Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's nice that we are still trying but he's not going to sign. The only way for him to guarantee a move to a superclub is by running down his contract, nobody wanted to pay any money for him this summer so why would they come back in at full price?
A super club did not want to sign him this summer which says something.
He specified Real and Barca as his only destinations, would they come and offer him what he wants including a regular first XI which he is now?! He won't get anything near status as he has here, he is not Méssi, Bale, Suaréz, Mbappé , CR7, hazard or a Gréizman. IMO

He specified Real and Barca as his only destinations, would they come and offer him what he wants including a regular first XI which he is now?! He won't get anything near status as he has here, he is not Méssi, Bale, Suaréz, Mbappé , CR7, hazard or a Gréizman. IMO
You've gone acute accent mad there mate. With a strike rate of 1 from 4.

I don't think Eriksen has the kind of ego that would expect a guaranteed first XI spot at such a club. He would believe in his quality and be ready to work hard for a place, as he has done all his career.

Just because a top club didn't want to pay Levy's fee doesn't mean they would turn their nose up at him on a free. Any team would love to have a player as good as him in their squad. Personally I think Tottenham is his ceiling because he is not quite tough enough and not quite consistent enough to be a truly world class player. Nobody in that tier could play so badly in a CL final or disappear for half a season in the league the way he did, but there is room for him at the top clubs. Barca are trying to get rid of Rakitic, Modric is getting old at Real, on a free it's a no-brainer for them. It's not like those teams don't have middling players like Isco or Arthur in their squads. Eriksen is certainly better than them.

No surprise we are still seeing if a contract would persuade him to commit.

He'll be aware that some other clubs are happy to sign him on a pre-contract in January with a view to getting him for free.

Whilst I'm not sure he should expect to be an automatic starter at his next club, he'll also be aware that he needn't be on a 'free' to make him attractive. Indeed if a club is only interested in players on 'a free ' the danger he ends up in a bloated squad with little playing time - for example at Real Madrid his best chance of minutes is if they let the likes of Modric go, but even at age 34 he recently won FIFA World Player of the Year so are Real Madrid going to sell him immediately ? Maybe but maybe not. And if not, with Modric and the rest of their extensive collection of good AM's Eriksen will not be playing much at Real for at least a season or two - and at age 28 that might be a concern that the move kills his career..

I might suggest to Eriksen that if he had a release clause in the contract set at say £50m, well below his real value so no reason why a new club did not pay him a big signing on fee and good wages, that its only the clubs intending to play him regularly that would pay that. Those just wanting squad depth with likely infrequent appearances would not. So a release clause at a reasonable level helps Eriksen's choice of club - it will only dissuade clubs who don't really need him from.

From a Spurs point of view, whilst £50m is nothing like his real (no puns) value to us, it would certainly help to fund another AM coming in to help replace him. Or indeed to help set up some kind of swap with Dybala.

We'lll see. This one could run for some time.

I don't think Eriksen has the kind of ego that would expect a guaranteed first XI spot at such a club. He would believe in his quality and be ready to work hard for a place, as he has done all his career.

Tbh, he's not had to fight for a place since he first broke through for Ajax...

Who knows if it's true and Eriksen would be very stupid to say he definitely won't sign.

It could hinge on the reception he receives from our fans or more likely which clubs have intimated interest.

Not an ideal situation that's for sure and by a long stretch the one that loses and costs the club the most out of he, Alderweireld and Vertonghen as things stand.

Modric wasn’t held in the same breath as those players you mentioned and he won the ballon dor

Little knowledge of football?

You just said Messi wouldn’t look good if Charlie Adam was behind him. So Eriksen only takes shit corners because he’s better than his teammates?

Eriksen plays alongside Kane and Son and Dele every week.....aren’t they all world class too?

Or you mean that he shouldn’t stand out against the likes of Winks? Because Winks is the player who stands out among the two every week.
I said it before but you lot are all about the stats, and nothing else. Take the assists away would you still think he was world class and dictating games?
Like fuck would you. And that just highlights your total foolishness that someone can do nothing for 70 minutes then make an assist and that means he had a good game.

Jog on pal
LOL. So you think Dele is world class? When was the last time he played a good game?

LOL. So you think Dele is world class? When was the last time he played a good game?
No I absolutely do not.....but it’s what people say when I criticise him.
Then when I say Eriksen is poor they say he hasn’t got the quality teammates.

Kane, Son, Moura, Sissoko and Winks regularly outperform Eriksen. It makes no sense to blame the team for his performances.

People blame the central midfield and the full backs.....how come it doesn’t seem to affect others?

No surprise we are still seeing if a contract would persuade him to commit.

He'll be aware that some other clubs are happy to sign him on a pre-contract in January with a view to getting him for free.

Whilst I'm not sure he should expect to be an automatic starter at his next club, he'll also be aware that he needn't be on a 'free' to make him attractive. Indeed if a club is only interested in players on 'a free ' the danger he ends up in a bloated squad with little playing time - for example at Real Madrid his best chance of minutes is if they let the likes of Modric go, but even at age 34 he recently won FIFA World Player of the Year so are Real Madrid going to sell him immediately ? Maybe but maybe not. And if not, with Modric and the rest of their extensive collection of good AM's Eriksen will not be playing much at Real for at least a season or two - and at age 28 that might be a concern that the move kills his career..

I might suggest to Eriksen that if he had a release clause in the contract set at say £50m, well below his real value so no reason why a new club did not pay him a big signing on fee and good wages, that its only the clubs intending to play him regularly that would pay that. Those just wanting squad depth with likely infrequent appearances would not. So a release clause at a reasonable level helps Eriksen's choice of club - it will only dissuade clubs who don't really need him from.

From a Spurs point of view, whilst £50m is nothing like his real (no puns) value to us, it would certainly help to fund another AM coming in to help replace him. Or indeed to help set up some kind of swap with Dybala.

We'lll see. This one could run for some time.

Just read on Facebook that it’s £260 k a week

Unbelievable

If we can't recoup a transfer fee when he leaves he will set this club back many years for it will take about 2-3 transfer windows for Levy to come up with enough funds to buy his replacement.

If we can't recoup a transfer fee when he leaves he will set this club back many years for it will take about 2-3 transfer windows for Levy to come up with enough funds to buy his replacement.
I am quite sure Daniel has an ISA or two stashed away to cover the costs of a replacement. I would imagine he's been making plans since it first became obvious Eriksen wasn't staying and could go for nothing. Never underestimate Mr Levy, do so at your peril
:levystare:

No I absolutely do not.....but it’s what people say when I criticise him.
Then when I say Eriksen is poor they say he hasn’t got the quality teammates.

Kane, Son, Moura, Sissoko and Winks regularly outperform Eriksen. It makes no sense to blame the team for his performances.

People blame the central midfield and the full backs.....how come it doesn’t seem to affect others?
Well guess we will never agree. Thx for the replies.

Just read on Facebook that it’s £260 k a week

Unbelievable

Who knows which is correct.

But its way beyond more than 99.9% of UK population will earn - and even half a years earnings is more than 99% of UK population will earn in a LIFTEIME of working. Or something like that.

So its absolute madness in reality.

Back
Top Bottom