Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur (A) Sat., 22.2.2020 (12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I imagine we’ll now have another round of “who’s to blame for our demise” over the next few days with the inevitable cunt-offs between Levy sympathisers and haters.

Here’s my take.

The Club - Has made mistakes in recent years. Bad recruitment, taking too long to get deals over the line, poor contract management of our players and under-funding have left us in a precarious position squad wise. The lack of a striker low on my list of reasons to be upset. The lack of a credible DCM, a good right back or left back a much bigger problem.

The players - Poor today. Too many seemed apathetic and making silly mistakes. I still believe we have an excellent XI even without Kane and Son and they’re not showing it.

Jose - Really needs to buck his ideas up. Jose has had very simplistic tactics for a number of years; be defensively solid and rely on quality attacking players to get you goals at the other end. He needs to adapt and modernise and quickly. He has been tactically outmanoeuvred by Lampard twice this season, that isn’t good enough. As with any manager, the poor quality football is acceptable when coupled with results. When we are losing and getting played off the park by Leipzig and Chelsea, it isn’t. What frustrates me most is that I believe we have a team who can go toe to toe with both those sides. I’m not saying we are at City or Liverpool’s level - but those 2 we absolutely have the quality to outplay and beat. Jose doesn’t believe that, and I’m finding that infuriating.

I think you are being very naive if you think are squad, in this state, can compete properly with a team like Leipzig. In the Bundesliga we they are one point behind the team that beat us 7-2.

I want the owners gone, I want the supporters to actually stand up and be counted for this club rather than defending a fucking investment company who couldn't give a shit about it.

Increasing prices for this bollocks? We get what we deserve, when will we hold ENIC accountable for the failures?

Let's remember, even if Mourinho is the "dinosaur" people suggest he is, who hired him?
Fans keep excusing levy/owners so no need for them to do anything different. Left us short again in the pitch.

This is going to be a long end to the season, I've always maintained that it was going to be a write-off...it's actually been a fucking miracle that we've challenged for anything.

Bottom line is that we aren’t very good. We haven’t been very good all season. Jose had an odd team selection today for sure, but ultimately the players aren’t good enough. We need a summer to regroup.

5 CBs today (if you count Davies as an aux-CB under Jose).

More Pullis than Pullis.... Yet so easily carved open. Brutal.

Spurs had no option but to play defensively. Mad people think we're gunna go to Stamford Bridge and boss Chelsea and bang in loads of goals when bergwin has been here 2 weeks and moura aren't strikers. Never were. Never will be. Can't hold up the ball, haven't got a natural strikers instinct to save their lives. You're living in a fantasy. It was like watching Sunday league out there today.

We've needed a striker since 2014. Levy is a fucking joke. Disgraced this club. Fuck off and take your Bahamas tax haven shite with ya. Fucking crook.

I imagine we’ll now have another round of “who’s to blame for our demise” over the next few days with the inevitable cunt-offs between Levy sympathisers and haters.

Here’s my take.

The Club - Has made mistakes in recent years. Bad recruitment, taking too long to get deals over the line, poor contract management of our players and under-funding have left us in a precarious position squad wise. The lack of a striker low on my list of reasons to be upset. The lack of a credible DCM, a good right back or left back a much bigger problem.

The players - Poor today. Too many seemed apathetic and making silly mistakes. I still believe we have an excellent XI even without Kane and Son and they’re not showing it.

Jose - Really needs to buck his ideas up. Jose has had very simplistic tactics for a number of years; be defensively solid and rely on quality attacking players to get you goals at the other end. He needs to adapt and modernise and quickly. He has been tactically outmanoeuvred by Lampard twice this season, that isn’t good enough. As with any manager, the poor quality football is acceptable when coupled with results. When we are losing and getting played off the park by Leipzig and Chelsea, it isn’t. What frustrates me most is that I believe we have a team who can go toe to toe with both those sides. I’m not saying we are at City or Liverpool’s level - but those 2 we absolutely have the quality to outplay and beat. Jose doesn’t believe that, and I’m finding that infuriating.

We absolutely have the quality to outplay and beat Leipzig and Chelsea?

I don't think so.

Chelsea are not about the money? Chelsea are Chelsea because of the money. Fuck me mate lol!
Don’t misunderstand mate. What I am saying is Chelsea’s owner is not driven by making money from football. He is a multi billionaire who is happy to run Chelsea at a massive loss. Unlike our owners. There is a big difference.

That’s the impression you’re giving me

Delighted we lost so that you can pursue your anti José agenda

I wouldn’t give a fuck who was manager as long as we didn’t lose to these cunts
We have just been played off the park for the umpteenth time this season (including games we won).

That was an utter disgrace of a performance AGAIN, who else should be criticized other than the Manager who's putting us out like this, the Club cat?

Just so depressing watching how we now set up and play-not only today but all the time since the not so special one arrived.I know we were struggling a bit under Poch but at least we were attempting to play possession based football on the front foot.I don’t really understand what Mourinho is attempting to achieve and not sure the players will buy into it either.
I would also say that sadly In NDombele it appears we have wasted 60 million on an undoubtably skilful player who will never have the physicality or desire to play in the PL.
Will still be at Wolves and Norwich cheering the boys on and will always be 100% behind the team.Just feel a bit flat at present.COYS!!!

Levy is!! Or is there anyone else you want to pull out of your magic hat?

Ok, just making sure you're holding the owners accountable mate, that's all. Because I am seeing people saying how shit Mourinho is but then also defending our owners.

It's ok to think Mourinho is past it and a dinosaur (I don't agree because I think the problem is our transfer strategy, not the managers, but that's besides the point) but for people to say "Mourinho is shit" but then also defend our owners, to me it just seems like a very strange position to have considering they are the ones who hired the manager but yet they are receiving no criticism for his appointment?

I think this appointment will be the first time we see the owners come under pressure if it fails because both sides will be pointing fingers at the owners, the only ones who won't be are the ones who care more about the owners than they do the football club imo.

Tough going today. Make a mistake for their first, very switched off for their 2nd that came from a throw deep inside their half but of course it was a lovely finish on both occasions. I feel for Lucas but let's be honest, we weren't favourites and a draw would have been an excellent result given the circumstances.

If we were 4 points away from Chelsea at this moment but had Sonny or Kane I'd fancy it, as it stands it's very uphill but there's still hope, be it very faint.

Bergwijn struggled today, nothing came off for him and he looked very much like a Dutch player finding his feet at this level. Lo Celso had fight but was probably lucky he didn't get a red, not just for the VAR decision which I think was the right call but the extended leg in first and other niggly ones.

Stockley Park saying that Gio should have had a red a clear 15 minutes or so after the incident is a shambles. On we go but it's clearly going to be tough.

we have two like City and they're both injured... give it a fucking rest

We had Kane, Son AND Llorente last year... Levy was still a cunt. :freund:

In the universally revered, holy year of 16/17... You guessed it...

Levy was still a cunt.

Back
Top Bottom