Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Perhaps someone can explain this to me as I’m not knowledgeable about P&S…

Let’s take Mudryk, for example, who was signed for £88.5m on an 8yr contract. Is amortisation linear, i.e. after a year he would be valued as ~£77.4, reducing in value by around £11.1m per year (88.5/8)?

And then if I have understood this correctly and this is the case, does that mean if Chelsea want to sell him in the summer then they would need to recoup ~£77.4m just to break even? And if they sold him for, say, £50m (hopefully to the Rapists) then that would show on Chelsea’s books as a net loss of ~£27.4m, further compounding the quagmire they are in?

I’m finding it hard to believe this is the case, and the thought that it might be makes me giddy with delight.

Perhaps someone can explain this to me as I’m not knowledgeable about P&S…

Let’s take Mudryk, for example, who was signed for £88.5m on an 8yr contract. Is amortisation linear, i.e. after a year he would be valued as ~£77.4, reducing in value by around £11.1m per year (88.5/8)?

And then if I have understood this correctly and this is the case, does that mean if Chelsea want to sell him in the summer then they would need to recoup ~£77.4m just to break even? And if they sold him for, say, £50m (hopefully to the Rapists) then that would show on Chelsea’s books as a net loss of ~£27.4m, further compounding the quagmire they are in?

I’m finding it hard to believe this is the case, and the thought that it might be makes me giddy with delight.

Yeah that’s about right, although I think they can offset the loss somehow. We had that very same problem with Ndombele. They’ve got it with about 20 players! 😂😂😂😂

There was an Athletic article the other week (we may have spoken about it) about how they think they have got around part of it by some clever accounting procedure. I'm hoping their accounting department is as good as their transfer department!

They've got a few out on loan where they can recoup some cash. Lukaku already touting himself to Saudi, Maatsen at dortmund, not sure if that loan has an obligation, Kepa. So there are some other players to bring in cash.
I think that article in question was really misleading, its premise was centred around them reducing their wage bill (yes, they still have a small army of players out on loan that can be sold) but I can’t square it, seeing Sterling is on £3725 pw!! James £200k, Chilwell £200k, fofana £200k, Nkuku £190k, Enzo £180k, Caciado £180k etc etc just because they got rid of Havertz and a bunch of others their replacements are all still on big wages. Yes, their wage bill is slightly reduced but their revenue is also massively down too (no sponsor for almost a full season, no growth from match day, no CL, Potter must have cost them £100m (Brighton compensation + pay off). They were losing £1m per week when they bought them, it’s thought that their losses for their 2nd season would be double that!!!

View: https://x.com/talksport/status/1753201289310183611?s=46&t=Gc6HrWVZT0mtSXU7r8ZBIQ

LOL

By the way this ain’t the huge Abramovich FFP investigation, that is still on going, above is the Boehly balls up. Below is the article on the Abramovich thing

They are in big big trouble.

Relegation type trouble.

View: https://x.com/talksport/status/1753201289310183611?s=46&t=Gc6HrWVZT0mtSXU7r8ZBIQ

LOL

By the way this ain’t the huge Abramovich FFP investigation, that is still on going, above is the Boehly balls up. Below is the article on the Abramovich thing

They're not just fucked, they're fucked fucked.

Relegation type trouble.

The fact that they now consider June as a legit pre-window for accounting purposes properly fucks me off.

It means punishments will always be applied the season after and thus you can cheat your way to survival and just take the hit the following season (ensuring another years EPL mega money in the process).

Relegation type trouble.

I reckon the Boehly one might be a 20-40 points so they could survive. The Abramovich situation is clearly regelation but that could take 1-3 years to resolve like City’s.

So they have the short term Boehly FFP breach and the long term Abramovich over a decade of FFP breaches.

I reckon the Boehly one might be a 20-40 points so they could survive. The Abramovich situation is clearly regelation but that could take 1-3 years to resolve like City’s.

So they have the short term Boehly FFP breach and the long term Abramovich over a decade of FFP breaches.

The Abramovich stuff is more like fraud than an FFP breach.

20-40 points costs them CL again so probably sets them up for another FFP breach. Or at least handicaps them in the transfer market unless they can sell a lot of players. This could end up a spiral or at least repeating cycle

They didn’t report the figures (wages and transfer payments) in their FFP accounts so I believe it is both as it is deliberate misreporting of FFP.

I'm assuming some of it predates FFP...... We're talking dodgy agents, non-accounting and presumably tax dodge ramifications going as far back as or further than Willian.

Back
Top Bottom