"Club Trained" Players/Goalkeepers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Obviously we have a great 1st choice GK and IMO Forster is a great reserve.
But Fraser is 35 yo and we don't seem to be linked to any other GKs.

DOBAGECONTRACT
NHGVICARIO Guglielmo07/10/1996272028
HGFORSTER Fraser17/03/1988352025
CTAUSTIN Brandon08/01/1999242024
CTWHITEMAN Alfie02/10/1998252025
CTU21Gunter, Luca23/03/2005182025
NHGU21Keeley, Josh17/05/2003202024?
CTU21Maguire, Aaron25/07/2004192024?
CTU21Bloedorn, Carey Brian17/09/2005182024?
CTU21Krasniqi, Elliot26/10/2005182024?
CTU21Archer, Samual20/01/2007162025
CTU21Warren, Charlie24/11/2006172025
Austin and Whiteman have both yet to make their senior debut and I can barely recall watching either of them play.
Gunter, Maguire and Keeley have been rotated in the U21.
Keeley now out on loan and doing well.
I believe Gunter has been training with the first team.
Haven't seen any of the younger ones play.

DOBAGECONTRACT
Austin and Whiteman have both yet to make their senior debut and I can barely recall watching either of them play.

Not quite 100% correct as Alfie Whiteman came on for last 8 mins as a sub for Joe Hart when we played Ludogrets in EL in 2020.

Both Austin and Whiteman have had a couple of loans to clubs outside UK which have been ok and both notched up 20-30 ish first team appearances on those loans, which has 'broken the ice for them' in getting some experience in playing mens football. And both have played a few games in Spurs pre-season.

Neither was loaned out under Poch so were about 20/21 when first loaned, so very limited experience.
Both are club trained players and initially it seemed to be organised that one went on loan whilst the other stayed as 3rd GK taking up a vacant Club trained player place, but hat seems to have broken down and with Whiteman being injured last pre-season Austin has been 3rd GK for 2 if not seasons ......

Both now aged about 25.

Josh Keeley, the next oldest of our younger GK's joined Spurs too late to become Club trained so I doubt he will stay on as 3rd GK. Has looked good good for both Spurs u21's and Irish youth sides and has just gone on loan to Barnet with decent reviews after 2 or 3 matches.

Luke Gunter, at aged 18 has just become Spurs u21 main GK, after doing well at Spurs u18's for about 2 seasons and well regarded in England youth. I imagine we might send him on loan in about a year's time with a view that he might become a Spurs first team GK in a few year's time.

Probably too early to have an informed opinion on the other younger keepers as yet, but nobody seems to be standing out, and Maguire now aged 19 started out as well regarded but seems to have plateaued in the last year or two.

In terms of the older GK's ;

Vicario clearly a fantastic signing. Hopefully stays this good at Spurs for most of next decade

Forster has been a good GK, last England call up only about 18 months ago and did well at end of last season when Lloris went awol. Contract just extended until June 2025. I imagine we might test out the market in summer and/or 12 months time just to avoid the rush in summer 2025.

DOBAGECONTRACT

Just a reminder of one of our 'nearly' GK's, not quite good enough for Spurs

View: https://youtu.be/qWtchbvDM0w

I really hope that we sign a class backup for Vicario, good player but healthy competition is needed.
Look how that turned out for the goons.

I don’t think Austen or Whiteman are going to make it as an adequate no.2. Likely sell /release.

I doubt the younger keepers will be ready to be a no.2 when Forster contract expires so wouldn’t be surprised if we do similar to what we did when we signed Forster ie. another decent but unremarkable HG keeper coming to end of career such as Johnstone and the like

Look how that turned out for the goons.

I don’t think Austen or Whiteman are going to make it as an adequate no.2. Likely sell /release.

I doubt the younger keepers will be ready to be a no.2 when Forster contract expires so wouldn’t be surprised if we do similar to what we did when we signed Forster ie. another decent but unremarkable HG keeper coming to end of career such as Johnstone and the like

You’re probably right based on previous keepers at the club. That being said, having two solid options in case of injury/ suspension is pretty standard.

Thought I would broaden the topic. Our eligible club trained players next season will be:

Lyons-Foster CB
Tanganga CB
Robson MF
Parrott Striker
Skipp MF
Austin GK
Whiteman GK

I believe Keeley GK can be included on List B as he has been with the club 2 years?
If that's correct perhaps Ange will let Whiteman leave. That would leave us the UEFA required 3 GKs and another GK that has at least some senior experience as he is currently on loan at Barnet.
Austin must surely be kept along with Skipp?
As he showed with Lloris, Ange will not let a space go unfilled.
Robson is currently training with the first team. I don't know how good he is or if he would be willing to be just a sub in UEFA games because he is unlikely to get an EPL HG slot.
Tanganga would surely not accept a similar role but perhaps Lyons-Foster would? He seems happy at THFC as an over-age player in the U21s.
I know we have exciting young strikers but Troy has been doing well on loan (7th top striker in Belgium for a mid table side).
He definitely would not accept just playing in Europe but if he impresses in pre-season maybe Ange would include Parrott in the EPL HG squad?

