Come here to laugh at Leicester

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I did read it was something to do with the owners funds coming from their Duty Free shops and it’s taken a hit in the last couple of years.

I have no idea how close to the limit they are with FFP, but you might be right
The owners have taken a hit with their duty free shops in Thailand but the problem is their wage bill has got away from them due to their own mismanagement. They are right on the edge of FFP & have very little wiggle room until the Summer of 2023 when quite a few contracts expire.
One thing for sure though is the Rat Rodgers will make sure he gets every last penny owed to him.

AD05-D351-30-A1-4-BFA-BFDF-40416-BA7-F869.jpg

Rodgers win FA Cup, got 5th two times ( or at least once) and he’s been there for 4 years. He can’t do anything more with that team. Time to move on from both sides.

Is there not a case to be made here. Corruption, favouritism.
If we're ever within touching distance of winning it again we're going to be screwed over arent we

If there was any favouritism it wasn’t intended to fuck over Spurs. People just preferred the Leicester fairytale. Would’ve happened to any club … we finished third anyway.

That quote should definitely be investigated though. Even if it was just a joke, completely unacceptable for a referee to talk like that.

For a non-native English speaker, can someone translate what they said? :balesnarl:
A lot of mumbled nonsense and then at the end he says that a ref (Clattenburg) said during a game to a Leicester player that he should send him off but didn't because he wanted them to win the League.

"I should've sent you off there but I want you to win it."

Back
Top Bottom