Chelsea v. Tottenham Hotspur 01/04/2018 @ 16:00 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know our record away in this sort of game is poor, but I also feel that we may be stronger now. Having said that, Kane will be a big miss, and Alli and Son will have to play really well. I'm sticking to my above prediction regardless!

No reason to be shitting it.

We usually do badly there. I’ve been supporting Spurs for 28 years and have never experienced a league win there. It’s a free punch in my book, and this season we have a strong arm.

As always with this particular fixture, I’ll be happy with a point. I think we can beat them, but until it actually happens it will continue to be our fixture Kryptonite.

i had a feeling it was your fault

2-1 Spurs, Son last minute winner as the chavs go for the win and we steam forward on the counter attack.
I was thinking in similar that we hit them with hard pressed first 15 min or so of each half and see how they react on their traveled legs from the intl break

So our players Lloris, Trippier, Davies, Rose, vertonghen, Alderweireld, Eriksen, Alli, Son, Dembele, Dier, will all be fresh then?
I bet sum of ours is less than sum of their traveled miles from this into break but I 'll let you plug all the mileage and let me know if you are right or I am right.

I'd take the win all day long. Puts us 8 points ahead of them.
This, the only draw I’ll be happy with is us scoring an 85th + minute equaliser or coming back from 2 or 3-0.

I want to win this game, I’m fucking sick to death of Chelsea. I want to go 8pts ahead of them, and then beat them in the cup final.

Sick of showing up, putting in a half decent shift that in all reality could see us draw or win, but somehow they’ve stuck 5 goals past us.
It’s got to end. They really aren’t that good.

We’re fitter than them.....they are sliding down the table. It’s all catching up on them.
We thought that last time and yet they managed to wring out that annoying performance. That was the season they worked to rule to get Maureen sacked wasn't it? They seem to be on a similar mission with Conte.
It gone deja vu all over again

We’re fitter than them.....they are sliding down the table. It’s all catching up on them.
I, like many others, STILL can't entertain the notion that we're ANYTHING OTHER than massive underdogs going into this fixture... we ALWAYS are... and even when we're not, we find a way to spontaneously combust in this one...
But we've broken hoodoos before... and we can again... law of averages has to come into it at some point!

...it's 29 years since we won there... how about we SUMMON THE SPIRIT OF HOWELLSEY and don't let it get to 30?

Every (under)dog has their day!!

Still think having no Kane can be used to our advantage. As strange as it sounds. I feel its easier against a bigger club in the sense that they can't train specifically for our attack because it'll be so fluid and continously changing that if we play to our true potential,, it'd be a nightmare for them and because it's such a big game for Chelsea, they aren't going to sit back.

If they are, their game plan is all wrong.

A draw makes us massive favourites for top 4, a win makes it almost certain and a loss leaves it still in our hands. Great position for us to be in, all the pressure is on them.

Completely right.

I want us to be looking at 2nd and to do that this would be a game we need to avoid losing.

Hazard and Willian are the key for them I feel and both seem to like playing us and Hazard in particulat seems to revel in the rivalry unlike any other club he plays against. Very much like Salah some might say.

Chelsea are definitely our biggest nemesis in terms of on the pitch rivalry. No doubt at all

Last edited:
Just on the IDEA LEVEL (do not expect it to actually happen), what if we want to surprise the fookers and want to neutralize their dynamic frontline with -

--------------Lloris--------------
---Sanchez--Foyth--Jan----
-Tripps----------------Davies-
-------Dier-----Dembele------
---------Eriksen----Alli---------
--------------Sonny-------------

I mean I am just bit concerned about them playing small and quick frontline in form of Willian (who is burning hot right now), Hazard and Pedro. We have not done too well at times against players that are short, fast and technical. Would be more comfortable with either Morata or Giroud - Sanchez and Jan could take care of them. Also their midfield is not the slowest, and quite surprisingly Kante has become quite dangerous player. Seems to be one of the few who cares and plays with full focus. Have seen him carrying the ball up, speeding up the tempo and even giving assists.

Anyways on IDEA LEVEL would you guys believe it might work? To stop their faster players. At the same time we could hit them with their own weapon on top... ofc not having Kane who would occupy CBs and take the ball down it might questionable how to retain the ball upfield.

Back
Top Bottom