Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur, Sunday 5th April, 13:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whatever you say ... Internet tough guy ... Don't want any problems :townhmm:
Not having a go mate, but your interaction with the forum is a little one sided? Of course that's your right, which I respect. Is it ok if I give you rep to break your duck?
image.png

Its in the blood and always will be.

Not just about winning to me, but trying, and players being proud to die for the shirt.

Its not purity Mick, its passion. This team has none, bar a few individuals.
If you dont get it, I cant help you.
Oh come on man
you act like you are on a lone crusade - but you're not

we all sat and watched the game with a growing sense of despair and squirming embarrassment
its not what you think it is though - the team has run out of ideas, and there is a fundamental lack of talent, that all the effort, high tempo, pressing bollocks can't really disguise - you can only achieve so much on guts and determination.
Remember Wimbledon? No-one knew what to do, to start with, and when they got it - Wimbledon didn't run out of ideas, they just discovered that guts, determination and a bit of thuggery will never beat raw talent and artistry.
You keep repeating this mantra about plan B's - but it doesn't make any feckin' difference, we don't have a great "team A" to play all the permutations with. Pochettino knows this, so he keeps with the best of what he's got.

We all love the "one of our owns" and all the youngsters love to see the academy boys come through (whilst - paradoxically slagging to the ends of the earth, the people that got them out of the loans to accrington Stanley and gave them a shot at the limelight) but the fact is - they are not good enough to get us where we want to be. Bentaleb and Mason, really aren't good enough to unlock defences and run games to our tempo. They can't provide the opportunities for Soldado and Kane to bag 20+ apiece, and we don't have the defence to lock out the fast flowing attacking midfielders and forwards ripping the turf up heading for lloris, the one true "above average" talent we have to offer.
Kane will get marked into mediocrity next season, unless he gets a Gilzean or Sheringham to get the best out of him, and unless Eriksen gets some real midfield support, he will never show whether he is Modrics successor or not.

Chadli and Townsend are just not good enough.

All of them can be accommodated in a side with some real gifted talents in it, but as a collective, all the pressing and tempo in the world aren't going to hide the "averageness" of the assembled "talent" pool that the boss has at his disposal.

You can't help me? - seriously?, you are not the Messiah, you are not bringing a lifechanging message to the masses. We can all see it.

The difference for me - is that I would have dislodged the ornaments by shouting "Yessss" - even if their keeper had thrown the ball in his own net in the 96th minute - and then committed suicide with a blunt spoon as a protest at the lack of a threat from our team.

Bull shit! Poch doesnt know this. If he did, Paulinho isnt the best of what we've got. Playing him was a clueless thing to do.
go watch his subs appearance against Leicester
he looked like the renaissance man.
Do you watch every Spurs training session - do you know how well he played in training?
Or are you just blessed with the same hindsight, vision improving spectacles that we all have a pair of?

go watch his subs appearance against Leicester
he looked like the renaissance man.
Do you watch every Spurs training session - do you know how well he played in training?
Or are you just blessed with the same hindsight, vision improving spectacles that we all have a pair of?
He's shit Mick - truly one of the worst players ever to pull on the shirt. A terrible player who is best forgotten about. That's what I'd say to you over a beer in the pub :adebaehug:

"It's about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot,not waiting for them to die of boredom, unless its against Burnley.' Danny Blanchflower

He's shit Mick - truly one of the worst players ever to pull on the shirt. A terrible player who is best forgotten about. That's what I'd say to you over a beer in the pub :adebaehug:
my entire argument regarding Paulinho falls apart when you look at the Burnley game, I grant you. TBPH - I wouldn't have picked him either.
I cannot believe that the guy has no skills or talents though - I think he has the footballing equivalent of stage fright. No manager would pick me as I would never be able to persuade them in training sessions to do so - so he must be doing something right up to the point of match play.
My biggest question mark was why he kept him on the pitch so long - it was obvious that he was ineffective.
However before I join the band of critics - I believe the man has a managerial gift and ability - purely because of what he has managed to wring out of two pedestrian squads at both southampton and with our squad this season.
ps - not just the Burnley game, with the exception of a decent shift in the Leicester game he has been pants all season.

Stop questioning why people are pissed off and telling them to go and support Real Madrid then
People?
Just you Sammy..............
You were the one who said that you wouldn't have celebrated if we had scored a late winner because the performance was so shite.
I would have celebrated like a man who had done 30 years in solitary on death row, who just got off on a technicality.
That comment of yours astonished me. Coming from a spurs supporter

No manager would pick me as I would never be able to persuade them in training sessions to do so - so he must be doing something right up to the point of match play.
My biggest question mark was why he kept him on the pitch so long - it was obvious that he was ineffective.
Like you said, it was obvious he was ineffective. This manager cant see obvious things because he is stupid. A manager who is stupid has a very good chance of picking you even if you are shite in training and on the pitch.

What exactly can you see then Mick, that justifies his place in the team? Is it the unseen training sessions that make you back Poch for playing him?
Its just a lazy way of defending a seriously clueless decision. If a manager is making mistakes over and over again,for some they arent mistakes but informed decisions based on things no one can see.

People?
Just you Sammy..............
You were the one who said that you wouldn't have celebrated if we had scored a late winner because the performance was so shite.
I would have celebrated like a man who had done 30 years in solitary on death row, who just got off on a technicality.
That comment of yours astonished me. Coming from a spurs supporter

Thats cos you are all about results, and Im all about playing football and deserving your win.

Like I said earlier, if you dont get it, I cant help you

Like you said, it was obvious he was ineffective. This manager cant see obvious things because he is stupid. A manager who is stupid has a very good chance of picking you even if you are shite in training and on the pitch.
Big fan then?
Kind of hard to slag a man off for showing a guy who was a regular in the Brazil squad a bit of faith in the hope he might get his mojo back.
You going to call him stupid for giving the youngsters a break as well?
and lets face it, getting a team to 5th in the league with a squad like ours is something anyone with FM can achieve - right?

Thats cos you are all about results, and Im all about playing football and deserving your win.

Like I said earlier, if you dont get it, I cant help you
jesus you can be a condescending bastard at times. How many times have I said that the performance was clear to see?
If I "was all about results" - I wouldn't be a Spurs supporter
Trust me - I don't need your kind of help

Big fan then?
Kind of hard to slag a man off for showing a guy who was a regular in the Brazil squad a bit of faith in the hope he might get his mojo back.
and lets face it, getting a team to 5th in the league with a squad like ours is something anyone with FM can achieve - right?
Bit of faith in someone who fails over and over again is being clueless. Lets put our faith in soldado too now? No that would be equally stupid.

People criticizing this clueless manager must be FM players. smh...Thats just moronic.

Big fan then?

Faith - belief without evidence

Sandro was a regular too, where was his "faith" in him?

As for calling him stupid for playing youngsters, that's so 12 months ago............

Back
Top Bottom