Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nCjgdCfXD-0

He is a bit divisive but to be fair he raises a good point. Even if Chelsea survive and get away from a big points deduction because they spent so much money and because they spread it the way FFP works they will hit the same problem every year going forward. Needing to raise short term cash selling home grown players to spend or even not spend and just survive. What happens the following year when Gallagher, Colwell, Lukaku are gone and they need to raise another £100m? They could be in crisis each season.

I honestly think Boehly either thought they could get CL football each season or FFP was just a fine.

Or they are just going to fuck off to the Super League which I doubt will have any such constraints

Or they are just going to fuck off to the Super League which I doubt will have any such constraints

I never really looked at the Super League as a way to get around financial constraints. In fact I think it was a little bit of the opposite where it actually reduces the requirements of the included members to have to continue spending at ridiculous levels. The threats of relegation were effectively eliminated and the structure of the league would guarantee landing prestigious players and revenues.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nCjgdCfXD-0

He is a bit divisive but to be fair he raises a good point. Even if Chelsea survive and get away from a big points deduction because they spent so much money and because they spread it the way FFP works they will hit the same problem every year going forward. Needing to raise short term cash selling home grown players to spend or even not spend and just survive. What happens the following year when Gallagher, Colwell, Lukaku are gone and they need to raise another £100m? They could be in crisis each season.

I honestly think Boehly either thought they could get CL football each season or FFP was just a fine.

Yes, it's more that they have set themselves up to need to finance a big loss from sales every year and everybody knows. Plus prices are actually falling so all those big fees look wildly toppy.

I think there is a lot of new owner syndrome as they say in the States, where someone is wanting to make a splash and makes big trades that have long term ramifications.

How many loans with obligations have Chelsea got out?

Theyll get some money back from that. Hall, maatsen, Lukaku. The fuckers will make some back.
The only teams I can see being keen on Lukaku are Italian ones and they're all skint. Genuinely can't see a fee higher than 20m for him to be honest.

Other than them maybe a Saudi club, but they weren't exactly knocking down their door for players in January either.

How many loans with obligations have Chelsea got out?

Theyll get some money back from that. Hall, maatsen, Lukaku. The fuckers will make some back.

They'll do enough to get out IMO, those fuckers are lucky that the PL give them 30 days to sell their players until the end of June which is ridiculous. Between the likes of Hall who is garanteed at £28m and Maatsen who is playing well at Dortmund and they will most probably bite at around £30m

Lukaku's the interesting one because he was talking about Saudi recently so he might end up there and that may push them over the edge - they would have already paid around £60m on him so they need to get a big fee for him to cover the costs.

Other than that between Ziyech who Gala will probably buy for peanuts - they really need Broja to hit the ground running so they can make money on him, it might actually come down to Gallagher and if we are still interested there's no way Levy will bite before the 30th?June deadline - the trouble for them is that they HAVE to sell him in the Summer otherwise he walks away free the following season.

Anyway the major problem isn't this window, it's future windows because the majority of their players are on long contracts and if you don't start to see an up turn in form for their players then they can't sell them for profit, they're gonna have to do this next year and if they underachieve again and players under perform then who are you going to sell to break even?

What a stupid club.

They'll do enough to get out IMO, those fuckers are lucky that the PL give them 30 days to sell their players until the end of June which is ridiculous. Between the likes of Hall who is garanteed at £28m and Maatsen who is playing well at Dortmund and they will most probably bite at around £30m

Lukaku's the interesting one because he was talking about Saudi recently so he might end up there and that may push them over the edge - they would have already paid around £60m on him so they need to get a big fee for him to cover the costs.

Other than that between Ziyech who Gala will probably buy for peanuts - they really need Broja to hit the ground running so they can make money on him, it might actually come down to Gallagher and if we are still interested there's no way Levy will bite before the 30th?June deadline - the trouble for them is that they HAVE to sell him in the Summer otherwise he walks away free the following season.

Anyway the major problem isn't this window, it's future windows because the majority of their players are on long contracts and if you don't start to see an up turn in form for their players then they can't sell them for profit, they're gonna have to do this next year and if they underachieve again and players under perform then who are you going to sell to break even?

What a stupid club.

I think the gamble from Boehly was if you buy all the best young players you get in 2-3 years the best team so you don’t need to buy much beyond that. It seems they didn’t factor in needing to buy players much in the future and will now be limited. I still think they could do 1-2 more big deals like Osinhem and spread the payments over 5 years if they sell Gallagher and the like for pure profit but it will get to a point where for the next 3-5 years they have no room even if selling to buy anyone.

I think the gamble from Boehly was if you buy all the best young players you get in 2-3 years the best team so you don’t need to buy much beyond that. It seems they didn’t factor in needing to buy players much in the future and will now be limited. I still think they could do 1-2 more big deals like Osinhem and spread the payments over 5 years if they sell Gallagher and the like for pure profit but it will get to a point where for the next 3-5 years they have no room even if selling to buy anyone.

Yeah except football doesn't work like that not at least in the PL where you need to be competetive every season and things change quickly. It seems to me that is strategy is purely based off risk and has 0 contingency in case it goes wrong.

Yeah except football doesn't work like that not at least in the PL where you need to be competetive every season and things change quickly. It seems to me that is strategy is purely based off risk and has 0 contingency in case it goes wrong.
It's why I love our current approach. Sarr and Udogie were nailed down a year before they joined us, and we are doing similar this season.

For all the great things Fergie did at United, his big failure was losing interest in the contingency plan as he approached retirement. Left Moyes with a piss-poor squad with no talent coming through, and they still haven't recovered.

And as always, fuck Chelsea.

I swear he's become more and more cringe since becomming their manager, he's spoken some utter nonsense since he's been with them or was he like that with us and I'm looking at things through rose tinted specs, probably the case actually 😆
He always waffled on a bit and didnt know when to finish his sentences...hasn't had many problems finishing his sandwiches by the looks of it lately.

Back
Top Bottom