Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur (A) Sat., 22.2.2020 (12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Terrible lineup, Pulis-esque

Prepare yourself to watch the worst football you have seen in your living memory.
Yeah I have to agree , I have defended Jose so far but his decision to drop both son and Kane to park the bus is a fucking joke! I thought the game was about glory! :moursad:

People will criticise Mou and he deserves it, he is the manager, but we were all happy with the team sheet before kick off. The players have to show more, the two goals we gave away today were so easy, to let a tree like Giroud waltz through us is not acceptable.

Line up was more than than good enough to get something from that game.

Sadly, barely any of the players in the line up showed up.

Lamela should have been on at half time.

I don’t think any blame lays with Mourinho. This is the first time he’s taken a job mid season, and he’s lost his 2 top scorers.

We are let down by an owner not willing to buy an actual striker. They are too reactive and not proactive.

We have just been played off the park for the umpteenth time this season (including games we won).

That was an utter disgrace of a performance AGAIN, who else should be criticized other than the Manager who's putting us out like this, the Club cat?

Madness. Absolute madness. HOW MANY MANAGERS OR "HEAD COACHES" DO WE NEED TO GO THROUGH BEFORE YOU REALISE THAT THE PROBLEMS AT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FOOTBALL CLUB AREN'T THE FUCKING MANAGERS OR THE FUCKING TACTICS BUT THE 4FT 9 CUNT LITTLE DICTATOR WANNABE GANGSTER SITTING IN HIS BOOSTER SEAT SO HE CAN SEE OVER THE STAND, RUNNING THE SHOW AND RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS PREMIER LEAGUE CLUB ONLY HAVING ONE MAIN STRIKER FOR THE PAST 6 YEARS!!!

I was Poch out, definitely thought it was the right decision for us at that time. I thought he had become myopic in terms of tactics and had also given up on so much of what had made us great (the press). I applauded him when he was great and criticised him when he got stuff wrong. I’ll do the same of Jose.

That team selection today was wrong and poor. I saw barely anyone picking a side that resembled that in the match thread so please don’t say it wasn’t bad in hindsight to protect Jose. Call it as you see it. It doesn’t mean you hated his appointment, want Poch back or want him gone because you’re critical of him.

We have sat back and defended with what we know to be a porous defence. Crazy.

We have shown 2 decent but not great sides too much respect in terms of playing style. Crazy.

We have played long ball to a striker who is not a striker nor tall. Crazy.

We put Leipzig’s makeshift defence under zero pressure. Crazy.

We let a Chelsea team suffering from confidence issues to dictate the game and gain the confidence that had been missing from their play for weeks. Crazy.

We don’t understand that without a recognised striker, the best way for us to play it to win possession higher up the pitch. Instead we sit back and allows the other team to have the ball. Crazy.

We are suffering because Kane and Son are out. We are suffering because of poor transfer activity from the top of our club. But make no mistake, we are suffering because of Jose.

On a positive note I thought Coco did well when he came on, didn’t give their players time to pick a pass and move it upfield/defend. He gets a lot of stick from us but at least he gives it his all when able.

A few observations:
Some people just accept the defeat bcos we always lose that’s no excuse
He moaned about Davis being injured as if it was key to how we play but his been shite check villa first goal
If we play 3 at the back then we need attacking WBs that should be serge and sess
He instils mo confidence in the players first when Kane was injured he said we have no one to replace him them when Son gets injured we nowvhave no strikers. His duping everyone to think we can’t play any other way but we were crap when son was fit and even when Kane was fitvwe played some shocking stuff check Brighton home game Norwich away.
I don’t think think his really bothered he can’t seem to motivate the players
We should have gone for Carlo or nuno at least we would continue with similar style of play
His style of play won’t change we were pretty much doing the same when son was fit and with Kane we just lumped it and conceded possession.
We have been virtually outplayed in every game and against the big teams we have been so small time instead of being positive.
For what his paid he should be thinking of solutions thinking outside the box rather just give up which basically he has can’t be good for players morale.
If we are going to park the bus at least make sure the players actually bother to defend we just let teams pass the ball around even in our penalty box.
I can see fans not going if we continue to play this style especially against lower teams
His negativity is killing us making everyone think this is all we can do. Defeatist attitude!
We have 8 days for next game what will be the excuse next time if we lose or play badly and mange a scrappy win?
He said wanted time with the players but when his had a week or more to prepare for a game we have been crap.

Being brutally honest - just can't see us winning this.
6-A2951-F6-97-FB-42-C1-948-B-C1-C24-D88-FC98.jpg

Back
Top Bottom