Carabao Cup

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We conceded 3 goals in 10 minutes and all 4 were defence errors, as usual.
Not sure why do many people are pumped about a drubbing.

From last night, the only positive was Bissouma playing like the Bissouma I thought we'd signed

Because most of us watched the first 75 minutes you fucking clown.

We were out on our feet the last 10/15 mins (this was a deliberate choice by Ange to build fitness).

Use your brains or stop trolling.

Also...only positive?? Sanchez did well. Skipp and Lo Celso both played very well.

Next time, watch with your eyes open.

I hope we take it seriously this year, it's not the biggest trophy but it would be nice to have some silverware to kick off Ange's reign.

From last night, the only positive was Bissouma playing like the Bissouma I thought we'd signed
A drubbing? With our mostly 2nd string, It was 2-2 at 89:56.

Come on man. Find some happy pills or something to fix the endless misery.

Feel like asking for the disagree button back - the thing that excites about last night was that against a technically brilliant strong Barca team that moves the ball so well and quickly after a suspect 5 minutes our B team dominated for a good hour / they made 10 changes we didn’t make a change until the 72nd minute and then brought fringe players on - it was a pre season friendly and the main intention of getting minutes into legs - main mission accomplished - that was not a drubbing my any stretch of the imagination - you only had to look at xavi at full time to see what a performance we put in

The prem is looking so strong this year top 5 will be a big ask but we are shaping up to be an exciting team bring it on

Seeing games out is as, if not more important than playing well for a spell and getting nothing.
Our team has proven mentally weak for years. What would make me happy is seeing signs of that being beaten out of them.
It went to 2-2 yesterday and the food gates opened. Every one of them lost concentration and composure. 5-10 more minutes and it would have been 6+

Are you trolling? That was the B team's first full 90 minutes against the Spanish Champions and it was a draw in the 90th minute.

Bore off.

I was looking at the results from the first round last night and was amazed to see Barrow there. I remember them being replaced by Hereford in 1972 after the latter's FA Cup triumph over Newcastle (and Barrow having a speedway track around the pitch) - back then teams voted on whether a team should be admitted to the Football League, it wasn't automatic.

So I looked it up and saw that they had made it back 48 years later in 2020, completely missed that. Brilliant, I love stories like this (like Luton's), imagine being a Barrow fan, how excited you must have been to see them back among the 92.

Shame they didn't beat Bolton, would have been nice to play them

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom