Chelsea v. Tottenham Hotspur 01/04/2018 @ 16:00 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bit of German banter...

"The guy at the bottom left with the coffee mug never loved football."

I see the new breed of Chelsea hardcore fan is blending in beautifully with the old guard

06_D0450_E_005_A_4_A4_B_99_F7_CC7_F282_E6652.jpg

Sonny got rightly berated by both Eriksen and Lamela for not squaring it. Good job Ali burried it or I would've been really pissed off as was golden chance. Hopefully a lesson learned...

I thought that at first but looking at the replays I can understand why he went for goal. In Son's shoes, he knows the goalkeeper is behind him, so as a goalscorer he knows he should shoot at goal before the goalkeeper recovers as the goal is open. It was a defender who got a block in to stop that shot but another day it would have gone in the back of the net. In slow motion replays the pass is the better option because of how open Lamela is, but in the heat of the moment, from Son's point of view I can't really fault him for taking the shot.

I find it so odd that both players' first instinct was too shout at Son. I get why they did, of course, I just find it so odd when a goal is scored and players don't immediately lose their shit like us supporters (especially after a mass scramble in a derby!). They're just so cool-headed and business-like. Even at the final whistle of all these fantastic wins this season: calm satisfaction. It's quite amazing to me.

I find it so odd that both players' first instinct was too shout at Son. I get why they did, of course, I just find it so odd when a goal is scored and players don't immediately lose their shit like us supporters (especially after a mass scramble in a derby!). They're just so cool-headed and business-like. Even at the final whistle of all these fantastic wins this season: calm satisfaction. It's quite amazing to me.

It’s a mentality installed into them by the gaffer.

Dele can also be a cunt. So can Vertoghen and Dier, Dembele. That's exactly what we lacked for a quarter of a century, we were too fucking nice, expecting the same from the opposition. Chelsea can't complain when we give it out after years of taking it. Fuck Chelsea, that's what I say. All the above players are nothing less than heroes to me and Chelsea deserve every foot left in that they get.

As mentioned earlier, I was working through the game so have just finished it on catch up.

Bloody hell. 28 years ago I was two. Suffice to say, I've never known us win there. I thought that Spurs had given me enough new experiences this year (Madrid, Pool, Wembley as a whole) but here we are. What a fucking football club.

So, so proud. COYS.

It’s a mentality installed into them by the gaffer.
That, and the fact that if it hadn't fallen to Dele, and he hadn't tucked it away - Chelsea just needed to bag an equalizer and we'd all be royally fucked off with Son.

All ifs and buts, I know, but it's these fine margins that could be the difference between CL footy or no CL footy.

Very much a team of true winners, always aiming for more. What a team ...

Dele can also be a cunt. So can Vertoghen and Dier, Dembele. That's exactly what we lacked for a quarter of a century, we were too fucking nice, expecting the same from the opposition. Chelsea can't complain when we give it out after years of taking it. Fuck Chelsea, that's what I say. All the above players are nothing less than heroes to me and Chelsea deserve every foot left in that they get.
Fuck. Ben can be a right proper savage when he wants to be (See him bullying Sanchez at Wembley vs United). We have a squad were almost every player can turn into bastards

Back
Top Bottom