Burnley home fa cup

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The dolphin readying up... We're going for 10!

"Chadli is getting ready to come on".

68749-Iron-Man-Jet-Pack-gif-LX2P.gif

One of the best things about the win is it required zero minutes from Eriksen and Kane.

I'm a new Spurs fan, and followed the match thread for the first time today. Very entertaining way to follow a game, particularly one that's not televised and I can only listen to. Thanks all for an enjoyable afternoon in Canada.

...ditch the tin pot tourneys and concentrate on top 4 - that's what an organization that has lost the loser's mentality (i.e. New England Patriots) would do...use the cup games to train tactics and evaluate fringe starters...
COYS
This is the worst post I've ever seen on this forum. It's worse than that actually. It's the worst thing I've ever read. No, it's the worst thing ever communicated in human history since the first caveman made a grunt. It is wrong in every conceivable way.

1. The FA cup is not a "tin pot," it is the most prestigious domestic cup in the world.
2. The New England Patriots have never ditched a tournament of any kind. There is nothing even remotely similar to the FA Cup in American football.
3. The only time I can think of the NE Patriots being in a situation where they had the opportunity to seek any glory beyond winning the title, they did not rest players and went all out to get to 16-0 in the regular season. They clearly did seek glory beyond the league.
4. I can't wait to see Harry Kane lift that fourth place league trophy.
5. Not trying to win defines a "loser's mentality."
6. Darelle Revis is embarrassed by you.
7. COYS

Massive game tonight. We win this, we are at home to Leicester. Great chance to get to the 5th round.

I know I will probably get a lot of disagrees for this, but too me this game is more important than saturday. The chelsea result was brilliant, but I think it got too many people a bit top 4 happy. In reality it's going to be 6th downwards. With the players we have, 6th would be a great season. We have the chance to win a trophy, let try and do it.

Last edited:
I think Rose's goal further highlights that he is a much better player going forward than as a defender. He could actually be a decent winger. He has good pace. He can see the moves, both as the attacker and as the provider. He is commited and not afraid to go for the ball even if he might get hurt. Decent technical ability. He can cross. And most importantly, because we don't have anyone else right now that does it, he can keep his width and stay on the touchline. And I get the impression that he runs a lot (anyone got any stats?) and can offer something defensively as well, though I feel much more confident with him not being the final player at LB.

Back
Top Bottom