Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

he is playing awful, we all know he can't tackle or challenge for headers,
he could take free-kicks but that has gone (does he practices them ?)
he can see that early pass, hat is something that now of the other players can do, so who in this squad replaces him ?
I've got to say when Sissoko gets into the team and is player of the season Eriksen & others must think what am I doing here (I would)

We all know he was going to miss. He came on, did nothing, looked disinterested.

Drop him. With the reserves. With the kids.

He is looking for his move to a big club. See who wants him when his stick has fallen off the cliff. Or he can play he was back in and rediscover some passion.

Cunt does not want to be here, it’s obvious and is clearly affecting morale.

Personally speaking it wouldn't bother me now if he never pulled a shirt on again and left either January or next summer with some of his reputation still intact. We'll have to do without him soon so why not start from today.

It’s time to take a harsh line and just leave him out completely. We have to go cold turkey. It’s embarrassing to see us wheel out a player who doesn’t want to be at this club anymore.

The only players who should be on the grass are the ones that care about Tottenham more than any other team, not people who go to bed at night thinking about Real Madrid.

It’s time to take a harsh line and just leave him out completely. We have to go cold turkey. It’s embarrassing to see us wheel out a player who doesn’t want to be at this club anymore.

The only players who should be on the grass are the ones that care about Tottenham more than any other team, not people who go to bed at night thinking about Real Madrid.
Absolutely.... :thumbup:

It's highly unlikely he'll go anywhere in January, why would anyone pay a fee for him then especially based on current form, when they can sign him on a pre-contract to join for free at the end of the season.

he won't be dropped, even though its clear he's gone.
he will play till January window in the hope somebody buys him on the cheap.

I think he will end up in China, I don't think its a coincidence that all this discontent stirred up when Dembele went for the big bucks

Exiling him now may actually help us in the long run. If he doesn't get any football for 4 months he might be desperate to go and accept a team lower than his original choices. They in turn might want him immediately rather than sitting out another 6 months and give us say £10million for a transfer.

That is very much the best scenario we can hope for.

Klopps Dortmund went through a horrendous season before he left, players of the Aubamayang calibre looking like lazy cunts when they were looking for moves-the inevitable is coming and I think Poch wants it too.
Best Spurs team ever to not win a trophy and its finished.
Always like Eriksen as a player, on form at his best he is world class, at his worst hes weak and ineffective when the chips are down.
Good luck at Athletico.

he won't be dropped, even though its clear he's gone.
he will play till January window in the hope somebody buys him on the cheap.

I think he will end up in China, I don't think its a coincidence that all this discontent stirred up when Dembele went for the big bucks
I wouldn't put the blame squarely on the sale of Moose for our slump. But there were other things that happened around that time that probably played a big factor. One being that it was around that time that Real and United were at their most adamant about signing Poch. If he seriously considered it that would probably have leaked to the squad somehow and some players probably feel like they cannot trust him as much anymore. Why run through walls for a guy that might be looking to jump?

The independent article from late August even said that fairly big parts of the squad expected him to walk this past summer after the final.

Its sad how fast and far he’s fallen. He’s the poster child for what’s gone wrong here.

I don’t think anyone could’ve predicted how fast a lot of our core players have gone to shit.

Eriksen, Jan, Toby, Rose, Dele were key players and fan favorites for a long time.

Just hope we can somehow save Dele.

Boot him out of the fucking club. Sick of him. I still believe in Poch and we need to get this team and club settled. Out with all the players unsure of their futures. Fuck off Alderweireld, Eriksen, Wanyama and whoever else we don't know whether will stay or not. Time for a clean up

You don’t think most of our players dream of playing for RM and wouldn’t swap us for them in a heartbeat?

Aurier has said repeatedly he wanted to leave this summer, and he would have happily gone to a shitter club than Madrid, Alderweireld and Vertonghen have refused to sign contracts as well, nobody is advocating we never play any of them again.

The only ones that have spent most of their young lives dreaming of playing Spurs are the local academy kids, and Poch only plays them under sufferance.

He’d rather pick 30yo donkeys that amble around pointing, because he spent 30m buying them.

Alderweireld and Vertonghen have refused to sign contracts as well,
Vertonghen has not has been offered an extension, as far as I am aware.

It would be interesting to see if the likes of Alderweireld would be prepared to sign a contract extension should Poch leave.

Dier, Rose, Wanyama and Sissoko all have less than 2 years to run on their contracts, so it will probably be very difficult to get much money for them.

Eriksen is unlikely to ever go to Real playing like this and if Poch goes there even less likely as Poch is seeing at first hand the disruption he is causing. If the players are as upset with Eriksen as some of our posters then it is difficult to see a way back and our poor form will continue.

Back
Top Bottom