Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eriksen might harbour a desire to move on but last season was no audition.

In fact he was amongst many who did nothing to add value to their stock, outside of having shorter contracts to contend with having to navigate.

Kinda illustrates the point that running stats aren’t a good indication of a player’s ability and performance. Also most players get injured when turning on the afterburners or getting stuck in. If you do neither of these the chances of picking up an injury are slim

I don't think anyone in the history of football has ever tried to claim there's a correlation between running a lot and being good at football.

The point that those running stats emphasise is that our most creative player (by a fucking mile) Eriksen, also happens to be the player that covers the most ground most games, which kinda illustrates not only is he good at football, he also puts effort in.

What that "kinda" also illustrates is that this notion that Eriksen hasn't been "arsed" to try lately is bollocks.

Eriksen might harbour a desire to move on but last season was no audition.

In fact he was amongst many who did nothing to add value to their stock, outside of having shorter contracts to contend with having to navigate.

Apart from being one of the most creatively productive and high scoring players of his type, yeah, he did fuck all to enhance the notion of him being a very good footballer - and lets face it, there's so many of them...

I don't think anyone in the history of football has ever tried to claim there's a correlation between running a lot and being good at football.

The point that those running stats emphasise is that our most creative player (by a fucking mile) Eriksen, also happens to be the player that covers the most ground most games, which kinda illustrates not only is he good at football, he also puts effort in.

What that "kinda" also illustrates is that this notion that Eriksen hasn't been "arsed" to try lately is bollocks.

That's the point, running stats mean feck all and you're trying to use them to illustrate a point that you say nobody has ever claimed.

A marathon runner can run much further than a sprinter but it doesn't help in the 100m final does it? Nobody is debating ground covered but you can see by the fact Ali and Lamella have also run similar distances in a season all three have been off the boil that it means little.

CE does a very good job of running around but it hasn't been with intent, he runs back with a player mostly staying 2-3 meters away, never putting in a challenge. I expect if you compare his running stats to two season ago they are the same. That season he was immense... again the running stat mean dick all.

And on that note...jog on

That's the point, running stats mean feck all and you're trying to use them to illustrate a point that you say nobody has ever claimed.

A marathon runner can run much further than a sprinter but it doesn't help in the 100m final does it? Nobody is debating ground covered but you can see by the fact Ali and Lamella have also run similar distances in a season all three have been off the boil that it means little.

CE does a very good job of running around but it hasn't been with intent, he runs back with a player mostly staying 2-3 meters away, never putting in a challenge. I expect if you compare his running stats to two season ago they are the same. That season he was immense... again the running stat mean dick all.

And on that note...jog on

His pressing metrics (stats bomb) are better than Sissoko's, and he also tackles at the same rate per game. I bet you think Sissoko is a trojan though, no?

Jogging.

His pressing metrics (stats bomb) are better than Sissoko's, and he also tackles at the same rate per game. I bet you think Sissoko is a trojan though, no?

Jogging.

another reason to ignore stats and you by the sounds of it... This isn't a Sissoko Vs Eriksen debate. Clearly one is a far superior footballer.

Sissoko is a pain to play against, he sticks his leg in, uses his arms and body to muscle in, putting the opposition off. I don't expect CE to do the same as they are totally different players however CE has shown in the past that he is capable of tackling and pressing the opposition with more intent.

If the stats say otherwise they are measuring it incorrectly. If you watch a game you will see him moving back with a player without the intention of tacking. Maybe this still counts as pressing but I would argue this has little impact on the player being pressed.

Enjoy your run. Try the M25... but give it an hour :allitongue:

The fact their fans are lukewarm about hazard makes it unlikely they would spend a huge amount on eriksen
....but didn't 50,000 of them turn up to watch him do some 'keepy-uppy's'? ...either they're ALL tourists (not totally unlikely) or they have a weird interpretation of 'lukewarm'!

... that's one hell of an amount of people to watch what is, essentially a photo shoot!!!

....but didn't 50,000 of them turn up to watch him do some 'keepy-uppy's'? ...either they're ALL tourists (not totally unlikely) or they have a weird interpretation of 'lukewarm'!

... that's one hell of an amount of people to watch what is, essentially a photo shoot!!!

They were all chanting “sign mpabbe” as he did it though

He might have been poor last season, but his productivity was still solid. If he ends up leaving, his "replacement" will be hard pressed to produce similar numbers, at least right away.

Back
Top Bottom