Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur (07/03/20) (5.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Much better 2nd half. Showed some quality.

A striker and we would have won that.

Lo Celso was marvellous aside from the last minute.

Alli deserves praise for manning up. More please.

Overall content.

At some point a banner appeared , saying that Lo Celso has no goals and no assists in the PL so far. And I thought "this is why stats don't tell everything"

A top player and a leader. This is what we were lacking the most in the first half
On my stream it unfortunately occured at the exact moment the commentator was saying how much his made a difference this season for spurs.

Even I laughed.

People won’t want to hear it, but that’s a good point. Burnley are in decent form, most clean sheets and are tough at home. Second half we battered them, with a natural finisher we’d have won.

A lot more desire going forward in the second half. 433 worked well. Still look very suspect at the back, but I fully expect that to change when Mourinho gets a summer with them.
Plus it’s not a happy hunting ground for us, we’ve lost a few games up there one under Reknapp with Ledley and Modric playing springs to mind

We'd have started Lol Celso, we'd have likely won.

This season is just horrible.

It's like a nose put out of joint.

Nothing has been right.
That might well be true but his legs are being rested for the Stasi surely? Came on because he had to, not because JM just likes the formation with him in?

Much better second half but still not good enough. With Kane and Son out I sympathise but it's no excuse for lumping it all the time when there's no need to. I saw too many hoofs when there was no need to, I saw high balls kicked over people's shoulders where it's obvious we didn't know if it was directed towards a Spurs player, lots of nimble things in areas that don't do damage.

Yes we miss attacking quality but it doesn't prevent the 11 on the pitch to still play a bit of football. I'd have taken a point at the start of the game, after what Burnley rucked up with I see it as two points lost.

Another goalkeeper, another calamity. I don't remember scoring many from errors, I can think of dozens where we've conceded because of them. Two points lost as far as I'm concerned, we had a really good 20 minute spell where Burnley were against the ropes and we didn't even force a proper save. The lack of energy is alarming but it at least stops that's losing streak.

Positives, we are still in the mix but man this is tedious at the moment. Wake up call to the powers that be about the need for depth, it needs some real TLC injuries or not.

Burnley had nothing, sadly neither did we.

How can I unsee this
I found it when we were first linked with him.

The nightmares don't go away.

giphy.gif

Absolute bollocks. The formation handed the midfield to Burnley. And that was his first PL start of the season and first ever away!
I don't think he knew if he was coming or going in the first half, and I am not surprised. I have no idea what we were trying to do on the right side and it looked like the players didn't either.

Good second half and what an impact from Lo Celso! Nice to see the changes and good battle back.

I'd describe us as a fire drill in our own end, but I feel like a fire drill is more orderly and better organized.

Doesn’t do much for us but I suppose not the worst result

Dier was good, Gio was good! If we could even just get Sissoko back soon it’d be huge
Draw away to burnley not bad but needed to win really for the CL spots.

Back
Top Bottom