Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why would he go to Barca if his dream move is to Real?

The fickle hand.

Grand assumption by Eriksen that he would be wanted by Barcelona should that be the case, but running down his contract is entirely feasible.

I guess it's how much we would take between now and the end of summer.

It may well get to that.

Last edited:
we are looking for a flick on at the near post and then into that area, this is a decent plan if pulled off. I am not saying that Eriksens corners are good just that analysis is shit.
Ha ha - that's the latest excuse for poor corners is it? I wish he'd let some of our players know that that is his intention as most of the time it just looks like a sloppy corner in which the defenders can easily head away.

You may be right as it doesn't seem to matter who is taking the corner for us, a lot of the time it fails to beat the first man.

Ha ha - that's the latest excuse for poor corners is it? I wish he'd let some of our players know that that is his intention as most of the time it just looks like a sloppy corner in which the defenders can easily head away.

You may be right as it doesn't seem to matter who is taking the corner for us, a lot of the time it fails to beat the first man.
its been the same for years, we try to hit the first man (should be ours) rather than beating him. Not an excuse just providing colour - as we dont hit him they are still poor just a different kind of poor to what the graphic was showing.

* I read a few forums when bored and pretty much all of them moan about poor corner delivery,

its been the same for years, we try to hit the first man (should be ours) rather than beating him. Not an excuse just providing colour - as we dont hit him they are still poor just a different kind of poor to what the graphic was showing.

* I read a few forums when bored and pretty much all of them moan about poor corner delivery,
So maybe..... Just maybe........ I don't know..... If only there was a manager type person that could see it wasn't working and try a different approach.

So maybe..... Just maybe........ I don't know..... If only there was a manager type person that could see it wasn't working and try a different approach.
we try short corners, we have started to lump it into the back post. None are really convincing.

*again not sticking up for our corner takers, just commenting that the alternatives were equally as shit.

we are looking for a flick on at the near post and then into that area, this is a decent plan if pulled off. I am not saying that Eriksens corners are good just that analysis is shit.

But if he fails to get it over the first man it's a poor corner, meaning 2/3rds of his corners are poor.

I know he tries to just beat the first man but he fails to do so 66% of the time meaning we lose a threat from 2 out of 3 corners taken. That has to change next season regardless of who is taking the corners. Personally I'd prefer some kind of threat from a corner put in the box than no threat at all 66% of the time

I would be sorry to see him play for another team.

A move to a direct competitor aside; meh.

It's no different to any other good player that left..... No-one stays forever.

At this point I don't really care as long as he won't make a transfer within the league and we buy some great midfielders.

Aye... The 'romance' is dead (his comments in the media put paid to that even though they stood to achieve fuck all)...... Just business at this point.

As long as it's not a direct rival - makes no difference to me
As long as the transfer/parting of ways goes down professionaly I have no problem with a player looking for a new challenge. Eriksen seems to have by large played it by the books. Maybe a bit coy in giving his final response to the club on if he wants to stay or leave but he hasn't forced his way out or pulled up sticks.

So yeah, as long as he doesn't go to a direct rival I wish him luck.

CE had a poor season if to be regarded as a quality player and on that evidence he is not good enough for Barca, Real, PSG or even Liverpool, city or manure. Who wants to buy him?!
Levy has the upper hand in case of new contract negotiation and will lower Eriksens's salary haha...

Back
Top Bottom