Chelsea VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday the 14th of August 2022, 16:30PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We've been outplayed. A draw is great but doesn't tell the whole story. I am happy with the result but not with the team....or Conte

Glad to see someone posting honestly. We can't possibly be satisfied with the performance even though we love the result.
I mean... a draw considering we got pummeled is great but we still got pummeled. There was nothing good that came out of that game.

Got to say this feels great.

Bentancur with the clear foul not given in the build up to our first goal.
Romero with a 100% red card not given before the second.

Fucking great scratchy point!

However - Conte HAS to learn from this. If we start with a midfield 3 we probably win the game. Don't be so stubborn and wed to your system when you have Hobby/Bentancur instead of prime Kante and Matic and Emerson/Sess at wingback.

I know Hobby scored a good goal but you are just giving up the midfield with him in a 2 against a good pressing team.
And better wingbacks should have countered Tuchel's system but ours are not this.

Additionally:
- We need to integrate Bissouma and Perisic asap.
- Richy La has to be nailed on to start in all the big games. His energy and fight gives the other attackers much needed space to work in.
- I think Lenglet will take Davies' spot. We need a bit more quality in there.

Amusing somewhat, but he hardly went missing. He was up against some top centre-backs today, and in a poor team performance had one chance all game, which he missed, before he scored late on. I swear people expect him to be Messi regardless of who we play.
Let me enjoy my shit joke ffs

Hard earned point - albeit with a slice of luck ?

But would certainly have taken that before the game, a draw away at Chelsea is a decent result

After 2 games, 4 points with a goal difference of + 3 currently put us in 4th position.

Next up is home to Wolves next Saturday.

FaI34HaXkAAIjC-

"YOUR WRIST IS WEAK, TOMAS!"

“Get your sweaty hand away from me”

Oh fuck off

It’s Chelsea. They’re scum so we deserved it just for that.

We deserved a draw just for the guts we showed.

Talk our point down again and I’ll do a Conte on you!
No, you’re right. Let’s just allow our happiness to gloss over the fact they sliced through us all game long like we were barely there, and we could barely get out of our half.

I hate those cunts as much as anyone, but we were objectively bad across the pitch today. We showed guts, I’ll give you that.

You can be thrilled with the result and still be realistic.

No, he hasn't - typically.

Been several finals and semi's that he hasn't turned up in.

Today was a huge game in a season that we all have high hopes for.

He was absolutely shit for all of it, apart from the header in the last 2 mins.

I'm grateful for it, but it doesn't change history.

And I was absolutely justified to call him the fuck out in that game.
Ignoring the fact that he's all-time NLD top-scorer, has scored in multiple semifinals, fastest player ever - at the time - to 20 CL goals (incl. against the hardest opponents in the world), and has a bunch of goals against huge sides in the league. You guys seem to define "big games" however you need to in order to make Kane look bad. Are derbies not big games now? Top 6? His all-time favourite opponent is Leicester, ffs, and they've been almost an extra member of the big 6/7 in recent times (I think his second favourite, in terms of goals scored again, is literally Woolwich). The way you guys describe him, you'd expect his favourite opponents to be some perennial bottom-feeder clubs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom