Capital One Cup SEMI-FINAL vs. Sheffield United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I understand that Ade is probably everyone's least favorite player right now, but this is getting ridiculous. There is no reason for this much out and out hate for someone who will be out there leading the line and trying to score goals for Spurs. The team needs and supports Adebayor tonight. Grow up and get behind the team.

C4J04Oj.png

Poor display. Not any excuse for such low tempo in such a big game. Always 1 too many touches. Always sideways. Our Central Midfield was a huge problem.

Kane looking more and more like a form player. That's a few sub standard performances now from him. However, nothing positive to say about anyone else either. Just half arsed.

Won't go through now. No one to blame but those who are paid to do far far better.
Really? Seriously? Kane didn't score tonight and that suddenly makes him a form player?

Seriously?

Blades fan here.

Just a heads up that there is an announcement on our website that any Spurs fans who have bought tickets in the home section can contact the ticket office who will swap these for the away end in seats previously allocated for segregation. This is a win win as you guys can sit with yours and we can sell more tickets because as of earlier today it is now a complete sell out.

Should be a cracking occasion.

It makes total sense to me to allow Vorm to "get straight back on the horse" rather than letting that mistake linger. Say he plays a blinder against Sheff U (like he had done against Leicester for 89 minutes), all is well and we have two great goalies again. If he drops him, his confidence will be shot.

Lloris is an amazing keeper, but there's no reason to be concerned by Vorm playing.

Right, before all the post-match bickering starts... can we just remember this feeling...?
WE'RE AT WEMBLEY... IN THE CUP FINAL... DESPITE WHAT THE SKY/CHAMPIONS LEAGUE-AT-ALL-COSTS MEDIA TELL US, IT IS A BIG DEAL, AND I'M GLAD WE'RE THERE!
Now you can go fight amongst yourselves about whether Vorm should've played, Ade should still be at the club, and whether Levy is the devil or not... I for one am a happy Yid tonight!

Cue the happy Spurs players icon montage...
:vert::walker-scream::soldadolol::pochlol::paulinholol::levylol::kaboullol::eriksenlol::ade:

How will it bite me if I am support Spurs?
March 1st
Joe Clash: "We won, yay!"
Paulinho on twitter: "So glad to score, big love to all the Spurs fans, except Joe Clash, fuck that guy"
Then he posts a picture of him and Eriksen flipping off the camera at you.

You grow so sad to be hated by Eriksen that you give up football and turn to gardening as your main point of interest.

On an evocative note, one of my relatives passed away and I went to a funeral on Tuesday, the song chosen for the commital was Annie's Song by John Denver, which is the song you hear Sheff Utd play at half time and full time.

It's quite evocative for me as he was a life long spurs fan and that game last night was the epitome of what following spurs is all about, glory, disaster, heart wrenching drama and glory again. This fucking club...

Would you have it any other way??

Back at 4am this morning, in work at 8am, now home and basking in the Glory that we never do things the easy way do we.
Our support was top notch again last night, Blades were loud for first 10 minutes but apart from the Vorm flap ,, we did not give them reason to get excited. Fair play to the Blades for the come back though, hopefully that will have been noted by our management team that some of our players are simply not up to it.

Stand outs for me last night players wise; Dembele, by far the best game i have seen him play since signing, was up for it and prepared to dig in. Kane and Mason worked hard and Lamela showed. Eriksen was a class apart and Stambouli is committed but needs to improve his distribution. Dier continues to steadily impress at CB.
On the negative side, our two full backs were woeful, both were caught out of position and beaten to the cross so many times. Walker had one of those games last night that reminded me that the guy sometimes does not have a foootballers brain!!!
Townsend was equally ineffective when he came on, wrong decision all the time and trying to run through players and gifting them posession
As for Pauli, I do not get what this guy offers. it was not surprise Blades got on top when Dembele hobbled off, we lost the midfield from that point on.............

If u knew anything about Spurs & Spurs fans then you know that most of us expect the worst. That said , you are 5th in the 3rd tier of english football, to hope or dare to think that we should win is no biggie .

Merry Christmas

Oh and ....

Last edited:
Nightlife in Sheffield is good, only bad thing about Sheffield is that it is a shithole and has an abundance of council houses

What's wrong with council houses?
I grew up on a massive estate and now run my own business and live in my own house.
We are not all scum on benefits.

Back
Top Bottom