Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur (A) Sat., 22.2.2020 (12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dele Usually loves a game against these, give him a chance to prove some of the doubters wrong and after Jose has been embarrassed already by fat frank outdoing him tactically at the lane I reckon he has something prepared for this, I can see son starting with a cast and even parrot , time To earn your money Jose, and I don’t want to hear “we have no bullets In the gun” although it may be true , in the trenches during world war 2 when you run out of bullets you stabbed a bayonet through the heart of the enemy instead, so come Saturday I wanna see Jose fix bayonets and this spurs team go to war! :tobyarm:

If we play deep and with organisation I can see us winning. Lampard has absolutely no idea how to penetrate a deep block and they lack creativity, Lampard relies on individual quality from his players to make chances, not any specific strategy

Play deep, wind them up, counter attack

not pretty but should be effective, particularly with no Kante to break up play with professional fouls

I don't care if we lose so long as we go down fighting and playing good football.

I don't care if we play worst football I have ever seen in my life as long as we win this game.

Can't understand putting the beauty over result in such clash. Just can't!
Win it somehow. Ok by me if we kick the ball upfield for 92 minutes until we'll knick a goal at 93th to win it 1:0!

Not very confident but fuck it let’s do these cunts. Abraham is back for them it looks like, but Kante out is still massive.

Play our best midfield and we can do this. Also please throw a curve ball Jose by starting Troy :avbpray:

-------------Lloris------------------
Aurier--Sanchez-Toby-Tanganga
--Lo Celso-Winks-Ndombele---
-------------Lamela----------------
--------------Alli-------------------
-------------Bergwijn-------------

Such lineup would give us at least 3 players who did not start the CL game...
REALLY-REALLY hope that Ndombele could start. Also that we'd see Alli at his usual vs Chavs!
It would allow Moura to get some rest and come on with fresh feet against Chelsea backline.

Or if without Alli then maybe

------Lamela------Sessegnon----
-------------Bergwijn-------------

Actually I quite like the look of the latter lineup -
- 4 fresh players
- decent cover on the side for Ndombele on defensive side, as Sess has played some games at fullback
- should be compact in the middle
- have at least 2 no-bullshit-agressive types forward in Lamela and Bergwijn

Some part of me dreams of lineup

------Lamela------Bergwijn----
-------------Parrott-------------

But it is so very unlikely.

Anyway we'll line up, I hope Jose does what Jose does best and squeezes out a result for us.
I'd be over the moon to go above them in current situation... playing away... with key players out...after midweek game when they have had rest...

COYS!!!

I'm still on Mourinho out, letting go of Rose is a shame.

We need an overhaul, wingback are the most important players in the game, a full back capable of retaining possession will always make the other team wary about putting too many plates forward.

Teams have freedom because no one fear Aurier, no one fear tangaga or Davies.

We need reinforcement, it might not be rose, we could do better getting enda Stevens from Sheffield

I'm still on Mourinho out, letting go of Rose is a shame.

We need an overhaul, wingback are the most important players in the game, a full back capable of retaining possession will always make the other team wary about putting too many plates forward.

Teams have freedom because no one fear Aurier, no one fear tangaga or Davies.

We need reinforcement, it might not be rose, we could do better getting enda Stevens from Sheffield

Rose is finished, totally washed up. He hasn't had a good game for years, forget about him. He will never play for us again.

Rose has clearly fallen out of love with football. Good servant to us and will always appreciate him to some degree. But I wouldn't be surprised if he retires early. He wants to be up north so must have enough money already to buy whatever he wants in Leeds... and then some.

Rose has clearly fallen out of love with football. Good servant to us and will always appreciate him to some degree. But I wouldn't be surprised if he retires early. He wants to be up north so must have enough money already to buy whatever he wants in Leeds... and then some.

Enough money to buy all of Leeds. 3rd world mate (not really I love it up there)

Back
Top Bottom