Cristiano Ronaldo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn't seem to be a thread, so here we go.

Now has 103 Champions League goals - three more than Atletico.

Copy & paste from BBC:

• Ronaldo has equalled Barcelona forward Lionel Messi's total of seven Champions League hat-tricks.
  • His treble saw him become the first player to reach 50 goals in the knockout stages of the competition (52).
  • Ronaldo now has 13 semi-final goals in the Champions League (10 for Real Madrid, three for Manchester United) - the most by any player.
  • The Portugal international has also scored more Champions League goals (103) than opponents Atletico Madrid (100).

Crazy.

Didn't seem to be a thread, so here we go.

Now has 103 Champions League goals - three more than Atletico.

Copy & paste from BBC:

• Ronaldo has equalled Barcelona forward Lionel Messi's total of seven Champions League hat-tricks.
  • His treble saw him become the first player to reach 50 goals in the knockout stages of the competition (52).
  • Ronaldo now has 13 semi-final goals in the Champions League (10 for Real Madrid, three for Manchester United) - the most by any player.
  • The Portugal international has also scored more Champions League goals (103) than opponents Atletico Madrid (100).

Crazy.
It's hard to get too excited about these records when you know Messi will just break them all a year or two later.

Long overdue, old plastic face should have his own thread.
ronaldo0511.jpg

It's hard to get too excited about these records when you know Messi will just break them all a year or two later.

Maybe, but like Zlatan, I think it's more of an achievement when you can do these kind of things across a career with different leagues and clubs

I think CJJ CJJ 's account has been hacked. He's far too thorough to spell ronaldo with a lower case 'r'.

Was holding the baby so only had one hand spare :sonpoint:

May be he is hoping for his "fans" to put together a crowdfunding group to raise the money to pay for his dodgy tax evasion to keep him at Madrid.
reece.JPG

I'm sure in his head he thinks he's very important to Spain culturally and financially, and that the threat to leave will make them drop the case.

I'm sure in his head he thinks he's very important to Spain culturally and financially, and that the threat to leave will make them drop the case.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that it's just greed from the Spanish authorities.

By all accounts of what I read (although, of course, I don't know much more than this) it appears that CR is quite benevolent, and already paid €6m Euros voluntarily to cover a period where they suggested he had underpaid. Apparently they seem to think they've got the Barca and Madrid players under the kosh, and keep pressing for more. Sounds almost like a "Loan Shark" attitude.

If he feels victimised, he might be looking to leave for that reason.

Back
Top Bottom