker as captain :vdv:

Thelonious said:
I must be the only person not bothered at other people saying Redknapp is the best (English) man for the job. It's fairly obvious. It's not like Redknapp has never tapped anyone up before.

Makes me laugh, we had the Blackburn captain on strike this last transfer window because we had pretty much said we wanted him. Then took Nelsen just to piss him off a bit more so he really got wound up with his employers, and left them short of defenders. Classy.

Remember taking Hoddle from Southampton and being called names by Rupert the Bear. That's football deal with it people.

I think people's tune may begin to change with the quotes about Scholes.

Great player in his day, but bringing him back from retirement doesn't bode well for the current crop.

Surely, whoever does the job next should wipe the canvas and start thinking to the future, fuck Gerard, lampard, Ferdinand et all off and start over. These cunts have had their opportunity and done nothing but let us down over and over.

Thelonious said:
It's something created by Redknapp though, he was making eyes at that job for the last 2 years, now it's become available, this was always going to happen.

The media aren't the only ones to blame here, Redknapp taps up players and was making subtle hints at wanting the job all along.
no problem with media, pundits etc talking about it, but players like Rooney should just shut the fuck up, it's not their place to be giving their opinion on the issue.

Ben said:
Thelonious said:

no problem with media, pundits etc talking about it, but players like Rooney should just shut the fuck up, it's not their place to be giving their opinion on the issue.
With the advent of Twitter, there was always a chance of this happening. Not that upset about players doing it, it'd be funny as fuck if Redknapp didn't get the job and see them all backtrack and support whoever else gets the job.

Have to say, the BBC website carries the following two Spurs 'stories'

Redknapp 'focused on Tottenham'

and virtually in the same breath...

England: Harry Redknapp wants Paul Scholes at Euro 2012

Hilarious... Actually, I think if he keeps this up for the rest of the season, maybe the vocal support for him staying won't be as vocal by May... he's already said 'you can't do both jobs'... so why is he trying to?

I don't see the point in getting upset. Redknapp will go to England, we all know he wants to. We also know it is more likely he will wait until the summer. In between then and now, people will talk about it. Does it matter?

S.L.R said:
I don't see the point in getting upset. Redknapp will go to England, we all know he wants to. We also know it is more likely he will wait until the summer. In between then and now, people will talk about it. Does it matter?

Exactly, just be grateful he came in and drastically changed our fortunes for the better in afew seasons. Imagine if we finish third and win the FA Cup the man would leave a fucking legend. Obviously he'd then go on to bomb out of the euros with engerland in the group stages lol

I think we could do alot worse than moyes, lets not forget their finishes over the last 5 years (or even as far back as 10) average higher than ours

everton

2006-07: 6th
2007-08: 5th
2008-09: 5th
2009-10: 8th
2010-11: 7th

tottenham

2006-07: 5th
2007-08: 11th
2008-09: 8th
2009-10: 4th
2010-11: 5th

while he has made a couple of signings in the attacking department which have been uninspired, he has also made some very good ones + lets not forget that levy will probably be guiding him through most of the transfer buisness anyway.

I certinally think he's miles better and more proven than rodgers or and theres a reason why he's the longest serving manager in the premier league besides wenger and fergurson.

While I see people calling for 'the special one' instead, lets not forget that we probably dont have the money to support them. Someone like moyes on the other hand would have all they need at their disposal.

I also get the impression that players like bale and modric may end up leaving regardless of whether we get a good manager or not, I get the impression though that this wouldn't affect moyes and he would be able to pick up the pieces and put together a perfectly good side.

+ I'd argue his attitude is better than harrys and would be more commited to the club in general.

Back
Top Bottom