Come here to laugh at Citeh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pep moaning about City having a fixture pile up and playing too many games??

'It's not acceptable' - Guardiola on Man City's fixtures - 'It's not acceptable' - Guardiola on Man City's fixtures

Well...

View: https://twitter.com/Prestonoldham51/status/1781770140062761296?t=ZxQO7yngWf-39464aXmdIw&s=19

I haven't seen his comments but this pisses me off every season.

All clubs know what comps they're in at the start of the season. They all want to do well in all of them.

Why is there always a club who are surprised they have a backlog of matches when going deep into the latter stages of multiple comps?! What do they think would happen?!

I haven't seen his comments but this pisses me off every season.

All clubs know what comps they're in at the start of the season. They all want to do well in all of them.

Why is there always a club who are surprised they have a backlog of matches when going deep into the latter stages of multiple comps?! What do they think would happen?!

That's not what he's complaining about, he's talking about rest and recovery time between matches i.e the schedule that the broadcasters set when they could put them on an earlier or later time or day. The broadcasters are the ones at fault because they will schedule the times purely based on entertainment (because there's more likely going to be upsets) It's like when TNT always put Liverpool on at 12:30 after Europe because partly they know their opponents have more of a chance and there's likely going to be an upset.

I suppose that's what makes the Prem the best league in the World because there's less of a handicap and you get more upsets and stories, at the same time people will argue that the bigger sides have the advantage because they have the most resources.

Other leagues manage to placate their big teams playing in the Euro competitions but that means that games are more one sided and you won't have the excitement or close matches.

That's not what he's complaining about, he's talking about rest and recovery time between matches i.e the schedule that the broadcasters set when they could put them on an earlier or later time or day. The broadcasters are the ones at fault because they will schedule the times purely based on entertainment (because there's more likely going to be upsets) It's like when TNT always put Liverpool on at 12:30 after Europe because partly they know their opponents have more of a chance and there's likely going to be an upset.

I suppose that's what makes the Prem the best league in the World because there's less of a handicap and you get more upsets and stories, at the same time people will argue that the bigger sides have the advantage because they have the most resources.

Other leagues manage to placate their big teams playing in the Euro competitions but that means that games are more one sided and you won't have the excitement or close matches.
Ok fair enough but it's still the same arguments every year.

It happens every year. The Dippers were complaining early in the season.

If you want to be the best - which means you'll be on TV more - then suck it up and stop whining.

Ok fair enough but it's still the same arguments every year.

It happens every year. The Dippers were complaining early in the season.

If you want to be the best - which means you'll be on TV more - then suck it up and stop whining.

I don't think that's an adequate answer because the TV companies could easily make it easier for them if they want to.

I don't think that's an adequate answer because the TV companies could easily make it easier for them if they want to.
Yes they could.

And they could have made it easier last season.

And the season before that.

It's been this way for a while and will be this way while the demand is there. So they need to stop complaining.

I'd much rather advocate that TV companies do more to help the fans tbh. I have sympathy for match going fans. I've none for the clubs.

Yes they could.

And they could have made it easier last season.

It's been this way for a while and will be this way while the demand is there. So they need to stop complaining.

I'd much rather advocate that TV companies do more to help the fans tbh. I have sympathy for match going fans. I've none for the clubs.

What do you mean they need to stop complaining, the players themselves are coming out and saying they are tired, that's a cry for help, Bernardo Silva came out and said that players are running on fumes - mental if you think they should shut up and just play, that's crazy :confused:

I get it tribalism gets in the way because you think it's Pep and he manages Man City but the same thing affects everyone, it will affect us if we're going deep in every competition next season, it's a huge problem especially playing in such an intense league.

Sports Science and recovery techniques are the best it's ever been in the history of the Sport, these clubs hire the best medical consultants, trainers and dieticians and still players are complaining about burnout, it's a recurring issue that everyone wants to ignore because of who it's coming from.

What do you mean they need to stop complaining, the players themselves are coming out and saying they are tired, that's a cry for help, Bernardo Silva came out and said that players are running on fumes - mental if you think they should shut up and just play, that's crazy :confused:

I get it tribalism gets in the way because you think it's Pep and he manages Man City but the same thing affects everyone, it will affect us if we're going deep in every competition next season, it's a huge problem especially playing in such an intense league.

Sports Science and recovery techniques are the best it's ever been in the history of the Sport, these clubs hire the best medical consultants, trainers and dieticians and still players are complaining about burnout, it's a recurring issue that everyone wants to ignore because of who it's coming from.
If they want the TV money then they have to cope with it.

And City complaining about it is probably the last club that should be complaining about it.

They're were and are happy to cheat their way to the top table. Cry me a river.

And City complaining about it is probably the last club that should be complaining about it.

See tribalism...the players who play for City aren't the ones who cheated mate, you do know that right?

When we are playing every 3 days next season come the end of the season I want to see the same energy from you when our players are dropping like flies and dead on their feet.

Pep was complaining that City had to play on Saturday after their match on Wednesday. Yes, tiny violin and all that, but to be fair they could have put City on Sunday and United Vs Coventry on Saturday instead.

See tribalism...the players who play for City aren't the ones who cheated mate, you do know that right?

