Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

IMO Bale is one of the greatest talents to have ever played for our club. He scored amazing goals for us and I'll never forget how he made an ass of Maicon and Inter. But thats all sadly in the past.

Yet we should never swap in for Eriksen. Considering age, wage and injuries. Ever since selling Bale, Chris has been a great servant, and should be offered a new deal reflecting his ability (not talking about his present drop in form). We'd never find us another no. 10 (dinasour term/role) with his vision and willingness to run a marathon each and every game for the good of the team. He'll get back in form, and all of you will remember how gifted he is. Hopefully it will be at this club we'll see it.

I'd only take Bale, if Real was to offload him because of underperforming and injuries, and would be willing to sell for £10-15m. He could disrupt harmony if his ego is to big.

Bale back to Spurs has to be one of the most cynical ideas or transfer rumors. If it has any truth to it, it almost feels a little insulting like we would just be so enamoured with him that we would happily take their scraps, attitude and injuries with no problems. If it is justba rumor, I think it just demonstrates how little the journos respect us or understand how we have approached the squad.

Bringing him back is a bullshit idea and would frankly piss me off to no end if we actually did it.

Astonished why some fans on here are dead against signing Bale. The guy is a proven world class winner and people don’t want this ? When are people going to realise this Spurs side are nowhere as good as some like to make out. We have proven we don’t have the required mentality or quality to win trophies, so we need a proven winner in this team to combat these issues. I would take Bale back in a heartbeat and he would be the difference between turning Spurs from nearly men into trophy winners. People are forgetting he won Real Madrid the CL last seeaon. So much for an “injury prone has been “ hey.

He's spent over 300 days injured, missing 70 games for RM.

I can see why he's not an attractive option and he's not going to take such a huge pay cut to join us. Nor do I want us giving him 300k+ a week when I'd rather see the money spent retaining Dele, Kane etc.

Has anyone actually seen him play at length lately, a lot of this seems like Romanticism from when we were dogshit and needed him to carry us.

Astonished why some fans on here are dead against signing Bale. The guy is a proven world class winner and people don’t want this ? When are people going to realise this Spurs side are nowhere as good as some like to make out. We have proven we don’t have the required mentality or quality to win trophies, so we need a proven winner in this team to combat these issues. I would take Bale back in a heartbeat and he would be the difference between turning Spurs from nearly men into trophy winners. People are forgetting he won Real Madrid the CL last seeaon. So much for an “injury prone has been “ hey.

He earns 400k a week. It's not realistic, that's twice what Harry Kane earns.

Sat there watching the final with a Liverpool fan at the pub last year, when I saw Bale lining up to come on I said game over mate. He'll make the difference and sure enough he did.

I'm not sure how many players we have or even exist that have that aura about them, that you just know can and will make a difference. Not only the ability to create something out of nothing but to lift the team as they all believe with the extra push they can do it. Worth its weight in gold that.

I've got very mixed feelings about Bale. I think he is more likely to go to someone like United who will pay his wages and exploit the image and commercial rights to claw some of the money back. I see him doing two years over here and they going off to the States or China.

However good, bad or indifferent he is. We can't afford him!

Messi, Ronaldo, Mbappe, Neymar. None of them could come here because we can't afford them. Neither Bale.

Back
Top Bottom