Carlos Queiroz keen on Spurs job

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

IF THEY IS A GOD UP THERE. PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS DOESNT HAPPEN!

Former Manchester United assistant boss Carlos Queiroz says he is interested in becoming the next manager of Tottenham.
The Premier League club are looking for a new man at the top following Monday's sacking of Andre Villas-Boas.
Fellow Portuguese Queiroz, 60, is now in charge of Iran, who have qualified for next year's World Cup in Brazil.
Asked whether he was interested in the Spurs job, he said: "Absolutely. Tottenham is a club I really appreciate a lot and I have great admiration."
In an interview with BBC World Football, Queiroz revealed he had had "some private connections in the past" with Spurs owner Daniel Levy.

I remember he did pretty well with the South African team when he was in charge but that was over 10 years ago. Can't say I followed him much after he left but at least he has some experience.

why? getting rid of one portugese donkey and bringing in another doesn't make sence to me
Levy would have to be high on crack to bring in Queiroz, not worried about this rumour

Who do you think we are going to get?

We aren't that great a prospect imo, we won't pay high compensation figures - so we are looking at someone out of a job........anyone out of a job has probably just failed elsewhere

We aren't that great a prospect imo, we won't pay high compensation figures - so we are looking at someone out of a job........anyone out of a job has probably just failed elsewhere
Maybe we won't get a great prospect or a well established coach in the end, but i believe we can do better than Queiroz

Levy has given up and wants to take the rest of the league with him ;)

licorne.jpg

so you believe we cant attract anyone to the club better than carlos?
we had a net spend of like 4 mill in the summer, surely we have funds to buy a managers contract out like laudrup, Pinocchio or de boer. man I would rather have Holloway than queiroz

We are a fantastic prospect, and we always pay compensation - Redknapp was £5,000,000 wasnt he? With Ramos it was a lot as well. We also give good contracts to managers, regularly among the best paid around.

so you believe we cant attract anyone to the club better than carlos?
we had a net spend of like 4 mill in the summer, surely we have funds to buy a managers contract out like laudrup, Pinocchio or de boer. man I would rather have Holloway than queiroz

We've just spent that £4m sacking Villas Boas

Not sure who we can get to be honest, the press seem to think it will be Sherwood or Hoddle - is Queiroz less qualified to be Head Coach than them?

Horrible manager and a bitter cunt, as he's shown since he was sacked as Portugal coach. Last week he was having a go at Ronaldo for not performing to his standards in a game that happened 3 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom