Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

10424249_766121593507739_6553849699867116766_n.jpg

:carrollwtf::avbcringe:
"You will never walk alone"???

Am I the only one who doesn't have any problems with Sterling wanting to be paid more? Yes, I understand that he was offered a raise and wanted 225k or whatever. He' a young twenty two year old who has hit the lottery with his athletic and technical abilities, so he should cash in. He could very easily get hurt tomorrow and not play ever again in his life. Realistically, he probably doesn't have many skills that could actually make a living. He should make as much money as he can as quickly because his career is only a few years. I don't know much about him, but I know he didn't grow up in Liverpool, so it's not like he is screwing over his "boy-club." Again, I don't know him, but i would be giving away a lot of the money to all my family members and making sure all of them are okay.

Am I the only one who doesn't have any problems with Sterling wanting to be paid more? Yes, I understand that he was offered a raise and wanted 225k or whatever. He' a young twenty two year old who has hit the lottery with his athletic and technical abilities, so he should cash in. He could very easily get hurt tomorrow and not play ever again in his life. Realistically, he probably doesn't have many skills that could actually make a living. He should make as much money as he can as quickly because his career is only a few years. I don't know much about him, but I know he didn't grow up in Liverpool, so it's not like he is screwing over his "boy-club." Again, I don't know him, but i would be giving away a lot of the money to all my family members and making sure all of them are okay.

We could have got him a few years back, seem to recall him being linked with us a few times after the next gen game where we got kicked out afterwards.

We could have got him a few years back, seem to recall him being linked with us a few times after the next gen game where we got kicked out afterwards.

I don't remember that, but that's just my shitty memory. If he were to do this with Spurs, naturally i'd be mad at him, but frankly, I'd understand it.

To be honest, you can put any perceived 'greed' on the backburner and it's still pretty funny.

At the very least, it's angling for a move to a (currently) more successful club than Liverpool prematurely in his development. Liverpool fans (and so often the media pandering to them) will label it as a money-hungry thing because their pride and blinkered view of football will simply not allow them to process a player wanting to leave 'the biggest club in the world' for footballing reasons.

I find it pretty fucking hilarious to watch the infighting and misery of that lot. Considering how well last season went for them, they've lost Luis Suarez and are seemlingly going to lose Sterling within a 12 month period - and despite all the hype have the EXACT same W/L/D record this season as us.

And we're in a transitional season.

As many problems as we've had, I don't think we come across as openly dysfunctional as they do.

To be honest, you can put any perceived 'greed' on the backburner and it's still pretty funny.

At the very least, it's angling for a move to a (currently) more successful club than Liverpool prematurely in his development. Liverpool fans (and so often the media pandering to them) will label it as a money-hungry thing because their pride and blinkered view of football will simply not allow them to process a player wanting to leave 'the biggest club in the world' for footballing reasons.

I find it pretty fucking hilarious to watch the infighting and misery of that lot. Considering how well last season went for them, they've lost Luis Suarez and are seemlingly going to lose Sterling within a 12 month period - and despite all the hype have the EXACT same W/L/D record this season as us.

And we're in a transitional season.

As many problems as we've had, I don't think we come across as openly dysfunctional as they do.

That's the thing, we've been lauded as shite and they were going through the stratosphere....same points. Looks like they bought about as well as we did after Bale.

My summer prediction is that Rodgers will go to City, taking Henderson with him.

Personally I can see them throwing silly money at another foreign coach but I LOVE the thought of your prediction. Will take him seasons to get those tossers playing "his way" which the owners won't give him. Pool fans get another person to wring their hands over and play the victim card over and would probably give the job to DeBoer who knocked them back before and made it clear he was interested in managing us. Second best again ;)

Personally I can see them throwing silly money at another foreign coach but I LOVE the thought of your prediction. Will take him seasons to get those tossers playing "his way" which the owners won't give him. Pool fans get another person to wring their hands over and play the victim card over and would probably give the job to DeBoer who knocked them back before and made it clear he was interested in managing us. Second best again ;)

He was interviewed for the City job, I imagine his lack of trophies put them off but who will City replace Pellegrino with? There aren't many 'top' managers in a position for them to recruit. Mourinho will stay at Chelsea, Simeone has just signed a new contract with Atletico, Pep isn't going to leave Bayern for City and Ancelotti hasn't come out of the Real job shining, although I think he'd be a good option still.

He was interviewed for the City job, I imagine his lack of trophies put them off but who will City replace Pellegrino with? There aren't many 'top' managers in a position for them to recruit. Mourinho will stay at Chelsea, Simeone has just signed a new contract with Atletico, Pep isn't going to leave Bayern for City and Ancelotti hasn't come out of the Real job shining, although I think he'd be a good option still.
:harrysmile:

Can see them throwing silly money at someone like Klopp even though this season has been far from stellar

Klopp strikes me as a project man, like Rodgers. If they decide on the project route, I think they'd prefer Rodgers due to his PL experience. Who knows, will be interesting to see what happens on the manager front this summer.

I don't rly understand 'project' managers that want to build a team on the long run in this era of football. I understand having youth players breaking into the team, but when every other star that a 'project' team creates leaves to another club, how can that 'project' ever get finalized?
The Rodgers 'project' lost Suarez, Gerrard and is about to lose Sterling (overrated cunt).
Managers these days are expected to show results in their first year, especially if the club spends a large amount of money.
I think the same thing will happen at us. If Levy gives Poch a few players that he wants, then the clock will start ticking and results will be expected.

Gnutmi Gnutmi

I think 'project' is more about installing an ethos, an identity that runs throughout the club. At City, they seem more intent on appointing someone to take the first team to every final possible, whereas the development squads play second fiddle. The truth is, with the squad City have (maybe not so much now), it would take an extraordinary individual to beat those first teamers to a starting place.

Back
Top Bottom