Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It really makes me laugh how WE seem to be the banter "won nothing" club when Newcastle are around, who are in a one club city, haven't won anything except the 2nd Division/Championship since 1969, have been relegated twice in the last 15 years and have bottled league titles & cup finals arguably more times than anyone.

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

For Callum Wilson

Whilst this is hilarious on its own, the effect it has on the Champions League place for fifth in the league isn’t great. With ManU out too, English clubs need to do really well from now on to secure this place.

Quite important for us I’d suggest.
Nah enough of this take.

If we want to be in the Champions League next season let's aim for the top 4 as a minimum.

We should want to succeed on our own merits.

I'm glad Newcastle are out - they were getting far too ahead of themselves. Nice that they are brought down to earth.

Nah enough of this take.

If we want to be in the Champions League next season let's aim for the top 4 as a minimum.

We should want to succeed on our own merits.

I'm glad Newcastle are out - they were getting far too ahead of themselves. Nice that they are brought down to earth.
Fair. Personally, I’d have preferred for them to get through, at least to the Europa, so they have more games. And I do agree we should aim for fourth at least, but if it gets to the end of season and we are fifth, we may regret laughing at these fuckers.

If we get fifth and no CL, so be it.

We really shouldn't have to rely on others to reach our goals. If we aren't good enough to get top four, we aren't good enough to play Champions League football tbh.

We're more than capable of getting top four. Just like the English teams are more than capable of putting in good runs and securing those coefficients anyway.

I'm not bothered by not having an extra CL place. We should be aiming to finish as high as possible instead of seeing how low we can finish. I want to be in the champions league so we can actually give it a go, not just to make numbers up. It doesn't effect our spending anyway.

It really makes me laugh how WE seem to be the banter "won nothing" club when Newcastle are around, who are in a one club city, haven't won anything except the 2nd Division/Championship since 1969, have been relegated twice in the last 15 years and have bottled league titles & cup finals arguably more times than anyone.
They haven't won anything since 1955.
Their 1969 trophy was the fairs cup, which is not recognized as it was invitational only.

I agree regarding the flack we get compared to them.
Every picture on social media has the comments, nice trophy or put that in your trophy cabinet.
Yet these, everton etc get nothing.

We're good enough to get top four easily in my opinion, i don't think we need to worry about whether 5th we get in the CL. Let's just enjoy that these jokers showed themselves up. They don't deserve to be in it and neither do Man Utd. Both are absolute toilet.

Whilst this is hilarious on its own, the effect it has on the Champions League place for fifth in the league isn’t great. With ManU out too, English clubs need to do really well from now on to secure this place.

Quite important for us I’d suggest.

View: https://x.com/DaleJohnsonESPN/status/1734700227180036418?s=20

4th it is.

We'll finish above Newcastle this season.

Villa do look good but we outplayed them completely which enforces how good we actually are and gives me confidence, when they played Woolwich I thought they had the better bench too, so I think they have built their squad well so they can rotate and/or cover injuries (good job we've taken the guy that built the squad).

I've seen most of Utd games and it is truly astounding where they are in the league playing so shite, so I guess they would be a concern for the remainder of the season.

Our biggest threat is injuries and the loss of players (Son, Sarr & Biss) at the Asia Cup and AFCON.

Back
Top Bottom