Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just read the article (does help!)
Seems that it’s old news anyway.
However John Thomas John Thomas , if a player wants to go, you can’t put the brakes on it whichever way you look at it. United couldn’t keep Ronaldo, Barcelona couldn’t keep Neymar. I know you regard Spurs as a huge club who should be competing with all these other huge clubs, but even two of the very biggest couldn’t keep their prized assets when they decided they were off.

If Rose wants to go, he will go. The only thing we could do is make him sit out his contract. But so could United & Barca with Ronaldo & Neymar.

That sort of thing just doesn’t happen, as satisfying as it would be.

Just read the article (does help!)
Seems that it’s old news anyway.
However John Thomas John Thomas , if a player wants to go, you can’t put the brakes on it whichever way you look at it. United couldn’t keep Ronaldo, Barcelona couldn’t keep Neymar. I know you regard Spurs as a huge club who should be competing with all these other huge clubs, but even two of the very biggest couldn’t keep their prized assets when they decided they were off.

If Rose wants to go, he will go. The only thing we could do is make him sit out his contract. But so could United & Barca with Ronaldo & Neymar.

That sort of thing just doesn’t happen, as satisfying as it would be.
The two examples you use back me up though. Neither Ronaldo or Neymar were sold to direct rivals.
Selling Walker to Man City, who had just finished one place below us, was nothing less than profiteering to the detriment of our title ambitions. If we make a similar deal with Rose, it'll be nothing short of a scandalous kick in the teeth for the fans. If sold, he should be sold abroad. End of.

The two examples you use back me up though. Neither Ronaldo or Neymar were sold to direct rivals.
Selling Walker to Man City, who had just finished one place below us, was nothing less than profiteering to the detriment of our title ambitions. If we make a similar deal with Rose, it'll be nothing short of a scandalous kick in the teeth for the fans. If sold, he should be sold abroad. End of.
Can’t agree that it backs you up. Of course PSG & Real are direct rivals to Barca & United as they are all in European competition together. It’s strengthening a rival for the biggest trophy of them all in European, perhaps world football.
Ideally, I’d like to see him rewarded for his outbursts by seeing him rot in the reserves, emerging on a free when he’s 31 years old- Doncaster Rovers May be his level by then. But if he isn’t going to be part of our club, then it would be stupid to behave that way. Best off getting a huge fee for him & bringing in a replacement. The replacement may not be as good, but then you’re forgetting who created the problem-& it isn’t Levy who went moaning to the press about the club & let’s not forget, the fans. I trust Poch enough to believe that IF Rose has shat the bed at spurs-& that article isn’t at all reliable or up to date, then his replacement will become a top class player as well. Poch does that with fullbacks.

Last thing we should do is sell him to a PL rival like we did Walker

Loan him to Qaarabag
:pochbye:

Just fucking be done with it already. I said it right after the interview in preseason that he is almost definitely done at this club, was just a matter of time. But now it's vital to wrap this shit up fast. We are already more than 'up against it' from outside competition, we don't internal distractions and divisions too.

Have a good evening wallowing in your failed attempt at sanctimonious trolling.
Night night Baz.

No failure as it wasn’t an attempt at trolling at all

Just digging you out for using disabled people to get a laugh which you thoroughly deserve in my book

Incredible someone like you calling another poster sanctimonious

:avbshit:

Sorry I forgot

Night night Mick

Yesterday was all about Poch showing Rose who was the Boss. Would not have been fit enough to play another match and pointless sitting on the bench with little chance of coming on when he can work on his fitness. Now if he does not play Tuesday that is a different story. Not long to wait and see.

This is the obvious downside to the whole "shit storm" - the reason it's angered so many all along (well that + the untimely and underhanded nature of his actions) - but what do you suggest we do(*)?

(From day one, i've said Rose has put us over a barrell and deemed that as a player he holds all the cards.)

Poch tried to reintegrate him, but the guy won't move on (like he said he wanted to do in his initial so-called 'apology'.)

(*Genuine question.... Consider it an 'olive branch', if you like.)

We either listen to his issues, address them, and get him back in the side pronto. Yesterdays performance showed how a fit and firing Danny Rose is vital to the team. Or

We let his contract run down and let him train with the youth team.
Make an example that would surely act as a deterrent to other players. Yes we take a financial hit but he cost peanuts anyway.
And the long term benefits of such a strong stance would far outweigh the quick 50million bucks with regards to squad development. Or

If we must sell him, we sell him abroad. With similar contract stipulations as those attatched to the Gareth Bale transfer.

What we must NOT do is mug ourselves off and sell another of our best players to a domestic rival. It enhances our selling club image and encourages further approaches in the future.
If we want to be a big club, we have to act like a big club.

We either listen to his issues, address them, and get him back in the side pronto. Yesterdays performance showed how a fit and firing Danny Rose is vital to the team. Or

We let his contract run down and let him train with the youth team.
Make an example that would surely act as a deterrent to other players. Yes we take a financial hit but he cost peanuts anyway.
And the long term benefits of such a strong stance would far outweigh the quick 50million bucks with regards to squad development. Or

If we must sell him, we sell him abroad. With similar contract stipulations as those attatched to the Gareth Bale transfer.

What we must NOT do is mug ourselves off and sell another of our best players to a domestic rival. It enhances our selling club image and encourages further approaches in the future.
If we want to be a big club, we have to act like a big club.

It makes no sense that he gets dropped for the derby, then plays the whole 90 Vs Dortmund and then out of the squad again for WBA. If there was an issue between rose and poch then why would he play against Dortmund? Given we have a game in 2 days maybe he is saving him until then?

It makes no sense that he gets dropped for the derby, then plays the whole 90 Vs Dortmund and then out of the squad again for WBA. If there was an issue between rose and poch then why would he play against Dortmund? Given we have a game in 2 days maybe he is saving him until then?
To cup tie him?

Little cunt dropped a huge turd in our pool, no diggity..no doubt. Such a shame, as he’s such a good player, despite his new crack head look, but has imo, done what Terry did to Wayne Bridge.
I’ve had a couple of Sunday beers, so maybe a bit harsh, but maybe I’ll like my own post in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom