Come here to laugh at Citeh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

e47bfc0153d9565731cdaabc56c04e47.jpg

This "feels" really important to me.

I think it's deeply worrying that a Football club actively chooses to put out stories like this. They have to be called out.

Let's not ignore that they have been buying up social media accounts for years now, all to influence the narrative.

This is what happens when a State (a dubious one at that) owns a Football Club.

I think it's deeply worrying that a Football club actively chooses to put out stories like this. They have to be called out.

Let's not ignore that they have been buying up social media accounts for years now, all to influence the narrative.

Meh six and half a dozen. LFC have artfully managed the narrative around Hysel and used Hillsborough to erase it. Two murderous wrongs do not make a right.

Not enough is said about their Sportswashing regime but this is what happens when you pay the media off.

Meh six and half a dozen. LFC have artfully managed the narrative around Hysel and used Hillsborough to erase it. Two murderous wrongs do not make a right.
Thats not really the point tho. City are trying to blame Klopp for making City fans chant about those things which is fucking stupid and then implying hes bigoted for pointing out that City is backed by a country.

Not enough is said about their Sportswashing regime but this is what happens when you pay the media off.
From my understanding (from a couple of mates who own a media company) it's not paying off, it's the threat of litigation on anything they might write. It was exactly the same with Chavs under Abramovic.

So, combining the shutting down of a free press with multiple, we are talking about hundreds of, lawsuits and planting tens of thousands of bots and now actively leaking smear stories within the press is deeply concerning (but not the least surprising because this is how Governments work when spinning policies and god knows what else).

Hysel has nothing to do with what City is doing here.
No the point is Liverpool have also done the same. Hence half a dozen and six. City just have bottomless pockets. As Klopp admitted, the way they have cowed any legitimate critical points regarding their fans behaviour leads me to conclude they would be no better. I'd have more sympathy for the complaint from other mouths. They barely acknowledge Hysel and suppress even genuine questions regards their fans conduct.

No the point is Liverpool have also done the same. Hence half a dozen and six. City just have bottomless pockets. As Klopp admitted, the way they have cowed any legitimate critical points regarding their fans behaviour leads me to conclude they would be no better. I'd have more sympathy for the complaint from other mouths. They barely acknowledge Hysel and suppress even genuine questions regards their fans conduct.
But the article isn't about supporters' behaviour it's about clubs influencing the narrative and also doing it in an underhand devious disturbing way by not taking ownership of it as an official position

100% LFC has been woefully silent on Hysel ever since it happened and I think they (in hindsight) missed a massive opportunity not to in some way combine their remembrance of Hillsborough with those that died at Hysel (but I'm sure given the nature in how the Police & Government acted over Hillsborough these past 30 odd years is a massive contributory factor).

But all said and done failing to call out City's involvement in this now, today makes it impossible to call out LFC and Hysel which took place nearly 40yrs ago!!!

Surely given what is known now (about sports washing, improper owners, Oligarchs etc. etc.etc.etc....) that this behaviour has to have a spotlight shone on it today. It has to be called out now for what it is. If having LFC held more accountable for Heysel is your primary concern then that's only ever going to be achieved by dealing with City NOW, not the other way around.

Last edited:
So the press don't go after City's behaviour because they haven't done so for the past 40yrs for LFC's involvement in Heysel?????

What do you suggest be done before "we" the press can call into question City's behaviour with the disinformation they are putting out right now? Just leaving it because LFC doesn't light a candle and hold hands to mark the day of the Heysel stadium disaster each year???

So the press don't go after City's behaviour because they haven't done so for the past 40yrs for LFC's involvement in Heysel?????

What do you suggest be done before "we" the press can call into question City's behaviour with the disinformation they are putting out right now? Just leaving it because LFC doesn't light a candle and hold hands to mark the day of the Heysel stadium disaster each year???
You seem oddly invested in this. Prehaps that's why you seem to be so soundly missing the point. My point remains Liverpool football club not only its supporters HAVE 100% been complicit in the same kind of narrative management around both Hillsborough and Heysel. Your falling into the logical fallacy that two things cannot both be true. They like City are not above this. I as a Spurs fan and a man with extended family in Turin I fucking loath Liverpool, so I don't want to hear complaints of any kind from them. As for the press they can and will do as they choose. Hope that's clear. By the way what press organisation do you represent genuinely intruiged by that "we". Actually I'm not. Forget I asked. Not a fan the press so let's just swerve.

Last edited:
From my understanding (from a couple of mates who own a media company) it's not paying off, it's the threat of litigation on anything they might write. It was exactly the same with Chavs under Abramovic.

So, combining the shutting down of a free press with multiple, we are talking about hundreds of, lawsuits and planting tens of thousands of bots and now actively leaking smear stories within the press is deeply concerning (but not the least surprising because this is how Governments work when spinning policies and god knows what else).
Surely making whatever they write factual is how you end any threat of litigation?

