Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surely it is now time to concentrate on the next 3 months and forget about the future. Eriksen, Aurier, Toby, Jan & Rose are all Spurs players, lets stop going on about what will happen in January or next summer and concentrate on this season. If they play well and train well they should play and they all need to perform to attract other clubs if that is what they want to happen. Let Levy and the players decide on contracts and fans on how the play and results are going. We need to improve to be successful this season and can do without further distractions.
There is a transfer thread and lets confine comments on these matters to that thread. I have no faith that my request will be heeded but it is depressing to keep reading the same old stuff.

Of course you are right and generally i'd be keen to do just that.... Today's flurry of activity is just due to the Winks comments posted.

Haha. So you would forfeit a 10-20 million pound sign on bonus to give a billion dollar business a larger transfer fee? After playing for them on 30-40% of your market-value wages for 5 years and giving them incredible success through your performances?

Eriksen has said this isn't over money so I don't know why you are trying to make it out to be. The reason he's been on lower wages than his peers is because he's been refusing to renew his contract for the past 2 years so nice try making him out to be the victim.

Fine if Eriksen had done something scummy or whatnot, but he has always been extremely professional and totally dedicated to the club and the amount of disrespect he gets is quite strange to me. Never complains - always fit.

Being a good boy doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to get a transfer fee out of him. Then again, I guess this is not too much of a priority for Eriksen fanboys.

Eriksen has said this isn't over money so I don't know why you are trying to make it out to be. The reason he's been on lower wages than his peers is because he's been refusing to renew his contract for the past 2 years so nice try making him out to be the victim.

Being a good boy doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to get a transfer fee out of him. Then again, I guess this is not too much of a priority for Eriksen fanboys.

Eriksen fanboy uhm don't get it, sure i am, are u not Bripelli - a fan of Eriksen, he is a Tottenham player, u maybe not a Tottenham fan or what, cause if u are a Tottenham fan, then its very strange u are not a Eriksen fanboy, really does not make any sense in my world.

Eriksen fanboy uhm don't get it, sure i am, are u not Bripelli - a fan of Eriksen, he is a Tottenham player, u maybe not a Tottenham fan or what, cause if u are a Tottenham fan, then its very strange u are not a Eriksen fanboy, really does not make any sense in my world.
Not sure if you understand what is meant by 'a fanboy'. By your logic all the THFC supporters here should be Aurier fanboys.

A "fanboy" is someone that supports a certain player rather than the club; often because of national affiliation.

fanboy
[ˈfanbɔɪ]

NOUN
fanboys (plural noun) · fan-boy (noun) · fan-boys (plural noun)
  1. a male fan, especially one who is obsessive about comics, music, movies, or science fiction.

The negativity is human nature. Logically, we get that it's just a job to him and he wants to get the best deal for him and his future. But being a Spurs supporter has nothing to do with logic and we naturally get upset, annoyed and feel rejected when a player wants to "better" himself.
As Gloria Gaynor said "we will survive"

The difference is we're Spurs fans and we will support Spurs long after Eriksen fucks off whereas you support Eriksen and will become an Espanyol fan when he gets his dream move.

In my world a real FAN is a person who supports the club and its players with unconditional love and support. That said, of course when the team or a player has a bad game, its in my world ok to be critical or stating the obvious. But on this sight i see almost hatred and constant witch hunting on the players. This is not in my world the definition of a fan of the club. Maybe some people have a different definition of a fan than me, but i don't see how constant negativity in any way is good for a player of Tottenham or the club

So 90% of our fans aren’t real because they don’t rate Dier?

The negativity is human nature. Logically, we get that it's just a job to him and he wants to get the best deal for him and his future. But being a Spurs supporter has nothing to do with logic and we naturally get upset, annoyed and feel rejected when a player wants to "better" himself.
As Gloria Gaynor said "we will survive"
Yep, players come and go but THFC will always be here.

Did sweet fuck all in their qualifier against Georgia tonight and was rated a 1 out of 10 by the biggest Danish newspaper.

This is why the big boys didn’t want to buy him. You can’t go to Real/Juve and get away with being a ghost. That CL final performance is still lingering in the memory of the football world.

Back
Top Bottom