Come here to laugh at West Spam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I always had my faith in the view that this wouldn't happen, I fully expected the additional £300m pumped in post games wouldn't be seen on the books (even though it should, as it's our money) but fuck me, that took me by surprise that the book value is zero!!!

There remains a problem though: It's still a terrible stadium. And it's made out of plasticine and maccano . If it was purchased, I can see it being knocked down and redeveloped for housing etc and them doing another move. The alternative is to rebuild a new stadium from scratch. I think it's more valuable as the former.

I’m sure it was always their plan to move in, stay there a few years till the Olympics was forgotten about then bulldoze it down and build a new stadium. Levy obviously thought so too hence pushing so strongly for the 99 year athletics track lease. Although something has changed around that lease but I can’t remember what it is.

“Was the deal of the century too good?
Is West Ham's residency at the London Stadium in peril?

Explore the brewing concerns around taxpayer subsidies and the financial strain caused by onerous contracts.

In this eye-opening update, we delve into the financial intricacies of West Ham's stadium deal and the potential ramifications for both the club and the taxpayers. Discover the shocking revelation that the stadium's owner, E20 Stadium LLP, took legal action against the law firm Allen & Overy over alleged negligence in brokering the deal that granted West Ham a 99-year lease in 2013.

The fallout from this legal dispute resulted in a reported seven-figure settlement, shedding light on the questionable aspects of the initial agreement. The London Stadium's financial woes are further highlighted by the revealed revenue of £6.3m for the last year (to March 2023), with £4m coming from West Ham in rent.

However, the operating loss of £11.5m raises serious concerns about the sustainability of the current arrangement.

E20 Stadium LLP's accounts disclose an exceptional one-off revenue of £8.5m due to legal disputes with West Ham and Allen & Overy. Despite this, the fair book value of the London Stadium is listed as nil, rendering it essentially worthless as an asset.
Unravel the complexities as E20 Stadium LLP grapples with a £90m loan and accrued interest owed to LLDC.

Furthermore, ominous provisions in the accounts hint at future losses amounting to £232m, stemming from onerous contracts with both West Ham and UK Athletics. As the financial storm brews, the crucial question arises: Could London Mayor Sadiq Kahn seek to have West Ham removed from their cherished ground?“

🙏🙏🤓🤓

View: https://youtu.be/N5iLxY_BXMA

Last edited:

Explore the brewing concerns around taxpayer subsidies and the financial strain caused by onerous contracts.

In this eye-opening update, we delve into the financial intricacies of West Ham's stadium deal and the potential ramifications for both the club and the taxpayers. Discover the shocking revelation that the stadium's owner, E20 Stadium LLP, took legal action against the law firm Allen & Overy over alleged negligence in brokering the deal that granted West Ham a 99-year lease in 2013.

The fallout from this legal dispute resulted in a reported seven-figure settlement, shedding light on the questionable aspects of the initial agreement. The London Stadium's financial woes are further highlighted by the revealed revenue of £6.3m for the last year (to March 2023), with £4m coming from West Ham in rent.

However, the operating loss of £11.5m raises serious concerns about the sustainability of the current arrangement.

E20 Stadium LLP's accounts disclose an exceptional one-off revenue of £8.5m due to legal disputes with West Ham and Allen & Overy. Despite this, the fair book value of the London Stadium is listed as nil, rendering it essentially worthless as an asset.
Unravel the complexities as E20 Stadium LLP grapples with a £90m loan and accrued interest owed to LLDC.

Furthermore, ominous provisions in the accounts hint at future losses amounting to £232m, stemming from onerous contracts with both West Ham and UK Athletics. As the financial storm brews, the crucial question arises: Could London Mayor Sadiq Kahn seek to have West Ham removed from their cherished ground?“

🙏🙏🤓🤓

Any brain dead idiot knew that they were being charged much too low a rent.
I think they also have an agreement that the rent halves if they get relegated.
Scandalous yes, but thst down to the stadium owners and those that brokered the deal.Not West ham.
EDIT
As much as i would like to blame them for everything that is wrong in the world...

Last edited:

🙏🙏🤓🤓

Khan wins back all the Ulez LTN refusniks in one stroke but evicting West Ham. HILLAROUS 🤣🤣🤣

Are we all still laughing in real life meaning we can't come in here yet to virtually lol at them?

Absolute circus of a club. Someone just needs to flush them.

Oh the outrage on X about the tackle on Ings in the first half (the one where the Bristol player got thr ball). Spammers seemingly forget that the game is called football, where players use their foot(or feet) to kick the ball....the Bristol player got the fucking ball, all this talk of reckless in the follow through is jus BS, how the fuck can a player stop immediately after hitting the ball?

Oh the outrage on X about the tackle on Ings in the first half (the one where the Bristol player got thr ball). Spammers seemingly forget that the game is called football, where players use their foot(or feet) to kick the ball....the Bristol player got the fucking ball, all this talk of reckless in the follow through is jus BS, how the fuck can a player stop immediately after hitting the ball?
I think this one is a bit of an unlucky tackle as the Bristol players foot goes onto the ball with studs down and just above the ground and then bounces off it upwards towards Ings' leg. If it doesn't bounce of the ball he's going to broadside it and then plant his foot into the ground. The intention and execution isn't a red for me, only the outcome.

It's a grey area of the game for me, where the speed of the game makes small small differences have a very big impact on the outcome.
And some of the time it's so dependent on what the opposing player decides to do. If a defender clears the ball and the opposing player is late to it but instead of going for the ball just decides to rush into the path of the clearence. yeah he's going to get the defenders studs on his legs a lot of the time.
But you can't argue the defenders should just stop following through on a clearence, that's just the fucking technique of how to shoot a ball.

Exactly, I honestly fail to see how a player is meant to just stop the momentum of the follow through/instantly adjust angle if foot. That's just not how the human body or brain works

Moyes blaming the absence of VAR ("either have it for all cup games or don't") for their exit.......

WH 1 - BC 1
BC 1 - WH 0

..........If you can't beat a 14th placed champo club with 2 attempts that's on you.

Moyes blaming the absence of VAR ("either have it for all cup games or don't") for their exit.......

WH 1 - BC 1
BC 1 - WH 0

..........If you can't beat a 14th placed champo club with 2 attempts that's on you.

I’m glad they are out but moyes is absolutely correct about the VAR disparity. It’s fucking ridiculous that some games have it and others don’t. It beggars belief really how unfair that is.

I’m glad they are out but moyes is absolutely correct about the VAR disparity. It’s fucking ridiculous that some games have it and others don’t. It beggars belief really how unfair that is.

It is wrong, but using it as an excuse for why they got knocked out is utter bollocks.

Moyes is bloody awful really

The sacrifice that the West Ham fans have had to take, is that winning the Conference League last year saved his job. If they’d have lost that final, he’d have got the chop and they’d have another manager now, possibly playing a better style of football.

Funny to watch as an outsider 😂

Moyes is bloody awful really

The sacrifice that the West Ham fans have had to take, is that winning the Conference League last year saved his job. If they’d have lost that final, he’d have got the chop and they’d have another manager now, possibly playing a better style of football.

Funny to watch as an outsider 😂
Think the owners are worried about doing that as last time it nearly got them relegated
:ange-facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom