Chelsea v. Tottenham Hotspur 01/04/2018 @ 16:00 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

HOLD ME BACK WINSTON.

DZt3NmmXUAAUVRC.jpg
DZt3NmmXUAAUVRC.jpg

Ok, think I’ve finally calmed down enough to reflect on that game.

Fucking loved it. I dislike Liverpool, and Woolwich is a given, but there really is no team in football I detest more than Chelsea. The Stamford Bridge hoodoo has hung over us for so long, but we’ve finally put it to rest.

What makes it even more impressive is the manner in which we did it, and the importance of the occasion for finishing in the top four. A goal down at a point when I’d say we were giving it a good go, but that wonder strike from Eriksen completely shifted momentum. We came out fighting in the second half (almost literally in the case of Lamela and Vertonghen), and fully deserved to win. Such a mature performance compared to the ‘battle of the Bridge’.

The Dele we know and love showed up in the second half. If I’m honest, I thought he was having a bit of a poor game in that first 45 minutes, but he reminded the world what he’s capable of...at just 21.

His first goal gets better every time I see it. Shades of Bergkamp. A phenomenal first touch and finish, and a sublime pass from Dier. Good to see their bromance is still going well. Dele’s second was genius in its own way, but clearly less spectacular. His first touch effectively blocked two defenders and the keeper, allowing him to slot it home with his left. Both goals support my belief that Dele is at his best when he’s forced to be instinctive.

Should do wonders for us in the cup too. If and when we beat United I really don’t see our players having any fear against Chelsea.

What a great day. In the driving seat for at least third place, Chelsea pretty much out of the running, Woolwich an afterthought, Dele back, Kane back, and plenty of miserable Chelsea scum crying as they comfort eating Easter eggs. A fitting day for this to happen, considering eggs are the result of chickens being fucked by cockerels.

Back
Top Bottom