Burnley Vs Tottenham - Weds 23rd Feb - KO 19:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I use the game against Wolves on 29/12/18 at Wembley as the marker of the very start of the decline. We were so used to beating mid table teams at the time that when we went 2-1 down in the 83rd minute I couldn't believe I was watching Spurs as we looked finished. We had no fight left. Just couldn't raise our game, and even when we let the 3rd in there was no response at all.

That for me was the beginning of the end.

You know that season was so weird because we were winning matches quite regularly but we got lucky in quite a few of them, if you looked at the XG stats we were trending downwards in a lot of matches and the way we were playing wasn't sustainable. That of course was the Summer that killed us becuase of our self imposed transfer ban and we had players come back from the World Cup late and we had all that stadium delay bullshit as well, it's mental how we actually managed to finish top 4 that season.

7:30 KO

We march on.

The melts will be happy, not on UK TV.

COYS!!
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Just realised that smiley you've used is a graphical representation of a cockhead. A happy one though by the looks of it.

Get the sense Conte might rotate a bit a game at the weekend and Boro in the cup next tues.

could mean minutes for Lucas/Bergwijn etc?

Really could do with Skipp back for Leeds

Well I actually go to white hart lane and see him play. He's far from being a rat and has played many good games and some occasional great games. He has played for us all his life and whilst he's not first 11 material presently he's a good squad player and far from being a rat.

He's more spurs than you'll ever be.
Is that a Paddy Power Post?

You bet it is.

Get the sense Conte might rotate a bit a game at the weekend and Boro in the cup next tues.

could mean minutes for Lucas/Bergwijn etc?

Really could do with Skipp back for Leeds
Can see Dier being on the bench

Was it a hamstring injury he had?

I’m dead against CB’s being rested but in this case, it could derisk a reoccurrence

Obviously I want us to smash Burnley, but considering the missus has decided to go out for an impromptu catch-up with her gals, I feel like I've already won.

Gonna be awesome watching a game without her asking me to help her out with stuff (she could easily do by herself) every 10 mins. Or sitting next to me and dropping a "I really don't get how you love football so much" at least once per half. Or her classic "Aren't Spurs really crap anyway?".

I don't even mind she's gonna come home hammered and do my head in for an hour....and all tomw when hungover af.

COYS

Ps: Darling, should you ever read this, know you're the best thing that's ever happened to me...after Harry

Obviously I want us to smash Burnley, but considering the missus has decided to go out for an impromptu catch-up with her gals, I feel like I've already won.

Gonna be awesome watching a game without her asking me to help her out with stuff (she could easily do by herself) every 10 mins. Or sitting next to me and dropping a "I really don't get how you love football so much" at least once per half. Or her classic "Aren't Spurs really crap anyway?".

I don't even mind she's gonna come home hammered and do my head in for an hour....and all tomw when hungover af.

COYS

Ps: Darling, should you ever read this, know you're the best thing that's ever happened to me...after Harry
Nice to see a happily married man....

Back
Top Bottom