Burn out.......

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So it's kind of hard to talk about burn out when we've had to do without some of last seasons stars, most of whom are now entering the business end of the season fresh as daisies.
That's what I hope my chart showed. Of players who get a lot of minutes, so far only Walker and Bale have seen the kind of activity they did last year. That means that, on average, AVB is putting out a team, game in/game out that features nine men who played smaller (or no) roles last year. We're almost a completely different team!

Walker is a machine if you look at those stats , a guy with his pace and energy still playing the most of the games for a second season in a row. Akmost never subbed due to tiredness or anything like that.

We have a pretty good squad Bale, Lennon and Dembele are the 3 to worry about, they are key players and we have no one else in the squad that can play at their level in the given position.

Bale has had a few games off with injury/suspension but still one to worry about. 12 games + Europa (9 games if we reach the final) to go!
I'd add Hugo to that list, he's just as or nearly as important as Bale and more important than either Lennon or Dembele. He makes our defence work.

So it's kind of hard to talk about burn out when we've had to do without some of last seasons stars, most of whom are now entering the business end of the season fresh as daisies.
Exactly, there's no sign of burn out. Rotation has been happening, as I said before I disagree with the OP.

It would be nice to go 3/4 goals up in a couple of games and give us the opportunity to 'rest' players near the end or give others some much needed game time. Can't see this happening too often though.

A maximum of 21 games in 3 months (about 13 weeks) is probably no worse than the November/December/January period and we now have one game in the next 10 days so this could be an invaluable short period to refresh the squad.

Back
Top Bottom