Chelsea this Thursday

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am much more nervous about this game now than I was a few weeks ago...I think that's a good thing though. No complacency.

If Bale and Lennon are both ruled out I'm going to throw a name in there...Andros Townsend. Imagine if he came in and scored on his premier league debut...that'd never happen against a big London rival would it?????

Praying King comes through OK, don't care who partners him...they might as well be sat with me at the back of the Park Lane upper.

A variation on a previous post as well - Walker RM, Kaboul RB. Just a thought. Though Niko did a pretty good job on the right before his injury and he'd get my vote if everyone else is fit (bar Lennon).

Hope Terry and Luiz are available...Ade will rape them. Literally.

I am pumped for this. It's like April 2010 all over again.

Dru said:
Sturridge plays on the right though doesnt he?

mata will drift all over the place.

The big call will be what to do if Bale is out - stick Modders there and keep Sandro/Parker in the middle or keep Modders where he is best and risk Rose LW and Rafa right?

Either way, Rafa and Modric really dont like playing on the wings

yeah, Sturridge play on the right and Mata is a little like their version of vdV. Is meant to stay in one position but drifts, although he doesn't drift into the sweeper role!!

I say, Modric and vdV are two of our best players so play them in their preferred positions. By playing Modric on the left we're not only losing his central ability but also playing someone with no pace on the wing so we're worse off in two positions. Having said that, going back to my original point, vdV must play either behind a front 2 or on the right of midfield. Potentially we could really go for it and play 433

This game is gonna be epic.

Thursday night.
Fucking cold - lots of beer will be drunk.
Under the lights, awesome atmopshere.
Xmas around the corner.
London Derby
A chance to gang rape on of our close rivals.

MASSIVE GAME

[formation=4-4-2 GK=USA D=BAE King Gallas Walker DM= M=Bale Modric Parker vdV AM= S=Adebayor Defoe][/formation]

This is the lineup I expect to see Thursday. Get after them right from the start. Sandro deserves to play at some point and will wreak fucking havoc.

Friedel, Kaboul, Gallas, King, BAE, Walker, Sandro, Parker, Modric, VDV and Ade.

Kaboul has shown he can play right back, and he'd be perfect for covering Mata/Sturridge in a wide area. If Bale is fit, bring him in for Gallas and switch to normal. Bale against Bosingwa will be a non-contest.

Chelsea ain't winning on Thursday. Don't give a fuck about who we've got out injured, under the lights, fans will be up for it. We have enough within our squad to cover for injuries (until January obvs).

WilsonJet said:
[formation=4-4-2 GK=USA D=BAE King Gallas Walker DM= M=Bale Modric Parker vdV AM= S=Adebayor Defoe][/formation]

This is the lineup I expect to see Thursday. Get after them right from the start. Sandro deserves to play at some point and will wreak fucking havoc.

Agreed. I would be pretty pissed off if I put in a performance like he did on Sunday and didn't get to play in the next game. Maybe Harry should just tell Parker to go mental and go all out for 60-70 minutes, then bring on Sandro... depending on the score line obviously.

If we don't have Bale though... fuck it we will have Bale! it's only a sprained ankle ffs.

If King isn't available I think we should look into 4-3-3, like Windy says...

I hate not having my favorite player Bennie not in the team but I feel like we can attack and defend really well in this crazy formation.If Bale is still out then insert Bennie. Against teams like Chelsea,citeh,united,Woolwich i feel we need to have take advantage of our midfield situation to defend and then attack

[formation=5-3-2 GK=Friedel D=Gallas King Kaboul DM=Bale - - - Walker M=Parker Modric AM=VDV S=Defoe Adebayor][/formation]

spurstakesbySH said:
I hate not having my favorite player Bennie not in the team but I feel like we can attack and defend really well in this crazy formation.If Bale is still out then insert Bennie. Against teams like Chelsea,citeh,united,a***nal i feel we need to have take advantage of our midfield situation to defend and then attack

[formation=5-3-2 GK=Friedel D=Gallas King Kaboul DM=Bale - - - Walker M=Parker Modric AM=VDV S=Defoe Adebayor][/formation]

It looks spafftastic but for some reason it also looks a bit open. There would be A LOT of pressure for Parker..

spurstakesbySH said:
I hate not having my favorite player Bennie not in the team but I feel like we can attack and defend really well in this crazy formation.If Bale is still out then insert Bennie. Against teams like Chelsea,citeh,united,a***nal i feel we need to have take advantage of our midfield situation to defend and then attack

With that formation you would need to drop Defoe/Rafa and play Sandro otherwise we will get overrun in midfield.

mdiver said:
We are gonna fucking reem em
Not without King, Bale, Lennon, and Defoe. They still have a too much in reserve.

Shame really, as our first XI woud actually cane them.

Back
Top Bottom