Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly I don't think he's downed tools or anything of the sort. Consider the minutes he's played and the distance he covers every match. I think he's just spent and in need of a rest. Problem is no one can replace him and Dele being out just exacerbates the matter.

Honestly I don't think he's downed tools or anything of the sort. Consider the minutes he's played and the distance he covers every match. I think he's just spent and in need of a rest. Problem is no one can replace him and Dele being out just exacerbates the matter.

Yeah I was saying similar yesterday.

But I really wouldn’t be surprised if he’s carrying an injury that requires injections to get him through games.
Or that’s he’s still carrying an abdominal injury.
I have had an abdominal muscle problem since last May now. It’s an absolute bastard.

I think we see this most seasons with Eriksen in some degree, he's always in the the top 1 or 2 outfield players for minutes played. Him or Kane every season. A lot of games you see the running stats he's often covered the most ground too, and it's not like it's mindless trundling with him either. He's seeing shit loads of ball, making intelligent moves and making shit happen. And this is off the back of a World Cup too and a seeing the most game time last season.

It's also combined lately with a general fatigue I think (no one played more WC minutes than our players), some horrible tactics and selections too.

When we were playing the 4312 with Winks at the hub, it wasn't so bad, there were others to interact with, but this horrible 3412 means we've got two less bodies in midfield/attacking midfield, we have Sissoko in what's left of that midfield, Saturday Sissoko and Wanyama. Hardly conducive to clever football interaction.

We are in a funk. Hopefully this three week break will be good for everyone. Get some rest into legs and minds, get Alli back, and give Poch time to reflect on the this bollocks formation he's adopted recently.

I think Ericksen is missing his foil i.e. Deli. If Eriksen has only got 14 games left for us, I'd like to see them together, and remind him what he'd be missing somewhere else.

Here are some Eriksen stats from when he's started WITH Dele and WITHOUT Dele this season.

Eriksen and Dele combined when starting together in the league - 2018/19
Played: 11
Goals: 6
Assists: 6

When Eriksen has started WITHOUT Dele this season in the league - 2018/19
Played: 10
Goals: 2
Assists: 4

When Dele has started WITHOUT Eriksen this season in the league - 2018/19
Played: 3
Goals: 1
Assists: 0

Interestingly, something I didn't realise when checking stats, Eriksen went through an 11 game spell in the middle of the season where he hit 6 assists and scored 4 goals. Since then we have played 6 games and he has just 1 goal and 1 assist which both came in the same game (Leicester).

That 11th game? Fulham. Which was when Dele got injured, so in those final 6 games, his productivity has gone WAY down without Dele with him.

Last edited:
Went from being afraid he is gone this summer to cant wait until he fucks off to real madrid or wherever because those fans dont take it lightly when their players dont give 100% unlike this fan base who believe he is the messiah who can do no wrong.

Is this cunt capable of hitting a shot with some power any more? Yet another powder puff effort straight at the keeper.
But fuck me, he actually took a good free-kick - now we have to wait only another 3/4 years for the next half-decent effort. When he's off the boil, he really is a passenger.

Must....not.....post..........in..........thread

maxresdefault.jpg

Poch loves to pamper him by leaving him on the pitch for 90 minutes each match and letting him be the set piece taker when it is evident he isnt up for it. No wonder he thinks he can just do fuck all.

He’s looked lost for far too long. While I think he played better today, it’s still not to his standards. If he’s not on his game, it feels like we’re playing with one less player.

I hope he stays and sorts his shit out, but I’m at the point where if he leaves, I won’t be upset.

Despite inventing the game englishmen dont understand football. Why considering the popularity of football and size og country they havent had any success. Just read the comments above.

Out of all the players in our squad he is the most frustrating. Has all the skill in the world but has historically shown that he has purple patches. Of course all players do, but I can’t remember the last game this season that he has took over the game. For me this has been his worst season in a Spurs shirt. He gets involved more than some, but he hasn’t been as influential as he has been and for being the lynchpin, we need him to be more consistent.

Outside his influence, the most frustrating thing about his game is his weakness in challenges. If it is a header or a 50/50 he is losing it 90% of the time. He is so shy and just pulls out of so many challenges that could end up in a break.

Back
Top Bottom