Crystal Palace v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 10.11.18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can the coward go a game without calling up the entire Spurs roster? Call up Skipp and some other young talents instead of playing each friendly like its the World Cup finals.
Roster...
giphy.gif

I don't think Dele or Winks are fit enough to be called up to England right now. They have barely been healthy the last two months. Kane could certainly use a rest too.

Overall I am really hating the new WC/Euro qualification scheme.

Despite that though, we should have plenty of firepower to put down Palace.
Anything less than a win here is not good enough. We're too good of a team to expect any less.

.........................Hugo.......................
............Toby Sanchez Foyth...........
Trippier..................................Davies
............Sissoko..Christian..Winks.....

..........Lamela....................Dele........
...........................Kane......................

I'd like to see this depending on fitness issues. I can't see it happening but if I were Poch and we manage to get ourselves in a good lead I'd love to see KWP and Skipp get some minutes.

COYS

Winks have 3 90 minutes matches in one week. Of possible let him rest. With him resting I'd go with
____________Gazza
____Foyth-Sanchez-Alderwiereld
Tippier_______________________Davies
_____________Sissoko
___Lamela___Eriksen__Dele
_____________Kane

.........................Hugo.......................
............Toby Sanchez Foyth...........
Trippier..................................Davies
............Sissoko..Christian..Winks.....

..........Lamela....................Dele........
...........................Kane......................

I'd like to see this depending on fitness issues. I can't see it happening but if I were Poch and we manage to get ourselves in a good lead I'd love to see KWP and Skipp get some minutes.

COYS
There are going to be outrage in the entire nation if we are allowed to field 12 players though.

Did Rose lose his leg? Seems like he's been injured for a while now.

If Dier can't play I am assuming a 3-5-2 with Dele and Eriksen next to Winks in the middle and Moura up top off Kane.

His loyalty.

Get rid.

Never going to change my view.
Winks have 3 90 minutes matches in one week. Of possible let him rest. With him resting I'd go with
____________Gazza
____Foyth-Sanchez-Alderwiereld
Tippier_______________________Davies
_____________Sissoko
___Lamela___Eriksen__Dele
_____________Kane

Overload the midfield or what!!

I don't think Lamela and Eriksen start any away game in the Premier at present. One or the other.

My thoughts are Lamela to start is more likely, with Sissoko, Winks, Dier if fit and probably Alli, with Kane up top.

I would prefer Aurier in this game but he and a young Foyth would be a big risk.

No way will we play a back 5. Should not be necessary

This is a game we can't take for granted...

But we NEED 3 points from tomorrow, if only 'cos next week it's that lot at Wembley, which of course, we can't demand ANYTHING from other than blood and thunder and all out commitment...
the result is as hard to 'expect' as any of the numerous "They hate us" derbies we have throughout the season...

But we have the wherewithal to beat Palace... last week at Wolves will be a good indication of how certain teams will refuse to lie down against the so called 'bigger teams'... Palace did it against Arse, Wolves managed it against City of all teams, which shows it CAN be done...
We just need to be better at coping with the onslaught!

With Dembele out, and Dier apparently fit, I'd expect him to play.
Zaha and 'curse of the ex' Townsend will be the ones we need to keep an eye on... I expect them to score 1 at least... so it's already a case of us HAVING to score twice or more to win this...
No hanging onto a 1 goal lead if we're lucky enough to find ourselves in that position... it's time to kill off a game, and KEEP it killed!

NO MERCY!!!!!

Our last 5 games against Palace has been frustrating one nils, with us averaging 70% possession and 17 shots on goal.... and the single goal being scored late on.

So get prepared for 20 pages of "xxxx is fucking shit / we should be doing these".

Its arguable whether we need a DM for a game like this although Zaha on the break with a certain much derided FB makes me think that we could do with someone who knows when to cover.

Winks has just played 270 mins in a week, but what other options do we have. If he is afforded space then he is key in encouraging the ball to be moved quickly when we regain possession.

Palaces home form is shit ultimately so i'm going for a 0-1 - Alli dive / Kane peno in the 68th min.

Lloris
Trippier Sanchez Toby Davies
Sissoko Winks
Lamela Eriksen Moura
Kane

Where's everyone drinking tomorrow then?
Brother and I are still desperate for a ticket so hoping there'll be a few knocking about in the pub before!

Do not think I agree with Poch's comments about maybe resting Dele & eriksen as they will be playing International Matches and are not fully fit. If they are fit after Tuesday play them and let the International Managers haver the problem of deciding to play a Knackered player who may not be at his best. whilst I cannot see Denmark resting Eriksen, I can see no reason to play Dele in a friendly and England's competitive match is not until the following Sunday.

Do not think I agree with Poch's comments about maybe resting Dele & eriksen as they will be playing International Matches and are not fully fit. If they are fit after Tuesday play them and let the International Managers haver the problem of deciding to play a Knackered player who may not be at his best. whilst I cannot see Denmark resting Eriksen, I can see no reason to play Dele in a friendly and England's competitive match is not until the following Sunday.

Fuck that

International managers don't give a fuck - they'll play 'em and Poch knows that.

If Poch feels we could get away with points without Eriksen and Dele, I'll trust him. They do need a rest.

Fuck that

International managers don't give a fuck - they'll play 'em and Poch knows that.

If Poch feels we could get away with points without Eriksen and Dele, I'll trust him. They do need a rest.
I think a couple of them are due to go down with colds and slight knocks on Sunday's post game assessment. We can get away with that.

Back
Top Bottom