When we are playing every 3 days next season come the end of the season I want to see the same energy from you when our players are dropping like flies and dead on their feet.
It's not tribalism. Yes I'd be expecting us to cope with it. I'd be livid if we whinged about it.

My whole initial point was that some club complains about it every year and it gets on my wick.

Pep was complaining that City had to play on Saturday after their match on Wednesday. Yes, tiny violin and all that, but to be fair they could have put City on Sunday and United Vs Coventry on Saturday instead.
I'm assuming they were picked by BBC so had to play the Sat. So no it couldn't be changed unless BBC and ITV swapped slots which they probably didn't want to happen.

May also have been a policing issue.

Who cares? Every bloody season someone cries.

It's not tribalism. Yes I'd be expecting us to cope with it. I'd be livid if we whinged about it.

My whole initial point was that some club complains about it every year and it gets on my wick.

If the players are complaining about it what does that tell you?

This is such a weird stance, if James Maddison comes out this time next season saying that he cannot cope with the schedule and his body is breaking down you'd be livid, I mean what are we even doing here? :confused:

It may get on your nerves but there's a legit concern about player welfare you're dismissing just because some team has some corruption charges against them, what?

If the players are complaining about it what does that tell you?

This is such a weird stance, if James Maddison comes out this time next season saying that he cannot cope with the schedule and his body is breaking down you'd be livid, I mean what are we even doing here? :confused:

It may get on your nerves but there's a legit concern about player welfare you're dismissing just because some team has some corruption charges against them, what?
Do you think Ange would come out and complain if we had to play Sat lunchtime instead of Sat evening?

All this whining has done is contribute to more cheapening of the FA Cup (scrapping of replays) and hit lower clubs hardest.

The privileged few at the top complaining and whinging and crying is ridiculous.

Do you think Ange would come out and complain if we had to play Sat lunchtime instead of Sat evening?

All this whining has done is contribute to more cheapening of the FA Cup (scrapping of replays) and hit lower clubs hardest.

The privileged few at the top complaining and whinging and crying is ridiculous.

If a load of our players are mentioning they're tired and playing on fumes then why would it matter what Ange says?

There's general cause of complaints that the teams at the top are privileged but that doesn't mean the player's welfare should just be brushed aside.

If a load of our players are mentioning they're tired and playing on fumes then why would it matter what Ange says?

There's general cause of complaints that the teams at the top are privileged but that doesn't mean the player's welfare should just be brushed aside.
The clubs at the top have all the tools to mitigate for these situations. The player unions should be raising it with clubs if it really is that bad.

I have very little time for the TV companies but they pay their money - substantial money - so they have to do what is best for them. I don't blame them for that, even though I personally would like it if they thought about fans more when setting their schedules.

Just stop whining and get on with it. All this complaining year after year only hits the poorest the hardest - like my FA Cup example.

Silva tired - play another midfielder.
Maddison tired - play another midfielder. That midfielder not good enough? Improve your squad.

The clubs at the top have all the tools to mitigate for these situations. The player unions should be raising it with clubs if it really is that bad.

I have very little time for the TV companies but they pay their money - substantial money - so they have to do what is best for them. I don't blame them for that, even though I personally would like it if they thought about fans more when setting their schedules.

Just stop whining and get on with it. All this complaining year after year only hits the poorest the hardest - like my FA Cup example.

Silva tired - play another midfielder.
Madison tired - play another midfielder. That midfielder not good enough? Improve your squad.

Like what? You expect the clubs at the top to completely rotate their team every 3 days, that's not realistic.

This idea that the top clubs have 22 players who play at the same level is just a fallacy, who in the City team can do what Rodri does without dropping quality, who in our team can do what Maddison does without dropping quality?

We're talking about City by the way who have the best squad in the world, I don't know how you're meant to improve, unless you think they can just go out and get literal clones of their first 11, your arguments aren't realistic.

Play another player is one of the worst arguments because it a) misses the point and b) doesn't get round the problem of player welfare and c) weakens the teams as well especially when you're playing against other European teams who are going into matches with less fatigue then European teams.

Like what? You expect the clubs at the top to completely rotate their team every 3 days, that's not realistic.

This idea that the top clubs have 22 players who play at the same level is just a fallacy, who in the City team can do what Rodri does without dropping quality, who in our team can do what Maddison does without dropping quality?

We're talking about City by the way who have the best squad in the world, I don't know how you're meant to improve, unless you think they can just go out and get literal clones of their first 11, your arguments aren't realistic.

Play another player is one of the worst arguments because it a) misses the point and b) doesn't get round the problem of player welfare and c) weakens the teams as well especially when you're playing against other European teams who are going into matches with less fatigue then European teams.
I'm well aware that lots of what I say isn't realistic lol

But your argument is to tailor the national game to suit a handful of ridiculously wealthy clubs while impacting the rest of the pyramid negatively.

That's even more unrealistic in my view.

I'm well aware that lots of what I say isn't realistic lol

But your argument is to tailor the national game to suit a handful of ridiculously wealthy clubs while impacting the rest of the pyramid negatively.

That's even more unrealistic in my view.

No like I said the answer is to amend the schedule by giving those team max rest time but the TV broadcasters won't do it because that will sacrifice entertainment.

It's not a hard fix - if every other country can do it then why can't England?

Back
Top Bottom