Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Feels like Chris has improved his passing but lost his shooting ability

Few times in the last few games he could have assisted more, but has tried for goal himself. Entitled to, but I hope his decision making is improved for when the game is less comfortable

Feels like Chris has improved his passing but lost his shooting ability

Few times in the last few games he could have assisted more, but has tried for goal himself. Entitled to, but I hope his decision making is improved for when the game is less comfortable

Long overdue a free kick as well, just got a feeling he is saving this for when we play the gooners, and Eriksen scores a free kick in the 89th minute to make it 5-0!!!!
:eriksenlol:

Only thing you can level at him is that he doesn't show up enough away from home in the big games. Apart from that, he's everything you would want in a #10.
To be fair, he's not the only one that can be accused of that. He makes us tick, if we put in a bad team performance then it seems he's the favourite for the we need a better player to take us to the next level brigade.

I can be accused at times of being on his case, I freely admit that but there were some interesting and valid points in that article and he does deserve more credit for the way he conducts himself...

He has however been playing for a team knocking on the top spot for the last two seasons, playing most games you would expect him to be towards the top of the chances created table, especially without us having much of a back-up.

For me, a bit better delivery of dead-balls, or leaving them to others and a little more clinical in passing and I would be happy.

Is it that too much to ask? I mean I want the best creative midfielder in the league for 11.5M on 70k a week ;)

It's no coincidence that when Eriksen plays well, spurs play well!

that's kinda because he is the link between midfield and the attack. If the link breaks then the whole thing goes to shite. He occupies that position every game so when he is under par so is the team. If we had someone else doing that role the same would be true. Decent player but his position is one of, if not the most critical of the team. The player in this position has always made the team tick (and many others). It's like when Lamella drops in and plays the role the same is true, if he's on form so is the team. I like the player, get pissed off at times but it's not all down to him, just the importance of that role/position...

Always thought Eriksen gave us a touch of class after we lost Bale and Modric, and before Kane and Dele came on the scene.
He is the kind of player who would really shine if you built the side around him (the thing Spurs used to do when we only had one or two outstanding players). I think Poch is moving Dele into a more attacking role, almost a second striker behind Kane, which means Eriksen might be able to re-occupy his playmaker role. That's where he played on Sunday against Stoke and he was very good.

Massive apologies for posting this vid about bug eyes in Eriksen's thread but there is a reason. The reason I hope becomes obvious as throughout the entire clip it shows that in fact it's Eriksen that's the star, by the end of this year Eriksen would have squashed the bug.

For the record I absolutely fucking hate assist states, as they include miss hit shots, corners, free kicks and whole lotta fluke. Chances created however is a great indication of creative output.

Massive apologies for posting this vid about bug eyes in Eriksen's thread but there is a reason. The reason I hope becomes obvious as throughout the entire clip it shows that in fact it's Eriksen that's the star, by the end of this year Eriksen would have squashed the bug.

For the record I absolutely fucking hate assist states, as they include miss hit shots, corners, free kicks and whole lotta fluke. Chances created however is a great indication of creative output.

In defense of ol' bug eyes, the guy in front of him is Giroud. If he had Kane in front of him and Eriksen was stuck with that male model pretending to be a striker, things might be a bit different.

Back
Top Bottom