Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur, Sunday 5th April, 13:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

However if we had scrapped a winning goal in the last minute, then how could you NOT celebrate?

"Performances" like that, at this stage of the season with nothing to play for (due to more performances like that) make me numb to whats happeing to be honest.

If Burnley had got a late winner, I would have felt nothing.

I didn't see this game, but to take the last minute winner thing - I've screamed like a fucking lunatic at all our goals this season, but I've been left with an empty feeling afterwards because we shouldn't be relying on last minute goals to beat shitty teams.

It's like fucking a hooker (I'd imagine). You'd shoot your load, feel great, but very quickly feel empty inside.

all you ever seem to do is complain
I guess its like spending 5 years in the trenches getting shelled all day - it never gets any better.
Plus its tedious the way you polarise any statements, whether they are other posters or your own.
What the hell do you know about being the trenches and being shelled all day, bloody weekend warrior.
Yours was latrine duty wasn't it?

Stop whining when I complain about how shit it was then...

wait-what.gif

Yeah exactly....people moaning about people moaning.....

If you are happy with the way we are playing, compared to how we was playing earlier in the season, then good for you.

Regression concerns some people though, and if they want to bring it up, they can.

I obviously don't care as much as you do Sammy.

Thank the lord we have you on here fighting the good fight....hour after hour, day after day. Post after post.

(Except when you're in the bin)

No Mick, I see Pochs failings and compare them to when we was under Redknapp playing good football.

There are plenty who have a lot more extreme views on Poch than me, and plenty who feel like me

I have listed positives. You, along with others ignore because...

....yes

Im howling that we need to make some major improvements as things are not very good at the moment and none of it has to do with results. Go away now mate, you trying to come across and an uber positive reminds me of the dirty old wolf trying to get red riding hoods knickers off.
you just sound like a twat Sammy.
I am not some blind happy clappy numpty who has been watching football for 2 seasons - I can see all the things that are wrong as well, and have posted my views on them.
But I'm not blind to the positives.
You can be a good poster Sammy - but you can be a right arse as well - the trouble with you is you see everything as black and white, with no shades in between

you just sound like a twat Sammy.
I am not some blind happy clappy numpty who has been watching football for 2 seasons - I can see all the things that are wrong as well, and have posted my views on them.
But I'm not blind to the positives.
You can be a good poster Sammy - but you can be a right arse as well - the trouble with you is you see everything as black and white, with no shades in between
Shades don't earn wins though Mick. We've a young squad. We're fitter than before. We've a strong academy. That's all fine if it leads somewhere, but in the meantime questions have to be asked about where we are now. Nobody at the club gets a pass mark after a 0-0 against Burnley. Everyone has to answer for some of the performances this season.
Football IS black and white. You either win something or you don't, play well or you don't.

Why bother? Really? What is it about your life that means you have to take every opportunity to dig Mick out?
I pointed out that he's a fraud - and he can't deal with it.
I have also given him an assurance that I will never comment on his posts if he reciprocates the gesture - but he has no life to live, beyond that of insulting someone who can do nothing about it.
Brave eh?

Shades don't earn wins though Mick. We've a young squad. We're fitter than before. We've a strong academy. That's all fine if it leads somewhere, but in the meantime questions have to be asked about where we are now. Nobody at the club gets a pass mark after a 0-0 against Burnley. Everyone has to answer for some of the performances this season.
Football IS black and white. You either win something or you don't, play well or you don't.
I know - agree with you (apart from the last sentence - see the Leicester result for details!)
When Bentaleb and Mason came on the scene they were being declared as the next Iniesta/Xavi combo and I was slated when I questioned their lack of quality. I also proclaimed that Kane would flare and die out - so I'm no infallible prophet (as long as he keeps it up in the second season)
I also derided the performance at Burnley and all of the others along the way - I Can see what is happening.
We need better players to play better, fitness and hard work will work for a while, but better teams will suss you in the end - and I think we have been rumbled, and coupled with a lowering of intensity - we are starting to look like what we are - a mid table team, capable of pulling out a good performance now and again.
Which is pretty much in line with what sammy is saying - without calling everyone and everything about the club "shite"
(Old boring supporter bit)
I have witnessed so many seasons of shit - that being 5th with half a dozen games to go looks pretty fucking amazing - and which ever way you look at it, it beats supporting Aldershot or Grimsby.

I pointed out that he's a fraud - and he can't deal with it.
I have also given him an assurance that I will never comment on his posts if he reciprocates the gesture - but he has no life to live, beyond that of insulting someone who can do nothing about it.
Brave eh?
You are being as bad. No higher ground for you here I'm afraid.

You are being as bad. No higher ground for you here I'm afraid.
I'm not sure why - I don't want to participate on any level - yet I have to take lies and shit from him?
Ask yourself one thing - if there was someone in the room - whilst you were in conversation with a group of people, who constantly made carping personal remarks about you - or told complete lies and bullshit to other people so that you heard.
What would you do? Take the higher ground?
Mostly I ignore him, because its not worth it - and as I say, I am prepared to remove this shit from the board in an instant, and all he has to do is stop - to make it happen.

So who is to blame?
The solution is in his hands.

I'm not sure why - I don't want to participate on any level - yet I have to take lies and shit from him?
Ask yourself one thing - if there was someone in the room - whilst you were in conversation with a group of people, who constantly made carping personal remarks about you - or told complete lies and bullshit to other people so that you heard.
What would you do? Take the higher ground?
Mostly I ignore him, because its not worth it - and as I say, I am prepared to remove this shit from the board in an instant, and all he has to do is stop - to make it happen.

So who is to blame?
The solution is in his hands.
No I wouldn't ignore. I'd get tore in about the cunt off. But I'dI'd be self aware enough to know I'm equally to blame for it lasting several fucking pages and would eventually wind it in.

No I wouldn't ignore. I'd get tore in about the cunt off. But I'dI'd be self aware enough to know I'm equally to blame for it lasting several fucking pages and would eventually wind it in.
Yup
PM'd him and asked him to stop - like I did with arcspace, albeit more publicly as I couldn't pm him (who has)
and I have him on ignore, so I miss most of what he posts - but sometimes its done in an obvious manner and I see no reason why I should simply accept people telling downright lies about me.
But - I take your point. Hopefully he will too.

Back
Top Bottom