Thought I would broaden the topic. Our eligible club trained players next season will be:

Lyons-Foster CB
Tanganga CB
Robson MF
Parrott Striker
Skipp MF
Austin GK
Whiteman GK

I believe Keeley GK can be included on List B as he has been with the club 2 years?
If that's correct perhaps Ange will let Whiteman leave. That would leave us the UEFA required 3 GKs and another GK that has at least some senior experience as he is currently on loan at Barnet.
Austin must surely be kept along with Skipp?
Robson is currently training with the first team. I don't know how good he is or if he would be willing to be just a sub in UEFA games because he is unlikely to get an EPL HG slot.
Tanganga would surely not accept a similar role but perhaps Lyons-Foster would? He seems happy at THFC as an over-age player in the U21s.
I know we have exciting young strikers but Troy has been doing well on loan (7th top striker in Belgium for a mid table side).
He definitely would not accept just playing in Europe but if he impresses in pre-season maybe Ange would include Parrott in the EPL HG squad?
Keeley can't be on list B because he's been loaned out before he got to 2 years so will count as overseas on List A.
I believe Austin and Lyons-Foster's contracts run out so might be Whiteman staying as backup keeper unless any are extended.
If I had to guess I would say it'll prob be Skipp, Whiteman, Robson and Parrott with Tanganga sold in the summer.

Keeley can't be on list B because he's been loaned out before he got to 2 years so will count as overseas on List A.
I believe Austin and Lyons-Foster's contracts run out so might be Whiteman staying as backup keeper unless any are extended.
If I had to guess I would say it'll prob be Skipp, Whiteman, Robson and Parrott with Tanganga sold in the summer.

I can't see when Ange would ever play Robson - no professional games experience, not even a certain pick for u21's this season etc. Possibly only reason to consider him is his contract expires June 2025.

Given Santiago has been on bench a few times, surely he might be more likely ?

View: https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1646907481568817153?s=20

If we ever wanted/needed a 25th player I suspect he'd use the most appropriate u21 player next season rather than keep on a 4th club trained player just for the sake of it.

I can't see when Ange would ever play Robson - no professional games experience, not even a certain pick for u21's this season etc. Possibly only reason to consider him is his contract expires June 2025.

If we ever wanted/needed a 25th player I suspect he'd use the most appropriate u21 player next season rather than keep on a 4th club trained player just for the sake of it.

His DOB is 15/4/2003 so he is U21 (List B)
Lloris was named in the squad "just in case" and I believe Ange could have 4 CT players in his squad next season.

Not saying we would ever play him or that he would even make a matchday squad, just that I think there will likely be a free spot for him as the 4th CT. Santiago is still u21 next season because he's born after Jan 2003 so can still be on list B.

Seven team officials, one of whom must be a team doctor, and 12 substitute players are allowed to sit on the substitutes’ bench, i.e. a total of 19 persons. The names of all these persons and their functions must be listed on the match sheet.

Whiteman and Austin have been content to not play games so maybe Robson would be happy?
Hopefully, of course, in coming seasons we will have 4+ "genuine" CT players.

No club can have more than 25 players on List A during the season, of whom at least two must be goalkeepers.

As a minimum, eight of those 25 places are reserved exclusively for 'locally trained players' and no club may have more than four 'association-trained players' listed among those eight places.

If a club have fewer than eight locally trained players in their squad, then the maximum number of players on List A is reduced accordingly.

Update:
Our "club trained" players eligible for minimum 4 UEFA slots:

Tanganga CB
Robson MF
Parrott Striker
Skipp MF
Austin GK
Whiteman GK

Likely Ange will let Whiteman leave.
Tanganga would surely not accept a similar role?

Maybe Spurs will buy Kyle Walker Peters as backup fullback and he qualify as CT. Hence no need give the slot to Robson.

Southampton might sell if they not get promoted to EPL next season.

CT Austin
CT Skipp
CT Parrot
CT Kyle Walker Peters

HG Forster
HG Davies
HG Maddison
HG Johnson

Plus 17 NHG for UEFA

For EPL , Sarr can take Parrot's spot for HG. And Solomon will take Sarr spot for non HG and Solomon will only register for EPL and not UEFA.

Maybe Spurs will buy Kyle Walker Peters as backup fullback and he qualify as CT. Hence no need give the slot to Robson.

Southampton might sell if they not get promoted to EPL next season.

CT Austin
CT Skipp
CT Parrot
CT Kyle Walker Peters

HG Forster
HG Davies
HG Maddison
HG Johnson

Plus 17 NHG for UEFA

For EPL , Sarr can take Parrot's spot for HG. And Solomon will take Sarr spot for non HG and Solomon will only register for EPL and not UEFA.
I suggested KWP/Royal swap during the TW.
I am not a huge KWP fan and not sure it would be great for his career to return but the swap makes sense.

Austin goes in the sticks when the attacking players are warming up pre match. He’s absolute cannon fodder

Unsure if he’s told to let every shot go in (and boost their confidence) or whether he’s just got poppadom hands and is really shit

I suggested KWP/Royal swap during the TW.
I am not a huge KWP fan and not sure it would be great for his career to return but the swap makes sense.
Yeah I’m sure Royal is high on their radar of up and coming players (assuming their scouts are both deaf and dumb).

You can’t pull the wool over their eyes nowadays, they have robust data and scouting - the days of lazy wankers like Phil brown, Redknapp etc taking a hand me down are long gone

Yeah I’m sure Royal is high on their radar of up and coming players (assuming their scouts are both deaf and dumb).

You can’t pull the wool over their eyes nowadays, they have robust data and scouting - the days of lazy wankers like Phil brown, Redknapp etc taking a hand me down are long gone
For the record I was not suggesting Southampton would take Royal.
There was a £20m bid for Royal from Al-Nassr and I suggested we could use that money to buy KWP and have change left over. Swapping Royal for KWP.

Austin goes in the sticks when the attacking players are warming up pre match. He’s absolute cannon fodder

Unsure if he’s told to let every shot go in (and boost their confidence) or whether he’s just got poppadom hands and is really shit
He is on the bench for the next 2 months. Let’s hope you are wrong.

Back
Top Bottom