Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did you oppose to the signing of Bissouma? He was signed before being cleared of sexual assault allegations.
We talked long and in depthabout Bissouma. People reacted to the facts in the public domain. So Bissouma was known as tangentel to the investigation it was his uncle and there was an allegation of sexual assault that amounted to inappropriate touching. So the cases are not comparable and its lazy to simply go accusations are all the same. If public domain had the stuff this woman alleges about Partey on (I choose him because he's perfect) Son Heung-Min I'd want him suspended till a court had reached a verdict. 100%.

I think this woman should have her evidence tested by the CPS as Bissouma did and was cleared. Your point is empty headed because that seems to be exactly the justice she has been denied.

Sound OK to me in theory. Can some kind person explain the contention that it reversed the presumption of innocence some how in law. Didn't see myself.
It obviously didnt. It just rectified a bias that existed, and which was exposed in a very public case which resulted in widespread revulsion, as I have said earlier, giving more voice to the victim than their attacker.

It still has some way to go, which will take more time and consensus. We'll need to revise the country's criminal code for example, which is different to some point from the laws passed by government. But it will happen and won't ever be changed.

We have elections next year, it's very possible that the current slightly rag-tag coalition of the centre left (PSOE, Keir Starmer type Labour) with a further left (Podemos, sort of "Corbynista" and a bit beyond) ally and a number of Catalan and Basque nationalists and small (centrist) regional parties will be replaced by the traditional centre-right and more traditional right (both meaning PP, the Tories more or less) and the new populist further right Vox. Even so, they wont dare touch this new legislation, which brings Spain much further in line with more women-friendly legislations elsewhere in Europe.

Last edited:
People’s court out in full force I see. Any charged or convicted rapist should be put away for years. But let’s wait until the real law has done it’s job before casting our emotional and unfounded judgement.
No, we're going to keep talking about it because super-injunctions are fucking horseshit and this is newsworthy.

Want him gone before charges have been filed against him? So you would leave it to People’s court to pass judgement on him before the real court of law? Sounds like a brillant idea.

You're fundamentally misunderstanding the difference between criminal law, employment law, public opinion and their respective principles and processes.
An employer is allowed to suspend or dismiss an employee before the outcome of a criminal case, because the standard of proof is lower. The employer should factor in reputational risk to business and ultimately if they can still trust the employee to uphold their values.
Public opinion is valid and important in democratic society.
Judges in criminal trials are required to advise jurers they must disregard any media reports / coverage / speculation and establish the facts based only on the evidence heard during the trial.
Ive been involved with law for 20 years and the most surprising thing is that Woolwich haven't now suspended the player involved. As employers, they can't unknow what they know - this isn't saying he's 100% guilty to the criminal standard, simply that there's a tide of information now out in the public domain which a responsible employer ought not ignore

Clear gooner troll trying to support his rapist favourite player

When someone's first and only post for 5 years is to call Arse "pure class" it certainly makes you wonder.

:sonhmm:

It obviously didnt. It just rectified a bias that existed, and which was exposed in a very public case which resulted in widespread revulsion, as I have said earlier, giving more voice to the victim than their attacker.

It still has some way to go, which will take more time and consensus. We'll need to revise the country's criminal code for example, which is different to some point from the laws passed by government. But it will happen and won't ever be changed.

We have elections next year, it's very possible that the current slightly rag-tag coalition of the centre left (PSOE, Keir Starmer type Labour) with a further left (Podemos, sort of "Corbynista" and a bit beyond) ally and a number of Catalan and Basque nationalists and small (centrist) regional parties will be replaced by the traditional centre-right and more traditional right (both meaning PP, the Tories more or less) and the new populist further right Vox. Even so, they wont dare touch this new legislation, which brings Spain much further in line with more women-friendly legislations elsewhere in Europe.
Excellent.

Just a word of warning not to get wound up or too carried away with the start of their season compared to ours. We have a pretty tricky start compared to them, so I suspect they will be above us initially as they have the easiest start of all the clubs. Their bellend fans will be out celebrating that weekly if this summer is anything to go by. We’ll beat them eventually though and just need to not rise to it in the meantime.

Just a word of warning not to get wound up or too carried away with the start of their season compared to ours. We have a pretty tricky start compared to them, so I suspect they will be above us initially as they have the easiest start of all the clubs. Their bellend fans will be out celebrating that weekly if this summer is anything to go by. We’ll beat them eventually though and just need to not rise to it in the meantime.
I'm hoping we face Chelsea before they have defensive reinforcements and we smash em. Palace away is also a tricky first game.

People’s court out in full force I see. Any charged or convicted rapist should be put away for years. But let’s wait until the real law has done it’s job before casting our emotional and unfounded judgement.
The real law won't do its job. It's rather unlikely to make a rape conviction stick. And the woman probably realises this already, hence the nuclear option here.

The hypocrisy among football fans is insane. Most users in here are so upset, because it’s a player from Woolwich. Nobody honestly care about the woman, who might be telling the truth and might be a blatant liar. Nobody really knows. Had it been a player from Tottenham most users would scream: innocent until found guilty. Shameful really.
Yes I will admit that I was relieved it wasn't one of ours, but if it had been, I would hope that our Club would do the decent thing and suspend the player, where there was so much evidence out there. I would certainly not want our Club to sweep things under the carpet.

I'm hoping we face Chelsea before they have defensive reinforcements and we smash em. Palace away is also a tricky first game.

Yeah I agree. I’d be amazed if palace don’t win that one, especially if they get the first goal. But after that their games are quite winnable for a while. Pressure on if they don’t win those of course. Plus the Amazon documentary is out which might stir up some shit with any luck!

When someone's first and only post for 5 years is to call Arse "pure class" it certainly makes you wonder.

:sonhmm:

Pure Arse, one might say.

:pochsmirk:

To be fair, it's not as if they can comment about it on their own forums so no wonder they go elsewhere.

Woolwich fan at work cant believe that Partey hasnt been suspened he says he can only conclude that Woolwich know a lot more about this case. Said the whole thing does not feel like "The Woolwich Way"

Agree. Looking at their fixtures, I wouldn't be shocked to see them sitting in the top four by the time they play us on 1st October. They've had a touch with that early run. Palace fans will be as cringe as ever on Friday night, but I still think Woolwich get the win sadly. In the end though, Thursday night football will break the f**kers. They had the luxury of one game a week last season.

Back
Top Bottom