Carabao Cup

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was looking at the results from the first round last night and was amazed to see Barrow there. I remember them being replaced by Hereford in 1972 after the latter's FA Cup triumph over Newcastle (and Barrow having a speedway track around the pitch) - back then teams voted on whether a team should be admitted to the Football League, it wasn't automatic.

So I looked it up and saw that they had made it back 48 years later in 2020, completely missed that. Brilliant, I love stories like this (like Luton's), imagine being a Barrow fan, how excited you must have been to see them back among the 92.

Shame they didn't beat Bolton, would have been nice to play them
Been there twice with my old club, KIngstonian. The second time they had just been. taken over by local businessmen as their owner was Curtis Warren the scouse drug lord and had just been nicked.
Land that time forgot.

Back
Top Bottom