Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur (07/03/20) (5.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That might well be true but his legs are being rested for the Stasi surely? Came on because he had to, not because JM just likes the formation with him in?

Yes, that was a stupid thing to do.

We are not winning the CL.

Our only chance of re-qualifying is through he prem.

I was proud of that 2nd half performance.

We have found a top player in Lo Celso, he is starting to dictate the play.

I thought Eric Dier was back to his best in DM, As was Super Jan.

I think its a bit unfair to level any criticism after that 2nd half.

There first goal was blatant handball which have been given all season on VAR, and we played the first half with 10 men.

Ndombele needs to be fucked off out of it asap.

Other than that fairly pleased with the point and gives me a slim panetela of hope for the Liepzig game.

Breathing a sigh of relief after scrambling a point at Burnley!

:mourfacepalm:
That's just where we are today, which is pretty damn low but just getting through with some points and no injuries is a good day at the moment. You can argue the why's and wherefore's all you like but it doesn't change the pretty desperate situation on the pitch.

I don't think he knew if he was coming or going in the first half, and I am not surprised. I have no idea what we were trying to do on the right side and it looked like the players didn't either.

It was a shambles. The club needs to ban Mourinho playing 3 at the back. He simply doesn't understand it and players obviously don't know what they're doing. They obviously don't do reps and patterns of play in training and it shows.

If jose is more positive and the instinct is to win the game rather than setup not to lose we can actually attack even without Kane and son. Just let the handbrake go. Same as at Utd he use to the handbrake but will he be able to change natural instinct. If attack and run like we did 2nd we can RBL problems. GLC and Lucas improved the attacking play with quicker passing and pace. Bergwijn was disappointing not sure what his role is. Bit surprised that Serge came on and not Gedson his crosses were attroicious. Wouldn’t have the count quaking in his coffin.
Got to play on the front foot use our pace more and stop this shite negative tactics and formation we can’t do it. Everyone can see so hopefully Jose has seen it now and make sure they are fired up from the off.

I found it when we were first linked with him.

The nightmares don't go away.

giphy.gif
Now my therapist will rubbing her hands

Wow....now we are apparently happy with a draw to Burnley..
Joke result, we should never settle for a draw against relegation fodder like them......

Are the relegation fodder? They were a poor reuslt away from being a Europa League team not long ago and could have been what 6th/7th withna win today?

We could have got 3 points out of that one if we were more ruthless with our passing and chances though yes agreed.

Back
Top Bottom