Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur (07/03/20) (5.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dier was excellent in the 2nd half

Toby and Sanchez nervous wreck

Alli improved in the 2nd half

Tanga was very good so was Vert, Lucas, Lamela, bergwijn, Lloris & GLC

Skipp was out of position so many time and for Ndombele no comment

3 at the back is not working, Jose, drop it.

What did he say?
He was asked what was the difference between the two halves, was it the substitutions? What was missing. He said he didn't want to talk about it. When pressed, he said that there were substitutions because something was missing, and it had nothing to do with Skipp as he put in a lot of effort and is continuing to develop and grow.

It wasn't a sustained, direct attack on him but he made it clear that he assigned a lot of blame on the first half on his back and was the reason for the change.

Yes, that was a stupid thing to do.

We are not winning the CL.

Our only chance of re-qualifying is through he prem.
That's true, but progression through the knockout stages has a very real lucrative cash incentive. Potentially every extra penny earned there is money towards the next NDombele.

Just imagine.

Jose just threw Tanguy under the bus.

Interesting times...
Fucking hell Mou is absolutely digging out NDombele right now
Wow his laying into N'dombele.

I'm sure some will agree but I think his a fucking disgrace for it. Fuck him.
Brutal by Jose.
I'm watching Sky Sports where he's only just being interviewed now - what's he said?

Edit: ah, he's doing a similar thing now.

And put Dier in central midfield
Stop Sammy. I was one of the first in the match thread to credit his 2nd half display but most of it was uncharacteristically good and not something an intelligent person would base future personnel decisions on. We already know what he is and what he brings. And besides it was Burnley that gave time and space. When pressed is when his flaws are apparent.

He need to continue to work at CB if that's his future. Then make the big decision in the summer.

Stop Sammy. I was one of the first in the match thread to credit his 2nd half display but most of it was uncharacteristically good and not something an intelligent person would base future personnel decisions on. We already know what he is and what he brings. And besides it was Burnley that gave time and space. When pressed is when his flaws are apparent.

He need to continue to work at CB if that's his future. Then make the big decision in the summer.
Yeah he was excellent but it’s the only ever time and I was still wrong about him being a good DM, rightio

Since he took charge in November, Spurs have picked up 27 points in the Premier League.

Only Liverpool and Manchester City have earned more.

That is fucking damning on the pl as we have been shit for pretty much every game except first half vs whu and the Burnley 5 nil rout

Wow....now we are apparently happy with a draw to Burnley..
Joke result, we should never settle for a draw against relegation fodder like them......
An improvement on this.

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino angrily confronted referee Mike Dean after a damaging defeat at Burnley dealt a huge blow to his side's Premier League title hopes.
23rd Feb 2019

He was asked what was the difference between the two halves, was it the substitutions? What was missing. He said he didn't want to talk about it. When pressed, he said that there were substitutions because something was missing, and it had nothing to do with Skipp as he put in a lot of effort and is continuing to develop and grow.

It wasn't a sustained, direct attack on him but he made it clear that he assigned a lot of blame on the first half on his back and was the reason for the change.

Well he’s not wrong, is he? For £65m I’d expect someone of his reputation to be able to impose themselves on Burnley, even if it’s only in spurts. If he can’t handle some real talk then he’s probably not cut out for this level.

People will bang on about his performances against City in the CL but Wilson Palacios played a blinder against peak AC Milan in the CL all those years ago. The PL is our bread and butter and he doesn’t look like he can handle it.

Back
Top Bottom