Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur (A) Sat., 22.2.2020 (12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Got 2 nil chelsea with us doing fuck all attacking wise written all over it. We are bang average at the minute with a superior complex going into every game. Hope I'm proved wrong

In his PL predictions this weekend Charlie Nicholas reckons Spurs were “patting themselves on the back after only losing 1-0 to Leipzig” under the circumstances.
Seriously ?

In his PL predictions this weekend Charlie Nicholas reckons Spurs were “patting themselves on the back after only losing 1-0 to Leipzig” under the circumstances.
Seriously ?

He then goes on to say that we miss Eriksen to link up play, he obviously didn't watch the game at all and is making statements in total ignorance like many pundits.

He then goes on to say that we miss Eriksen to link up play, he obviously didn't watch the game at all and is making statements in total ignorance like many pundits.
Pretty much nailed it there. He very rarely says anything positive about Spurs anyway, bit like Merson.

Last edited:
It’s time to show some brains and balls here.....no matter how much Chelsea have been declining recently we need to fight hard in this one as it’s their biggest game of the season (I’m so glad we can bring so much joy to so many teams🙄) but we need to be smart as well....with absolutely no hold up play up front it’s going to be a case of breaking from midfield, and breaking quickly, do we have the smarts to pick the pass and the smarts to know when to run into space? Time will tell...
This isn’t a game for headless chickens and long balls up top....save energy, let them burn out and run around like mad men and let our pace win the game....

I'm still on Mourinho out, letting go of Rose is a shame.

We need an overhaul, wingback are the most important players in the game, a full back capable of retaining possession will always make the other team wary about putting too many plates forward.

Teams have freedom because no one fear Aurier, no one fear tangaga or Davies.

We need reinforcement, it might not be rose, we could do better getting enda Stevens from Sheffield
Everyone fears Tanganga!!
:tobyarm:

Not sure how much we have worked on it but I'd like to see us try a 352.

We have plenty of centre halves, wing backs and central midfielders to do this . I think it would allow us to defend in a 5 or a 6 if dier plays in midfield and get numbers going forward.

I'd go ...

------------------------------lloris------------------------------

----------------sanchez------toby------Tanganga----------

Aurier------------–-------------------------------sessengon

---------------gedson---------winks----lo celso------------

----‐---------------dele-----------------berjiwijn------------

Lucas looks knackered hence why I'd give him a rest. Loads of defenders there and a midfield that has gedson in it for his ability to get up and down the pitch. Hopefully N'dombele can come on too and make an impact.

Back
Top Bottom