Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People’s court out in full force I see. Any charged or convicted rapist should be put away for years. But let’s wait until the real law has done it’s job before casting our emotional and unfounded judgement.
It's not really 'unfounded judgement' though, is it. Partey admitted to raping her. Of course, you may choose to believe the accuser fabricated those messages, but that strikes me as vanishingly unlikely.

The only reason charges may not be brought against him in this case is because the applicable law, at the time, didn't allow for it.

I live in deepest, darkest Surrey and spoke to a few gooner mates over the weekend ( yeah, yeah I know...) and there seems to be a pretty stark divide between the older more traditional fans, ST holders, home and away type people and the younger part-time AFTV types. The old boys were 100% for suspending TP until the case has run its course and the younger ones were almost 100% for continuing to play him because basically Woolwich are more important than some 'girl on the internet who's obviously lying'.

I sensed a definite rift between old school 'analogue' gooners and new school 'digital' gooners.

Been reading on this site forever and just had to create an account to comment on this, since it's basically a hush hush-topic on all other mediums I use.

How on earth have they handled it this way!? Their manager, their directors, perhaps even the players (yet to know how much they know about it, generally footballers aren't all clued up) have decided to just put the blinders on and earplugs in!

I sincerely hope it goes completely tits up for them, but we've seen before in the case of City and them handling the Mendy-case that clubs can just get away with it. And the gods know what Woolwich have gotten away with in their history.

Makes a man sick.

I sensed a definite rift between old school 'analogue' gooners and new school 'digital' gooners.
There's a problem for the goons right there. Old style analogue will remember the crap times of Mee/Don Howe, Rioch, the shambolic end of Raincoat-man. With the exception of one season, between 1953-1977 they did absolutely nothing. One of their formative memories will be being beaten by 3rd Div Swindon in the LC final. Their expectations will be more realistic. Like us, any success they'll be grateful.

These digital fanboys though - that entitlement!! A few more years of the late-era and post-Wenger doldrums, they'll start supporting Spurs, or at least their kids will.

Older people with families tend to think different. Being loyal to your club/gang/friends has always been more important to young people. Twitter is a shit platform that enables haters, and it does not represent public opinion.

I live in deepest, darkest Surrey and spoke to a few gooner mates over the weekend ( yeah, yeah I know...) and there seems to be a pretty stark divide between the older more traditional fans, ST holders, home and away type people and the younger part-time AFTV types. The old boys were 100% for suspending TP until the case has run its course and the younger ones were almost 100% for continuing to play him because basically Woolwich are more important than some 'girl on the internet who's obviously lying'.

This is anything but suprising...... No doubt the United fanbase would have shown similar trends over Greenwood.

You're fundamentally misunderstanding the difference between criminal law, employment law, public opinion and their respective principles and processes.
An employer is allowed to suspend or dismiss an employee before the outcome of a criminal case, because the standard of proof is lower. The employer should factor in reputational risk to business and ultimately if they can still trust the employee to uphold their values.
Public opinion is valid and important in democratic society.
Judges in criminal trials are required to advise jurers they must disregard any media reports / coverage / speculation and establish the facts based only on the evidence heard during the trial.
Ive been involved with law for 20 years and the most surprising thing is that Woolwich haven't now suspended the player involved. As employers, they can't unknow what they know - this isn't saying he's 100% guilty to the criminal standard, simply that there's a tide of information now out in the public domain which a responsible employer ought not ignore
This can 100% become a catastrophic case for Woolwich, if they don’t have info from Partey or the police, that suggests the ex-girlfriend is lying. The funny thing is, that people just conclude, that the woman holds the entire truth about the case. Why?
But I 100% agree, that Woolwich are walking a very thin line.

Agree. Looking at their fixtures, I wouldn't be shocked to see them sitting in the top four by the time they play us on 1st October. They've had a touch with that early run. Palace fans will be as cringe as ever on Friday night, but I still think Woolwich get the win sadly. In the end though, Thursday night football will break the f**kers. They had the luxury of one game a week last season.
I agree completely. Note however that they were still complaining about their start to the season (Fat Robbie calling the fixtures 'rigged' for giving them Palace away).

Also, despite the lack of European football last season, Arteta still saw fit to complain about their fixture scheduling throughout the entire season.

Anyway, short spotting in McDonalds Colchester (taking youngest g daughter to beach)

initially two scum shirts. One in gold that must have been designed by the devil himself. It is more shit than the team. The other was a kid, about 15. But to be fair I think his mum must have dressed him.

thankfully 2 yid shit’s turned up to brighten up my day. If it was someone on here, Thank you.

Anyway, short spotting in McDonalds Colchester (taking youngest g daughter to beach)

initially two scum shirts. One in gold that must have been designed by the devil himself. It is more shit than the team. The other was a kid, about 15. But to be fair I think his mum must have dressed him.

thankfully 2 yid shit’s turned up to brighten up my day. If it was someone on here, Thank you.

Mate, you got it the wrong way round. :contesmell:

Back
Top Bottom