It's about time our journalists got back to doing what they are meant to do, investigate and report facts rather than suppositions, assumptions or outright guesses.
If you are reporting verifiable facts, no amount of threats will stop you. If anything, you can then report further on the tactics employed against you, painting the aggressor in an even worse light.

I dunno, maybe I'm being naive here, but it was always my understanding that the purpose of the free press was to shine a light on the truth, regardless of the pressure put on them to shut up.

They don't seem to have an issue with carrying this out with our own Government, depending on their own political affiliation, but they're terrified of doing the same with a Football Club?

Surely making whatever they write factual is how you end any threat of litigation?

It's about time our journalists got back to doing what they are meant to do, investigate and report facts rather than suppositions, assumptions or outright guesses.
If you are reporting verifiable facts, no amount of threats will stop you. If anything, you can then report further on the tactics employed against you, painting the aggressor in an even worse light.

I dunno, maybe I'm being naive here, but it was always my understanding that the purpose of the free press was to shine a light on the truth, regardless of the pressure put on them to shut up.

They don't seem to have an issue with carrying this out with our own Government, depending on their own political affiliation, but they're terrified of doing the same with a Football Club?
👏👏👏 The idea they are somehow afraid to cross some line because what? Litigation? Didn’t stop the vermin hacking a dead child's mobile.

I not going to pretend I understand how it works but my mate's business (an online multi-regional European News portal) has deliberately decided not to publish PL football club articles because it can't afford to deal with the volume of notices he received based solely on the number he used to receive from just CHELSEA ALONE!!).

It's an actual strategy by these Clubs (the people behind them) to issue writ after writ after writ. There are some agencies like Der Spiegel who have made it their business model for this style of reporting but I'm guessing they have to be highly selective with the stories they chose because they do require a shed load of money to fall back on to handle the legal fallout.

I not going to pretend I understand how it works but my mate's business (an online multi-regional European News portal) has deliberately decided not to publish PL football club articles because it can't afford to deal with the volume of notices he received based solely on the number he used to receive from just CHELSEA ALONE!!).

It's an actual strategy by these Clubs (the people behind them) to issue writ after writ after writ. There are some agencies like Der Spiegel who have made it their business model for this style of reporting but I'm guessing they have to be highly selective with the stories they chose because they do require a shed load of money to fall back on to handle the legal fallout.
But what are the notices? What do they prevent them from doing, or threaten to do?

It goes back to what I wrote previously, if what you write us factual, what fear have you?

If they are writing writ after writ, report it. Shine the light on the tactics.

I admit that my understanding of the legal process is far from expert, but surely only a court of law can enforce a silencing order, and only if there's proof that what is being reported us not the truth?

I honestly thought that our legal system was in place to protect the democratic right of our press to report on anything in the public interest, particularly if those reports are factual, true and ethical? The only reason to fear these writs is if you haven't investigated properly and are reporting something libelous because you haven't got your facts straight. Even then, it seems the press can get away with just about anything if they use words like "alleged."

It's a running joke that today's journalist write their "reports" in the pub after they've indulged in a few pints of "creativity," but surely there are still those who have integrity and will not bow to pressure to shut up in the pursuit of the truth?

Me being naive again, I guess. In this capitalist society we live in, I suppose the vast majority would prefer to write puff pieces or embellished "shock pieces" on celebrities because it pads out the bottom line better, with little risk.

Our journalists used to be World leaders in factual reporting, now it seems they are just PR officials for whoever can potentially make them the most money.

Plus they’ve tied up the PL lawyers in reams of legal angling’s to avoid failing ffp. They are absolute cunts.

Plus they’ve tied up the PL lawyers in reams of legal angling’s to avoid failing ffp. They are absolute cunts.
Not only that but they've somehow managed to get their legal teams to ban every single media agency from reporting on said legal action(s). This was later thought to be embarrassing so they allowed just ONE newspaper into the Courtroom, The Mail. And this is just the preliminaries, to discuss the parameters of the case. Thankfully last summer they lost one of their many appeals to have this case not reported on, however since then there's just tumbleweed.

Not only that but they've somehow managed to get their legal teams to ban every single media agency from reporting on said legal action(s). This was later thought to be embarrassing so they allowed just ONE newspaper into the Courtroom, The Mail. And this is just the preliminaries, to discuss the parameters of the case. Thankfully last summer they lost one of their many appeals to have this case not reported on, however since then there's just tumbleweed.

I mentioned something about it on Twitter back then and got responded to by someone I didn't know that bared all the hallmarks of a Twitter bot. They don't want it talked about at all.

Seeing man city fans say that it is xenophobic because Klopp didn’t mention non Arab billionaires doing bad things.

Apparently Klopp has to work for amnesty international condemning every single thing ever

Back
Top Bottom