"Club Trained" Players/Goalkeepers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This article seems to suggest the Cirkin buy-back has now expired
It's wrong, his buy-back expires 30th June 2024 so we have the start of the window if we wanted to sign him but might be unlikely now given his injury struggles.

Last edited:
Madueke moved to Netherlands too early to count as CT or HG.

Edwards would count as CT.

I quite like CCV as a CB, although I wouldn't describe him as having the speed Ange seems to like - but he did well at Celtic under Ange seeming to be a massive leader and defender, so think he'd be an inspired choice but is naturally right footed although think he has played LCB before. Still only 26.

Dennis Cirkin (LB/LCB) would be another option and is CT - but has missed a lot of games for Sunderland this season with a hamstring, so would need a thorough medical. Thought to have a £6m buy back expiring this June.

Luis Binks (LCB) would be CT, but hasn't been as standout as I expected since he left in 2000 - currently on loan at Coventry - had fantastic Alderweireld long passing ability.

There's actually a few CT players, probably good enough to be squad players atm - for example Milos Veljkovic who has made over 200 appearances for Werder Bremer. Plays CB at club, DM for Serbia.

I'd hope our scouts have looked at all of them.
Miloš Veljković is CT and is decent. Probably better than binks and cheap than ccv

Is he any good?
Yeah looked really good in the games I've seen him play for Sunderland and was very promising for the academy but just seems to get every sort of injury now. Missed games for ankle injuries, concussion, hernia operation etc. in previous seasons and this year he's had hamstring problems so he only started a handful of games and has had to have hamstring surgery (similar to Sess) and been out for months. I think they want to keep him so could pretend we were going to activate it and then use that in a deal to sign Chris Rigg.

Back
Top Bottom