Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How’s a 20 year old with no PL experience and a player in a different position a replacement for Eriksen?
I don't agree with the article's premises either but it's also worth noting Eriksen was a 21-year old with no PL experience when we first signed him

I don't agree with the article's premises either but it's also worth noting Eriksen was a 21-year old with no PL experience when we first signed him
True, but we didn’t really bring him then to fit to a specific system but as a general “playmaker”, if we need someone to replace a player his caliber in a working system he needs to be a lot more experienced and of higher quality.

True, but we didn’t really bring him then to fit to a specific system but as a general “playmaker”, if we need someone to replace a player his caliber in a working system he needs to be a lot more experienced and of higher quality.
Personally I think we brought him in to replace Modric

Some people will never be happy until we win every game with 100% shot conversion, no mistakes and no spells of good play from the opponent.
Sounds fantastic. When is that going to happen? Must be a bit like these leagues where 1 team dominates and wins every year. Utopia of a football fan.
Back to the real world, not in my wildest dreams and do not think anyone on here is that naive.

Did you miss us last season? Three of our players scored double figures for goals. We were clinical. We had the best defence and best attack in the league. Were it not for the Chavs having that early run of excellent form whilst we struggled to manage PL and CL games we’d have been a lot closer to winning the league.

We were not closer to winning the league because we were always playing catch up. The major difference between us and the chavs last season has we had 8 draws they had 3. Best defence and best attack, but dropping points because we were not clinical enough, and missed a player to bring that next layer of quality to unlock the door when it mattered.

Last edited:
We were not closer to winning the league because we were always playing catch up. The major difference between us and the chavs last season has we had 8 draws they had 3. Best defence and best attack, but dropping points because we were not clinical enough, and missed a player to bring that next layer of quality to unlock the door when it mattered.
Bollocks!

How about Chavs not playing in Europe and having hardly any injuries as a consequence and therefore being able to field almost the same side each week, fully rested and prepared for the game ahead. Look at them now, four games into a European campaign and they are struggling with injuries, despite them spending the 3rd highest in the transfer window. Funny, because same thing applied the Leicester the year when they won it.

Glad you’re not our chief scout then.

You must also be very confused when games end 0-0 and players ever miss chances.

“Elementary finish”, “player of his ability” then proceed to say he lacks quality? Make up your mind is he shit or not.

Unfortunately your attitude reminds me of so many “fans” who would sit next to me at the Lane. Impart their knowledge of the game for 85 mins and then fuck off.

Ever see that Pele dummy on the GK and then due to him being a bit shit he misses an open goal. Lacked quality and composure.
Just not clinical enough.

:llorishowudoin:

Pele completed steps 1,2 & 3 without touching the ball, Eriksen couldn't get past step 1 by taking control of it. Comparing one of the greatest players of all time to Christian is futile.

Bollocks!

How about Chavs not playing in Europe and having hardly any injuries as a consequence and therefore being able to field almost the same side each week, fully rested and prepared for the game ahead. Look at them now, four games into a European campaign and they are struggling with injuries, despite them spending the 3rd highest in the transfer window. Funny, because same thing applied the Leicester the year when they won it.

Leics and the chavs often found a way to turn 1 point into 3, we failed the test 8 times, too many for a team with aspirations of winning the title. They also had Mahrez with 18 goals and 16 assists, compare that too expensive misfit Lamela with 5 all season in a dominant team. But hey he works hard running back towards his own goal, that is sure to make the difference. Lol.

Replying to Spurs Ultra's post without the need to repeatedly swear in my reply.
Come on, I promise I won’t use any bad language, what point are you trying to make? Is it merely that we’re not good enough? If so, do you have any suggestions as how to remedy this? Sell certain players, buy certain players? Shout at Deli because he’s missed a few chances? Or are you simply stating that we’re not clinical enough and that’s it?

Come on, I promise I won’t use any bad language, what point are you trying to make? Is it merely that we’re not good enough? If so, do you have any suggestions as how to remedy this? Sell certain players, buy certain players? Shout at Deli because he’s missed a few chances? Or are you simply stating that we’re not clinical enough and that’s it?

We finished first or second in several categories last season, the anomaly being chance conversion where we were listed as 8th. That vindicates my point. I've felt that if we had made better use of the Bale money (only Eriksen has proved good enough) even greater strides would have been made especially under the tutelage of Poch & co.

it would be interesting to see all the premier league clubs purchases over a ten year period and how they all performed
in other words what ratio turned into world class players and/or their mistake rate...(also in relation to prices paid)

Leics and the chavs often found a way to turn 1 point into 3, we failed the test 8 times, too many for a team with aspirations of winning the title. They also had Mahrez with 18 goals and 16 assists, compare that too expensive misfit Lamela with 5 all season in a dominant team. But hey he works hard running back towards his own goal, that is sure to make the difference. Lol.
Fuck me, it’s Lamela’s fault we didn’t win the League hahaha

Back
Top Bottom