Champions League Group Stages draw! Thursday 25th of August! Spurs in Pot 2

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just hope Qarabaq, Maccabi, and Trabzon don't make it through. Fuck having to travel more than 2 hours for a CL match.
Oh fuck off Maccabi. No, I'm not antisemite (I'm Jewish myself), it's just so fucking far away to go for a CL group match. And someone please explain to me again why Israel is in all European competitions when it's in fucking Asia ffs.

Would love:

AC Milan. Big club, lovely stadium and what being in the Champions League is all about. Plus a bit of history with Conte being ex-Inter manager.

Red Bull Salzburg. Lovely place is Austria. Look to play football so should be a good game. Plus, they're arguably the easiest team in the group based on the league they play in and the teams in the pot.

Copenhagen. A bit like above. Would be a nice away trip. Not too far on the legs to travel.
We're trying to win a football competition, not going on a fucking sightseeing tour of Europe.

I'm super excited for this. I'm down for us to play anyone* as it will be great for the club overall no matter what. Would love to draw Barca, RM, PSG, Inter, etc. A deep run would be nice, but seeing your team play matches against the top sides makes the most special moments which are what this game is all about!

*The only club I'd rather not face is Bayern as they just don't have much competition domestically and always seem ready to play their very best, fully rested squad in CL play. We also played them recently too and did poorly :/

In the CL I've seen us play Inter, AC Milan, Juventus, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Dortmund, Leipzig, PSV and Ajax so in big European team bingo I'm missing Napoli, Roma, Atletico, PSG and maybe the Portuguese teams to fill the card.

PSG probably biggest team I haven't seen so to get them in the group stage would be good. Not going to be many more chances to see Messi even though he isn't what he was.

In the CL I've seen us play Inter, AC Milan, Juventus, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Dortmund, Leipzig, PSV and Ajax so in big European team bingo I'm missing Napoli, Roma, Atletico, PSG and maybe the Portuguese teams to fill the card.

PSG probably biggest team I haven't seen so to get them in the group stage would be good. Not going to be many more chances to see Messi even though he isn't what he was.
Last time we played against Messi he absolutely molested us, fucking us up the arse without any lube. I know he's a bit older now but nah mate.

Oh fuck off Maccabi. No, I'm not antisemite (I'm Jewish myself), it's just so fucking far away to go for a CL group match. And someone please explain to me again why Israel is in all European competitions when it's in fucking Asia ffs.
Umm

Because Israeli players can't enter a substantial amount of countries in Asia?
Why is Kazakhstan part of UEFA? Or Armenia\Georgia\Azerbaijan? Greenland? flight to Greenland is the same distance as Tel Aviv and it's another continent.

What exactly is Europe here? is UK post-Brexit part of Europe?

stop with the nonsense

Milan, sporting and Celtic for me

Milan because I love san siro (although old now) and I think we’d beat them

Sporting as I’ve never been to their ground

Celtic because my family are mainly Scots and Celtic fans

When Israel was still in the Asian Football Confederation they e.g. won the 1958 World Cup qualifying stage without playing a game as muslim states rejected to play against them. In the Asian Cup hostes by Israel 11 team did not participate. That all started the process. There really is no other option even today - would not be safe.

Edit: Draw is on Thursday circa 17:00

We're in pot 2.

This is a fun simulator if you have spare time!

What's your dream draw - Few places to still be decided this week

`POT 1

POT 2

POT 3

POT 3 OR 4

POT 4 CONFIRMED

For me, I'd love Porto, Salzburg and Brugge
Bumping the draw time for those with a poor......errr....what is it...memory..yeah!
Edit as per JD's next post

Last edited:
I think avoiding Celtic and Rangers (if they qualify) in pot 4 is essential.

Huge banana skins, massive crowds hostile atmosphere, point to prove, chip on the shoulder, battered mars bars in the mouth. no thanks

give me a Plzen,Brugges, Kobenhavn, Zagreb please!
The clamour to draw these scots clubs is not one I can engage with

It’s got trouble written all over it

Back
Top Bottom