Come here to laugh at West Spam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly, they are the worst team in the league to watch, Moyesball is a fucking sin. It's unsustainable too, while they have won a few games this season having only 25% possession and 2 shots (our game against them still rankles, where we created their goals - Brighton, chavs, Woolwich and to a degree Man U but Man U are similarly as dysfunctional) you can't expect to go into a football match and be outshot 10 to 1 and win, you're just relying on luck.

For a number of years now their biggest problem is when they have the ball, they train and play to be without it, so when another team says nah, you have the ball they haven't got a clue despite actually having players in the squad who are very good on the ball (Paqueta, Fornals, Ward-Prowse, Bowen and Benrhama - I don't know enough about Kudos but he's looks good whenever I've seen him).

This clip doesn't show Moyesball, if that was against us or any big team where they have 20-25% possession then that ball is going into the "mixer', their fans are so accustomed to it that they clearly are programmed to expect it. But to be an effective possession side there has to be patterns, there has to be a reason why you play it backwards (we do this all the time - worked amazingly when we had out best squad - we invite the press, we draw the oppo out onto us, then have patterns that enable us to play through that press. Moyesball isn't that, they don't train to do that.

Heard that Moyes also didn't rotate at all in the game, and went full strength except for the 'keeper. Paqueta injured, Bowen injured & Mavropanos injured. No break for them now with an away FA Cup replay.

It's brewing under the surface, all West Ham fans know they play shite, it's fine when they fluke a win but they know deep down they can't fluke games each week. They know Moyes is a dinosaur. don't forget that they hired Tim Steidten, I just can't see he player ID's are compatible with Moyesball, something will give here and I hope they stick with Moyes, if they do then I'm sure they will lose Steidten.

Never Mind Oh Dear GIF by Harborne Web Design Ltd

West Ham will end up buying the ground for a quid when the government call time on that deal. Unless someone else offers to buy it off them for more :levyeyes:
I always had my faith in the view that this wouldn't happen, I fully expected the additional £300m pumped in post games wouldn't be seen on the books (even though it should, as it's our money) but fuck me, that took me by surprise that the book value is zero!!!

There remains a problem though: It's still a terrible stadium. And it's made out of plasticine and maccano . If it was purchased, I can see it being knocked down and redeveloped for housing etc and them doing another move. The alternative is to rebuild a new stadium from scratch. I think it's more valuable as the former.

Back
Top Bottom