Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought he did well defensively tbh, challenged for and won a few headers.

His tackling needs a work when on the back foot but his pressing and harrying is top notch.

He hadn't his worst game in a long time today. Thought he wasn't playing way too far back personally to make an impact.
He wasn’t influential in possession (apart from our best chance) but did you notice he was always in a position to receive a pass? He helped out other players who were under pressure - as always. Not always eye catching I admit.

Last edited:
He wasn’t influential in possession (apart from our best chance) but did you notice he was always in a position to receive a pass? He helped out other players who where under pressure - as always. Not always eye catching I admit.
Sure he was there to receive the passes when other players were under pressure because he was playing basically in the middle of the park, but as a creative playmaker he was lack thereof.

Last edited:
He wasn’t influential in possession (apart from our best chance) but did you notice he was always in a position to receive a pass? He helped out other players who where under pressure - as always. Not always eye catching I admit.
Yes, and no. The problem that I saw regarding Eriksen in this game is that he continually dropped deep to receive a pass and maintain possession safely, but he rarely did anything with it apart from that lovely flick to Dele. Eriksen's vision and forward passing amounted to very little when he was looking at a Mourinho defensive wall. IMO he maintained safe possession backwards at the expense of quick and dangerous flicks or passes inside the box that might have pried them open - at the expense of losing possession - instead giving their defensive wall time to form and anticipate.

Last edited:
Yes, and no. The problem that I saw regarding Eriksen in this game is that he continually dropped deep to receive a pass and maintain possession safely, but he rarely did anything with it apart from that lovely flick to Dele. Eriksen's vision and forward passing amounted to very little when he was looking at a Mourinho defensive wall. IMO he maintained safe possession backwards at the expense of quick and dangerous flicks or passes inside the box that might have pried them open, instead giving their defensive wall time to form and anticipate.

I admitted he wasn’t influential in possession. Just that he was the only outlet. He and Dele went through their repertoire of flicks and tricks but to no avail. Everyone on here blamed Dier for the goal, but it was Vertonghen with his stop start effort to close down Martial who was the real culprit. I’ve read on this forum tonight that this opinion means you know nothing about football. For me it was so obvious - Dier was sold short by Vertonghen switching off. It was a fluky goal, but not Dier’s fault.

And people saying Dele should have gone with his head for that chance are simply blind. Watch it from side on. He had no chance to head that ball - it was miles in front of him.

Last edited:
Eriksen was man marked by Herrera yesterday. Mouriniho tactics, stop Spurs by stopping Eriksen. He was dropping deeper to pull Herrera out of position to create space by the hole Herrera left. Eriksen has dropped deep numerous times before for us and has been highly influential when doing it, and oddly enough taken great plaudits for doing so.

I’ve enjoyed Sissokos performances of late but yesterday could have done with Dembele on instead as he is far better equipped to take advantage of Eriksen being taken out of the game. Notice how we took instant control of midfield when he did come on.

Great goal, a bit like the one away at Citeh last year, very composed and slotted it away. Never in doubt when he was through on the keeper. Quality.

After the first game in Madrid he was like

My name is Christian Eriksen, midfielder of Pochettino's blue and white army, wizard of Denmark, loyal servant to the true emperor, Mauricio Pochettino. Outplayed by a ratfaced croatian goblin shitcunt. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

Today he got it in style

DNlaUuxXUAA7vrF.jpg

:dembelelol: Look at rat boy, left in the wake of greatness.

Back
Top Bottom